PDA

View Full Version : Flight Support Manchester

manspot
9th Sep 2007, 22:02
Rumour has it FS Man are to commence baggage handling and pushbacks from the 1st October. Can anyone confirm this?

I assume it will be for Euromanx and Globespan initially as Flyjet are sadly departing our shores and the ramp handling for Flybe would be suicide from day one.

If it is true it gives airlines an interesting extra choice at MAN, if FS can succeed on the ramp at MAN as they have done taking on the Flybe contract some of the other handling agents need to sit up and watch.

I have had numerous dealings with FS MAN over the past 6 months and to go from 4 flights a day in March to over 60 a day with just over 2.5 weeks notice is something to behold. I have found them to be thoroughly professional at all times as well as exceedingly accommodating to any request no matter how problematic it may be.

Keep up the good work guys and girls.:ok:

red17
13th Sep 2007, 14:06
Don't be suprised if this is true. Flight Support GCI opening on October 28th. Several more to follow in the new year.

EMX81L
13th Sep 2007, 23:21
Yup, Full ramp on EMX in Manchester is definate, GPU, Pushback & Bags. Not sure about the others. I know over time, they wish to take all of their airlines on. Just a matter of aquiring staff, equipment, and funds.

Good tight operation in Manch, keep it up peeps.

Also, gd luck for base no.5 GCI, UK domination commences :ok:

J-Man
14th Sep 2007, 08:19
All the best to FS! :D Get yourselves to donny as circusair need more competition than themselves! :ok:

TechProblem
16th Sep 2007, 03:51
I think the GSM contract is ringway's but if FS can offer the full service im sure airline's will look on FS with more interst.

As Ringway have alot of contract's FS aren't always the first on the list when it comes to push back or even baggage. Put a GSM up againest a PIA or EM then i think you know who the winner will be.

If FS can Provide handling for GSM then might have alot less delays out of manchester :rolleyes: . Hence why EMX are moving.:ooh:

manspot
24th Sep 2007, 01:06
Volare starting MXP MAN MXP service from end of October. Sunday - Friday I believe 1925L in, 2005L out operating T1 with Flight Support providing full handling. Looks like the venture onto the ramp is paying off already.

What else is in the pipeline?

manspot
26th Sep 2007, 15:14
You win one, you loose another. Looks like Globespan is pulling out of MAN at the end of October.

TechProblem
27th Sep 2007, 21:08
Started off as a good contract, but them leasing there 767's to Air India has ballsed everything up for them this year.

manspot
29th Sep 2007, 23:16
I agree. I think their on time performance has been even worse than winter06!! Will be sorry to see them leave Manchester but if they can go away re group and return stronger and more organised then it can only be a good thing.

I am sure Flight support have more lined up to replace them apart from Volare. Good luck guys for the ramp start up on Monday we will all be watching with interest.

TechProblem
17th Oct 2007, 14:40
Massive rumours flying around FS at the moment, regarding a rather large airline in t1.

I also see that FS have started there under wing contract with Euromanx, all seems to be running very well. :ok:

red17
27th Oct 2007, 16:32
Yes there are many rumours.. are we talking about a dutch airline...

Jerbourg
27th Oct 2007, 20:00
As GCI has no independant ground handlers since the Servisiar closed it's station a few years back. Does anyone know if/when FS are planning to open a station here?(As mentioned above) As GCI has only three year round passenger airlines serving it - Flybe,Aurigny & Blue Islands - which one of them would give up self handling to help launch Flight Supports new station?

jerboy
27th Oct 2007, 23:31
I reckon its fairly obvious BE would, they already have handling contracts with FS in MAN - and by all accounts they are pretty pleased. Running a ground handling operation is expensive, especially when the vast majority of the work is handling your own aircraft (with limited opportunity to handle other airlines).
GR, I'm not sure about. We all know that they've had a fairly rough few years and again could save some vital money outsourcing the handling. However I think something would be lost at Aurigny if handling work was outsourced at their hub... the only contact the pax would get with actual GR staff would be the pilot at the front of the trislander!
BCI I'm fairly sure wouldn't outsource handling - they pride themselves as the 'airline with a difference'... and seem to be making enough money to run a self handling operation (especially with their fleet expanding fairly rapidly).
But would FS even consider opening at GCI with the fairly small operation there? There's pretty much zero opportunity to expand their contracts: only 3 airlines there after all!

TechProblem
28th Oct 2007, 21:25
I heard that FS were going to setup in GCI, but nothing for awhile on that front.

Bases atm for FS are LPL, IOM, MAN, and CVT.

lastchoiceair
1st Nov 2007, 03:57
Dutch airline...it seems the rumours are true, congratulations to FS for winning the VLM contract............and as for the T1 rumour...hummm if FS get that contract you could say it would be the jewel in the fs "Crown"..........note the hint : )

It just goes to show all those people who doubted FS at the start....well here are two sets of bunnys to you all : )

TechProblem
1st Nov 2007, 16:42
If FS get that T1 contract i think it would be to much to soon. VLM has been on the cards for a long time, VLM are already handled by FS in the IOM, but they wanted full gorund handling which FS man can now provide.

Volare is running well apart from the lateness of the a/c from MXP, it could do with some more advertising here in Man. Pax figures are on the up though.

J-Man
1st Nov 2007, 19:46
Congrats to all in FS at manch! :}

1station
2nd Nov 2007, 01:38
If FS MAN were to get the rumoured contract I don't believe it would be too much too soon. A lot of people said Flybe was a massive step that they would not be able to climb. Now 6 months or so down the line they have secured 2 more contracts (VE & VLM) and the rumour of a third. They are doing something right to make these airlines sit up and take notice. :ok:

TechProblem
4th Nov 2007, 09:06
VLM contract should start in FEB, which gives FS some time, not 2 weeks ;)

So that transistion should run alot smoother.

Been told by my sources at FS that there new Airside office at stand 2 is almost ready, and they should be in there by the 20th of this month.
Pax services are going behind T3 check in.

EMX81L
4th Nov 2007, 11:42
Well done to FS for securing the VLM contract.

From what i have heard also, FS Manchester is going to be a busy station next yr. More airlines being added the current list already on the books.

Watch this space :cool:

FS01
19th Nov 2007, 19:39
It would seem so. would seem like 08 will be a very big year indeed

Evesdropper
22nd Nov 2007, 16:19
Regarding FS Contract, The VLM is not the Biggie, Its them taking over the Monarch Contract from the 1st April 08. :( Poor Swissport :(

Also they are going to take over RHSL sometime after RHSL re-structure, God Bless them :D

Good news for Servisair as they are picking up the Thomascook/Mytravel contract, Hope they can get the equipment and men to do it properly, and enough checkin staff to cover 24hr checkin........ :ok:

mansp
22nd Nov 2007, 17:08
evesdropper....

all sounds very interesting, but also just sounds like another airport rumour though, where you get the info from?

ringwaysgoneforever
22nd Nov 2007, 17:25
Nice rumours evesdropper, pity they are just that!!

Flight Support couldn't cope with Monarch, 7 Ramp staff 4 of which are polish Agency who have never seen an A/C before, 1 hallam tug only capable of pushing upto a 734, 2 EBT's 2 Belts and 4 dollies Mmm

The TCX & MYT contract isn't announced until 30th Nov.

Evesdropper
22nd Nov 2007, 17:36
Why not go and check Menzies Freight Yard, Sure looks like a Hi-Lo and stuff from where im looking right now.....

jimbols6
22nd Nov 2007, 18:09
TCX/MYT contract is this at MAN or LGW plus what is your source?

TechProblem
22nd Nov 2007, 21:11
Although id heard of the Monarch Contract, i dont think its been finalized yet, or even given to anyone. All I know is that it was up for grabs and FS did put in for it, along with everyone else.

As for takin over ringway, why would they setup there own handling first?

If RHSL goes bust then they might take staff and equiment but that would be all.

Usually you get about 6 months to setup a massive contract like monarch, (although they didnt with BE)
Now is just boreder line 6 months. :=

FS01
23rd Nov 2007, 18:01
TechProblem why are you so certain of all these rumours?? you seem to have a good source. Although some of these seem like red17 rumours to me!

Evesdropper
23rd Nov 2007, 18:51
They set up a basic Handling Agent, Purchase RHSL off MAPlc who want to get rid of RHSL, (They have been touting it around for months), RHSL downsize, Which they are in the process of doing. FS then have equipment and men as well as contracts, and from Just doing the 3W they have a few contracts. Makes sence to me.

TechProblem
23rd Nov 2007, 21:01
FS01 I know alot of ppl within Flight Support, and so just realying info ive been told.

"certain of all these rumours"

How can i be certain of rurmours? :ugh:

All i said was that FS have gone for the contract along with swissport and aviance and so on..... But just seems to me a bit of a sort timespan put forward by eves.

As for RHSL that's purley my own view. :rolleyes: RHSL have to many big contracts just to 'hand over' to another company. Without major agreements from the airlines and FS over taking there gorund handling i really cant see it....

FS01
24th Nov 2007, 14:08
Never be suprised where Flight Support are concerned!! Could you of seen them with the FlyBe contract this time last year? Ok that is a fair point, in this business you can never be certain!

J-Man
28th Nov 2007, 19:15
FS were and are rapidly expanding. I was one of the lucky few to help start up the BE contract and after that very quick notice period, i believe FS could take pretty much anything passenger services wise.
If they did get the monarch contract, it sure is a biggie and i believe they could do it with the cracking team they have. (Especially BE team! Whoo! :D) Yes the ramp maybe lacking a little..but dont forget its still early days for FS doing handling! Its probably a way of testing the water a little instead of piling in all guns blazing. Sensible option imo.
I really do hope they get the ZB contract as it opens up a new challenge for them all. Good luck!

randyandy1000
8th Dec 2007, 18:36
there seems to be a lot of rumours that FS have the contract, and that all they are RUMOURS! monarch would be an irresponsible airline to leave a tried and trusted handling agent like swissport, dont forget swissport handle some of the most prestigious airlines at man, (EK and EY).

why should they leave swissport to a handling agency basically full of people who were either dismissed from swissport or polish agency who cant speak english

the swissport ramp is recognised as the best at MAN

and also the monarch management recognise that swissport get 99.9% of flights away on time.

FS have put in an offer like everyone else has, good luck to everone!

1station
8th Dec 2007, 20:33
Lets just wait for the announcement which I believe is the middle of next week. Good luck to whoever is successful its a big contract.:ok:

TechProblem
9th Dec 2007, 10:37
Volare to stop its MXP route as of the 8th of Jan.
Due to low loads, and in my view rubbish timings. A320 just to big for that route at this time of year.

FS ramp are not going to be very busy until feb, jan is going to be very boring for them :rolleyes:

EMX81L
9th Dec 2007, 13:33
Quite right Tech Problem.

At least the ramp side of the operation is starting off slow, compared to dispatch in march (flybe contract) which I was involved in for 3 weeks. Over time the ramp operation will increase to who they currently handle which will be gd :ok:

Northern Hero
9th Dec 2007, 16:19
randyandy,

I'd take those Swissport tinted sunglasses off and look at reality, if i were you...........

''the swissport ramp is recognised as the best at MAN''......:}:}:} According to whom ?

Rumour on spotty M street is they're going back to Aviance.

Heavyman
9th Dec 2007, 18:40
Such an uncertain world eh? Who would have thought that TCX/MyT would decide to go with Menzies? :ugh: Seems it's the cheapest in the end, service counts for nought. I don't think anyone can guess where these contracts are going "to land" I would personally be happier if it was at least a "level playing field" and EVERYONE employed "Airside" had to provide CRC certificates. The Polish apparently do not. :D

perky percy
9th Dec 2007, 19:58
Randy Andy, I cant help but feel that you for some reason dont like Flight Support, maybe they wouldnt give you a job because they have that many quality applicants who have obviously all been dissmissed from Swissport or dont speak English!!
Lets face facts, they seem to have a highly qualified team who have mostly all worked for other handling agents and have left for better pastures, yes some of them ex Swissport (I wonder why they left)!
As for the Polish agency staff you talk about, they are not even Polish, and they all speak good English! All they are trying to do is make a living so give them a chance!
I think to go from approx 4 flights a day to 60 in two weeks is amazing and that only goes to show what a great team they have.
So lets hope 2008 is an even better year and they show the other handling agents at Man what its all about!

EMX81L
9th Dec 2007, 21:45
Here Here Perky Percy :D

sputnik92
10th Dec 2007, 10:17
randyandy is that you MMMMMandy

randyandy1000
11th Dec 2007, 19:25
who's mandy?:mad:

randyandy1000
17th Dec 2007, 17:46
well the truth is out now, monarch are happy to remain with swissport for next 3yrs. well done swissport!

TechProblem
18th Dec 2007, 20:18
Why well done swissport on a flight support thread?

Anyway good news that swissport held on i guess, as ive said b4, it would have been to much to soon.

1station
29th Jan 2008, 22:47
Nice to see Ramp equipment appearing on the ramp for Flight Support, no doubt in readiness for the impending VLM contract on Friday. Is this the start of another monumental year for FS at Manchester? :confused:

1station
31st Jan 2008, 22:37
Good luck to all at FS for the VLM contract. May the weather be kind.

TechProblem
1st Feb 2008, 19:11
Hopefully all went well today with the start of the new VLm contract, Flybe will be watching closely i guess :)

1station
1st Feb 2008, 22:24
From what I saw all went well with only ATC delays hampering the schedule although not as bad as previous days.

1station
19th Feb 2008, 16:05
Rumours around the ramp this afternoon are suggesting Flight Support have won the Flybe contract for the ramp following the end of the RHSL era. Can anyone confirm start dates if indeed the rumours are to be believed?

manspot
19th Feb 2008, 22:54
I can confirm Flight Support have got the ramp contract for Flybe. Not bad for a company who 12 months ago had 4 3W's a day plus the odd Globespan over wing only, now the biggest handling agent at Manchester in terms of movements.

Credit goes to the Manchester staff for making it happen. I bet there is a very well known General Manager with a smile on his face today.

Now all that remains is for Flight Support to prove to everyone that Flybe, VLM, Euromanx and Globespan have made the right choice in handling at Manchester. How many more contracts are on the way, Servisair watch out!!!

DeltaIndiaSierraPapa
20th Feb 2008, 10:16
Great news for those at FS. They set up a despatch and pax service operation in practically no time and provide a fantastic service. If that is anything to go by then the ramp operation should be top notch! This could go a long way in securing other contracts at MAN!

1station
20th Feb 2008, 22:52
Flight Support have gained full handling at Manchester following RHSL's declaration to shut up shop. Takeover day is 30th March giving just 6 weeks notice.

FS Man took on the overwing with less than 3 weeks notice and triumphed, ramp is a different kettle of fish but I am sure the same will repeat itself.

I think in terms of movements FS will probably now be the biggest complete handling agent in MAN. Not a bad rise from near zero in 12 months!!! Watch your backs Servisair!!!:}