PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream anyone>?

radicalrabit
12th Sep 2007, 15:41
Is there anyone who is familiar with Jetsream 31/2 who can tell me if they are a load of cack or not and if they get more than their fair share of gremlins. I would hate to fork out half a million quid to have the thing in the work shop more often than it is in the air :8

matkat
12th Sep 2007, 16:14
I worked as a planner/QA with coastair in norway until March past no really chronic problems so if it has been looked after would get a survey done and see what comes up half a mill would seem cheap though so do beware.

NutLoose
12th Sep 2007, 16:59
Seen em for £45,000 ex RAF.....shame it would cost a fortune to put em on the Reg.....

BAe JETSTREAM T MK.2

http://www.everettaero.com/Jetstream475.html

BAe JETSTREAM T MK1

http://www.everettaero.com/Jetstream500.html

captain kid
12th Sep 2007, 22:30
Maybe have a word with the owner of Eastern based in Humberside, see if they have any for sale??

radicalrabit
12th Sep 2007, 22:35
ok?~ tell me more ..who are they and why may they have any for sale ?

captain kid
12th Sep 2007, 22:42
I see your location is derbyshire???

What is your reason for purchasing a Jetstream, in terms of the market your aiming at??

Have you done much research into Jetstreams or only just started researching??

Eastern use to operate mainly Jetstream31/32 but now operate Jetstream 41, however there maybe a few 31/32 still knocking around. Best bet would be to call up Eastern. They are the largest Jetstream operator in europe.

www.easternairways.com

radicalrabit
12th Sep 2007, 23:16
Well I rescued someone by accident , turned out to be a millionairess.... she wants a yacht of her own and a plane to fly to it . So we explored all sorts of planes and came accross a few Jetstreams in yupi dress so she asked can we afford to buy one and run it. I am just asking the questions to see if it is possible or practical will be looking for 2 pilots for a while too !!!
Seems odd I know but thats where we are, there are a few in the states but need new interiors and I wanted to find out what they cost to maintain. All help appreciated ...

AlphaMale
12th Sep 2007, 23:23
Well I rescued someone by accident , turned out to be a millionairess.... she wants a yacht of her own and a plane to fly to it .

Some guys get all the luck. ;)

radicalrabit
12th Sep 2007, 23:42
Well she came along with a suicidal teenage daughter ,,its like living with a rotweiler with a splinter in its ba..:mad:s! Living in the same house with two women who are 3 sarnies short of a picnic isnt lucky ! the money thing just makes them worse... but anyway .... am glad of all the help I can get on this one

captain kid
13th Sep 2007, 07:47
What sort of distance is she wanting to fly?? Jetstream 32 is a 19 seater aircraft. Cheap to run, pretty reliable providing you have an engineer and spare parts. I actually know of a pilot that may be interested as hes coming up for retirement so private flying would be ideal for him. PM me and ill give you more details. Rgds

lordofthewings
23rd Sep 2007, 06:43
Pilatus PC-12 is what you want.Great economical corporate stol aircraft with single engine keeping maint costs lower.PM if interested..

britech
14th Oct 2007, 15:26
I am currently employed with a company that operate J31 and we carry out maintenance on our own aircraft and 3rd party work for other operators of the J31.

The aircraft are ok if you keep on top of them and work them, but if you do not use them regularly and have them sitting around they can start to be a pain. Parts are still fairly easy to get even though the aircraft has been around for a while. A lot of aircraft have been brought back into use recently that have been sitting in the desert for a few years so their popularity is on the up.

If you are looking at getting one get a good survey carried out it will be worth it in the long run. I have surveyed a few in the last few years and there are some dogs about. If the aircraft that you look at has been on the ground for a few years and does not meet all the requirements of TCAS II and TAWS these can be expensive modifications to carry out.

If you need any further details let me know.

Blue Coyote
24th Oct 2007, 22:47
I used to be involved with this aircraft type many years ago.

Ignore any ex RAF aircraft and HP 137's with the Astazou engines, you want the Garretts.

Earlier Garrett -10 engines, if my memory serves, had a torque measurement system that utised oil pressure and could become expensively unreliable. You are better off with later engines that used a strain gauge system.

I also seem to recall that the inverters on the earlier aircraft weren't so good. Again from memory you want a post aircraft 650 build number.

'fraid that's about all I can remember at this time of night.

Nutricius
9th Jul 2008, 16:13
I own two J31 aircraft, what do you want to know, they are british engineering. It depends which one you are thinking of buying?

Vortechs Jenerator
10th Jul 2008, 08:06
they are british engineering.

Why does that always seem to equate to a dire reliability warning disclaimer when uttered in the same sentence as an aircraft question:}

Engineeraaron
10th Jul 2008, 19:36
What ever you do do not buy one of everett aero, we got one from them at college and all the wire looms for the wings were cut in half when they took the wings off!