PDA

View Full Version : Afrijet, Nigeria

HavingSaidThat
12th Sep 2007, 06:34
I found a pink and colourful :cool: website for an airline named Afrijet. From what I can understand they operate everything from Airbus310 and MD83 via B737-800 to SH-227 on cargo and passenger flights. Are they still around? And if they are, what do you know about them?

Thank you.

ZAZOO
12th Sep 2007, 12:46
Dunno about the other aircrafts, but have seen the MD80 parked at the International terminal here in Lagos. They have been quite slow though with their entrance into the Nigerian sector.

Heard they had a Lagos-Madrid-London route in affiliation with a european based airline, which was supposed to have started operation about a year ago, but still has'nt started yet.

Called up a friend the other day and she talked about Afrijet and something about them looking for crew, its possible they might be getting ready for the big start.

AVSEC
12th Sep 2007, 17:24
Heard about some flights with air italy in conjunction with Alitalia.
Also heard about some flights to the congo.
Supposed to have some alliance with a Nigerian bank for the wet lease of an aircraft.
have not heard of any other deals related to aircrafts.
Supposed to have some alliance with Delta Airlines who should be begining ops in Nigeria by december 2007 if the hype is to be believed.Hope it happens.

HavingSaidThat
14th Sep 2007, 13:53
So what yo all are saying is that Afrijet has not made a solid impact on the Nigerian market, but has had ad hoc operations with other carriers in Africa and Europe.

I believe I have seen adverts in some job web sites where an operator is looking for MD staff. Could that be Afrijet, or another operator? May be they are gearing up for the big hit.

rodmur
15th Sep 2007, 12:25
email to the address on their web site comes back address unknown