PDA

View Full Version : Jobs at GO

ElNino
11th Dec 2001, 17:24
Does anybody know what the story is with recruiting at Go (if indeed they are doing any), in terms of requirements etc.?
Is the address to send CV's to that on the website?
Could somebody tell me the Chief Pilots name?

Thanks

World Traveller
11th Dec 2001, 17:29
There is a new link to jobs on their website www.go-fly.com. (http://www.go-fly.com.) They want pilots, CC and ops/crewing staff.

WT
Just a punter.

glider insider
11th Dec 2001, 18:19
at present there is a non essential recruitment freeze...

i.e not taking on new people to do jobs that can be done by existing staff

but, with plans to take on at least 5 aircraft next year, starting Jan / Feb i am sure that Go will be looking for Flight crew / cabin crew....

jetgirl
11th Dec 2001, 23:54
GO have been involved in some disgraceful shafting of pilots recently. I know one who was working the last 3 days of his notice before starting with GO when he was rung and told he was not required any more. (its ok they could get type rated people...)

Since the company he was enployed by was about to make a large number of pilots redundant, he could not recind his notice. As a result he was left with NO JOB, NO REDUNDANCY, NO MONEY and he has a wife and family to support.

Great for GO that they can get pilots without having to pay the type rating but they have really left this guy up sh#t creak without a paddle - and at 3 days notice. Just watch out. :mad: :confused:

why me?
12th Dec 2001, 00:32
Go are recruiting for pilots at the moment, however the preference is being placed on those who are type-rated. We have 5 (with an option for 6) new aircraft being delivered, starting with the first in January and are recruiting now to fill the places required to fill the seats in these new chariots.

ElNino - post your e-mail address and i'll give you more info.

GOin' for GOld

ElNino
12th Dec 2001, 21:03
GOin for GOld

I've posted up my email. Any info at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks
EN

[ 12 December 2001: Message edited by: ElNino ]

Cakov
13th Dec 2001, 02:06
EINino, best bet is to speak to someone that has already been for an interview...

The questions are set, and there is only one technical paper. If you know someone that has aleady been, you'll be able to prepare for 95% of what is in store...

I wonder if they've noticed that test scores have been increasing by the week?

[ 12 December 2001: Message edited by: Cakov ]

ElNino
13th Dec 2001, 15:24
Thanks for that Cakov. If anyone has done a GO interview could they mail me at: [email protected]

LAVDUMPER
13th Dec 2001, 23:59
Jetgirl,

Sorry to hear that story - very difficult times - especially for your friend. For the person you are describing, what were his qualifications - what type of aircraft had he been flying at his previous airline? Position and aircraft type?

Did he have any type ratings?

Cheers

buffet
14th Dec 2001, 23:27
A friend of mine went for an interview for GO recently and had someone he thought was personnel and an FO, both reading the questions from a prepared sheet. Nothing against the interviewers but this is a pretty poor show if they can't even wheel out a line captain, let alone a training capt. :rolleyes:

Nightstop
15th Dec 2001, 13:40
Sorry Buffet if your friend didn't find the interview style to his/her liking but all candidates have to be given a similar set of questions, partly in order to avoid any perceived unfairness in the form of favouritism and also to ensure no form of discrimination exists. The prepared sheet you mention is just a way of ensuring that.
As for F/O's instead of Line/Training Captains participating as interviewers, what's your friend's problem with that? Indeed when a Captain applicant is being interviewed who better is there to assess that person than the colleague who will later have to work with them! I believe several of Go's F/O interviewers are female, does that unsettle your friend even more, if so why
:confused:

[ 15 December 2001: Message edited by: Nightstop ]

caulfield
15th Dec 2001, 15:42
Captains being interviewed by F/O's and office staff for jobs?If the Captain is employed and is subsequently involved in an incident,perhaps he/she can refer the CAA to GO's office staff or junior F/O when they ask questions.
A prospective pilot,any pilot,should be interviewed by the Chief Pilot or training captain/fleet manager at the very minimum.Additional interviews with human resources staff are fine but are an add-on.
Sounds very liberal pinko politically correct b.s to me.
Off the topic I know..apologies.

Nightstop
15th Dec 2001, 15:59
The interview is just one part of the selection procedure, the personnel involved in that may be from any relevant department. Of course the candidate's piloting ability is assessed separately in the simulator by the CP or his training staff who are indeed Captains.
There really isn't anything pinko politically correct about this, the Company simply is non discrimatory in all possible aspects of it's business.

Cakov
15th Dec 2001, 19:15
Isn't the purpose defeated somewhat when people going for the interviews know exactly what they are going to be asked?

Surely the technical paper and interview have little relevance or purpose when the candidates know all of the questions in advance!!!

Non-descriminatory perhaps...but you could achieve the same results by sitting down - with a captain! - and having a chat.

I really don't think that the interviews should be conducted by FOs or non-pilots. No matter how much training you might have, you'll never know what you're really looking for until you've flown with a range of pilots, good and bad.

[ 15 December 2001: Message edited by: Cakov ]

buffet
15th Dec 2001, 21:38
Nightstop, I ( nor my friend ) have a problem about being interviewed by a female wether FO or Chief Pilot. The point is, and others seem to agree, that one would expect to be interviewed by a management pilot. Don't forget an interview is a 2 way procedure and candidates will want to ask questions about the company, prospects, bases, etc etc. Some of which a line pilot (Fo or Capt)may be unable to answer.

Puritan
16th Dec 2001, 12:36
Well I don't agree, indeed it might be said that you quite plainly have little or no comprehension of the realities of 'low-cost' operations - and I'll leave that to you to figure out.
Also, and from the underlying (neigh condescending ? ) tone of your contributions above, you sound like precisely the kind of chap/chappess that wouldn't get a gob at Go - they are very picky !

Nightstop
16th Dec 2001, 13:06
Indeed! Communication in Go is so efficient that everyone from the most junior to the most senior in ALL departments know the answers to questions such as bases, prospects, delay statistics, load factors etc (before the media) and F/O's certainly know the answers to questions such as Command assessment criteria, so there's no need to be concerned about an F/O being present on the interview board (often a Captain will be present also).
Go wont always be looking for type rated pilots, all interested appplicants would be wise to consider the company ethos alluded to above before coming to an interview.

buffet
16th Dec 2001, 14:18
puritan, I am entiled to my opinion and I am not being condescending by having my say. Indeed that is what a forum is all about. Seen as you are so sensitive I suggest you log off now. :D

vanman
21st Dec 2001, 14:54
ref jetgirl's 'friend', I knew him too. Good guy - terrible story. Experienced bloke - ex-mil - 146 CPT. As at today - GO only want to hear from type rated CPTs (which still won't save him)

[ 21 December 2001: Message edited by: vanman ]</p>