PDA

View Full Version : Aero Cadet Pilot Dies In Helicopter Crash

dynamicd
9th Sep 2007, 19:11
Just got the sad news that a Nigerian Aero sponsored trainee pilot died in a helicopter crash.The deceased was a student of 43 air school Port Alfred RSA.May his soul rest in Perfect peace and thoughts to his family friend,s and to all students and staff of 43 and to the SA training industry in general.

Could anybody with more information about the circumstances,such as whether it was a solo flight or with an instructor, the location etc shed more light on this accident.

Romeo E.T.
9th Sep 2007, 19:16
with instructor on board.

Two die in chopper crash
09/09/2007 18:57 - (SA)

Johannesburg - Two people have been killed in a helicopter crash at Winterstrand, near East London.

The SABC reports that a pilot as well as a trainee pilot died when the chopper, which belongs to a Port Alfred-based flying school, went down.

The men have not been named yet, but it is known that the trainee was from Nigeria.

Eastern Cape police spokesperson Mtati Tana said the chopper had crashed on a farm at about 13:00.

It was not known what had caused the crash.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2180219,00.html

ZAZOO
10th Sep 2007, 01:48
Sad news this is. :sad: So tragic.

My sincere condolences to the families of the two pilots.

heliroger
10th Sep 2007, 11:19
:sad:
It's very sad indeed to loose a fellow trainee pilot.May God Almighty grant their souls eternal peace. Amen
We'll continue to await the result(s) of the investigation.

free2tess
11th Sep 2007, 16:35
My sincere condolence to the family and friends of the two pilots. May their souls rest in perfect peace. We can only wonder what went thru their minds seconds to their crash.

tt801
11th Sep 2007, 17:46
More information available at:

http://www.dispatch.co.za/2007/09/11/Easterncape/bcrash.html

Very very sad news.

BALEWA
12th Sep 2007, 13:01
My heartfelt sympathy and condolence to the family of the two pilots. This is indeed a sad and tragic event.

Be careful out there all trainee pilots.

B

flightlevel_510
12th Sep 2007, 23:33
very very sad...... may his soul rest in peace... was a good friend of mine

Flying Touareg
13th Sep 2007, 14:57
This very saddening. My condolence to the families and colleagues at aero.

SuperVanRider
14th Sep 2007, 19:17
Sad to hear about this....
Mr O. Rest in peace buddy.:(

alpha-b
15th Sep 2007, 22:04
Hi flyers!
Very sad news to hear.I knew the instructor very well as we did PPL fixed-wing 3 years ago at FTC.I met him less than a month ago at FAGC while he was in Jo'burg i couldn't imagine it would be the last time i see him and speak with him,and the trainee i heard so much about him but we never met as we share common friends may their souls rest in peace,to all let's stay strong we embraced aviation we know the dangers involved

tsholop
18th Sep 2007, 11:37
Thanx to all those who have Oscars soul in mind. He was like an elder brother to me. It's good to know he had as positive an affect in his work as he did my life. I will be attending his funeral in Botswana this Sunday 23rd September. Please take a moment then to remeber his beautiful soul. If anyone has anymore details about the 9th September crash feel free to email me.
Good Bless Oscar's soul.
My condolences to his nigerian collegue family.

mkenya
18th Sep 2007, 17:03
the student had a fixed wing commercial pilot's license which he acquired at the P.E based airline pilot training centre mid last year.
Am also told he had an engine failure in an R22 a few months back, but landed the chopper safely- auto rotation.
was on course to clearing his training soon.
God rest his soul in peace

pankypilot
23rd Sep 2007, 16:24
well guys thanks for the support, i knew the traineee pilot very well, he was my room mate in port elizabeth when we where doin our cpl training tghter, he was like a brother to me and a great guy i am goin to miss him very much.....may he rest in peace....love you olu so much my man........

Captain_djaffar
23rd Sep 2007, 22:35
..................................:(

Sgt.Peppeh
19th Oct 2007, 00:17
It could have happened to any of us.

May their brave souls rest in peace,and for us still alive,have the courage to carry on. The show must go on. :ok: