PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Freight Charges

veloo maniam
12th Sep 2007, 04:42
I would like to import some freight from USA to Malaysia. Who should I contact for the cheapest rates. Which courier would that be? The type of material is newspapers/books/DVDs etc.
Also I would like to to export beverages (bottled) to Chennai India.
Tq for your replies and contacts.:ok:

Beer_n_Tabs
12th Sep 2007, 13:29
That all depends on a number of things.

Weights, volumes, service level required, to the airport or to the door.

You would need to have all that information before anybody could give you a reasonable idea.

Are you in the freight forwarding industry or are you the actual shipper / distributor / maunufacturer / or is this a private one off movement? If you are the shipper then you will also need to look at costs for ground transport, paperwork (customs delcarations etc etc). So you will need a freight forwarder to act on your behalf.

TabulaRasa
12th Sep 2007, 14:47
You'd need to know the pieces, weight, dimensions, and location of pickup in USA to get the Door to Customs Airport charges. Would you want to go to KUL or PEN?

That doesn't include any duties, taxes, or delivery charges once the freight arrives in Malaysia.

veloo maniam
13th Sep 2007, 00:34
Thanks guys ...looks like I have to do a lot of homework.
Yeah..just thinking of starting. Just ordered some stuff over the internet
and am getting it over to KUL. Ist shipment will be coming in soon and I plan to bring it in on a constant schedule. Thnaks again.:ok:

an-124
27th Sep 2007, 03:39
I would like to import some freight from USA to Malaysia. Who should I contact for the cheapest rates. Which courier would that be? The type of material is newspapers/books/DVDs etc.
Also I would like to to export beverages (bottled) to Chennai India.
Tq for your replies and contacts.

That would be a ship.....