View Full Version : FROZEN ATP OF ANY HELP to CX

kunal123
18th Sep 2001, 10:00
Will a frozen ATP (FAA) be of any further help when I apply to CX as a S/O, since I have about 1200hrs total.
Is it worth the trip to the USA.
And yes I do know about the ban.

fast cruiser
18th Sep 2001, 17:10
I would just apply if I was you.
I contacted them about 6 months ago and got a phone call the other day to come for an interview. not sure about s/o positions though, I'd rather go F/o cathay cargo

Do you happen to know any info that might be useful. all the info in Wannabes appears to be a little dated now?

FL245
18th Sep 2001, 22:33
Hi folks

I also got a call from CX last week. Hmmmm..... you will meet the min requirements, although after looking at the package, I would agree with fast cruiser, I will wait a little longer and apply for F/O with CX cargo. Dont think I will attend S/O interviews. Big difference in salary.

FL245

[ 18 September 2001: Message edited by: FL245 ]

kunal123
20th Sep 2001, 09:30
THANKS A TON,
will keep everyone updated if anything new comes up.
Isnt F/O cargo min time 3000hrs, just wondering.

Young Pilot - YP
20th Sep 2001, 09:49
FL245 or other PPRUNER,
What's the difference in salary between an F/O and an S/O ?
And, do you know what's the minimum hours of flight to apply for an F/O position ?

Thanks, YP.

FL245
20th Sep 2001, 19:39
Young Pilot - YP , Salary for Junior F/O is around STG £15k more than S/O.

Yes the requirements are higher, depends on your current position at this time.

Also consider is this a good time to move anywhere ?

challenger6o4driver
21st Sep 2001, 00:49
FL245

I have an interview next month in Toronto for freighters. Do you know anyone who may be attending? When do you think they will have this dispute all worked out? I read on another thread that one would have to be desparate to take a job w/CX. I would say in the current situation that desparation is rearing its ugly head!! :eek:

Chris2
21st Sep 2001, 02:58
Hello,
Where does one apply for a flying position at CX, the main office in Hong Kong or at any of their worldwide offices ?
I am aware of the recruitment ban but with my frozen atp/1000 hours tt I would like to apply and see what transpires...
Can anybody point me to a place where I can get the complete, unbiassed, story of what the whole dispute at CX is about ?
Cheers, Chris2

Young Pilot - YP
21st Sep 2001, 07:30
FL245,

At the moment I'm not planning to go anywhere. I'm finishing my courses here in Brazil and I have good chances to fly for an airline next year after I graduate.
But I was curious to know the salary differences. Here in Brazil we don't have the S/O position.
Maybe, in the future, I might have the opportunity ($$$) to convert my license into an JAA ATPL and work in Europe, well, this is just a dream at the moment.

Thanks for your answer, YP.

challenger6o4driver
21st Sep 2001, 22:52
Dutchie

I sent my resume to Hong Kong....to attention of Tony Penny. I have an interview next month...also waiting to see what happens :( I forget what the mins. were but send it in anyway. If you want the info on the ban...go to the HKAOA siteHKAOA (http://bbs.hkalpa.org/public/default.htm) and you will get the scoop. Good luck.

FL245
22nd Sep 2001, 04:20
Challenger6O4driver

Unable to help with anyone attending interviews in your part of the world. sorry. The ban is a big thing, and given the current position of airlines around the world I personally do not think that this is the time for me to move. Good luck with your interview.

Young Pilot - YP
Second officer rank is not specific to a country, it is an airlines way of saying you lack experience on the type. Good luck with you course.

Fl245

Chris2
22nd Sep 2001, 13:29
Challenger604Driver
Thanks for your help.... Dutchie

Maxfli
26th Sep 2001, 02:46
I know that many people would aspire to fly a 747 for a prestigous airline, however I would like to point out there is still an IFALPA ban on accepting contracts / positions with Cathay.

Chunks
29th Sep 2001, 20:08
What can IFALPA do to a pilot applying for a position with CX?