PDA

View Full Version : ATPL schools....again???

brs
12th Sep 2007, 01:34
Hi everybody

i march next year I am starting on my atpl groundschool studies,but untill now I dont really know where to start...:bored: what a jungle it is :ugh:

At the beginning Bristol GS. was my favorite because of the very good remuor on almost all websites, but the school have divided the 14 subjects into to modules (1 module = 8 subjects and 2 module =6 subjects) which I personally think is to much since I have to work at the same time...

I personally think that it is best too take the 14 exams at 3 modules so that you can feel on your body that there is a progress instead of bristol offer where the first module is 8 exams....:eek::eek::eek:

There is a school in UK :Atlantic Flight Training i uk (www.flyaft.com (http://www.flyaft.com/)) where you take the 14 exams on 3 modules (5-4-5) distance learning.....
Does anybody know anything about that school and does anybody know other atpl school

Best regards too you all and happy landings also

brs

helimutt
12th Sep 2007, 07:44
doesnt matter how you do the modular course, just take the particular exams you want to when you feel you can pass them. (Is it still 6 attempts allowed with four at any one subject?)
Believe me, it's not as difficult as you first think. When you get the first lot of study material it can seem totally overwhelming but work at your own pace. I did mine over 8 months distance learning with a two week brush up, passed all first time except Law (73%!!! passed it second time as I revised for it that time :O) and I didnt even get A levels at school!!! If I can do it, anyone can. Strangely there is more than one Distance Learning School out there. Funny how so many people are sheep! Give the guys down at Ground Training Services (GTS) Bournemouth a call. Speak to Roger. They're very helpful and knowledgable and can probably help you out.
Just remember, it's more of a short term memory test than anything else.

Good luck in your studies.

brs
12th Sep 2007, 22:50
hi

what books is that school using??? BGS or OXford or jeppesen

anybody that knows anything about Ground Training Services (GTS) in Bournemouth

brs

XL319
12th Sep 2007, 23:28
I went with CATS mainly based on price, location, reputation and their online training course (it's also split into 3 modules)

I have heard BGS has a very good reputation, but found their location was miles away from me and the price was more than what i wanted to pay.

These are the main two which i've heard good reports about. There is GCNS at Glasgow and GTServ at Bournmouth, Cabair at Bournmouth and Oxford for you to choose from.

At the end of the day its a choice you have to make yourself, but bear in mind the things ive mentioned. Location was an important one for me if you attend the brush up courses.

helimutt
13th Sep 2007, 13:43
GTS have their own manuals. The guys there have years of experience and also supply great feedback questions. Quick to respond to any queries you have too during the course if doing distance learning. You can always use the online question bank from other schools to supplement the knowledge.

Horses for courses.