PDA

View Full Version : Salary negotiations (...again)

dikkes
10th Sep 2007, 13:00
Hi all, our company wants to renegotiate salaries, meal allowances etc.
We have three grades,
IFSC (Inflight Service Coordinator) = Senior Purser/CSD
Senior Cabin Crew Member = Purser
Cabin Crew Member

We fly internal and overborder on all grades and are paid local currency for internal (domestic) routes and US$ for overborder/international routes.

Please could you help with salary structures and meal allowances for your particular Airline

I know this has been posted before but I need an updated list SASPO.

Any help greatfully appreciated, thanks. Derek.

VS-LHRCSA
10th Sep 2007, 13:46
I think most UK airlines offer a basic salary around £10500 and flight pay of around £2.50 per hour plus commission.

BA and Virgin offer basic plus meal allowances. Meal allowances are worked out according to the hotel menu in local currency. If it costs, say, $30 for dinner in New York then that is what you would be paid if you were there at dinner time.

The danger with this is that is it based on local currency. Therefore, US trips paid in US dollars don't work out to be very much. Sometimes being paid per hour can work out better, depending on the airline.

dikkes
10th Sep 2007, 18:41
Thanks for the info VS, appreciate any info, cheers.

luther55
15th Sep 2007, 13:22
Hey MR.Purser how did the negotiations go at saa?Did you guys get what ya'll wanted?I heard that some of the pursers or the cc that has been around took the package?Anyway hope things work out for you guys,id like to come there aswel hope it will be soon.
Happy flying