PDA

View Full Version : Flight Safety Orlando/San Antonio

Crosswind Limits
9th Sep 2007, 11:29
Hi

Will shortly be going over to Orlando or San Antonio to do an XL/XLS rating.

Any feedback or information on either of these places?

Looking forward to going somewhere other than Wichita for a change! :p

Thanks! :ok:

Flintstone
9th Sep 2007, 15:11
San Antonio's ok if not quite the epicentre of culture.

As always FS is based out at the airport but there are malls and restaurants nearby. Downtown is a 30 minute drive, Riverwalk is a stretch of canal flanked by bars and places to eat. More exciting than Wichita but then that's not saying much I know.

Staff at FS were ok but it's been about three years since I was there.

G-SPOTs Lost
10th Sep 2007, 20:22
xwind limits - hello again!

Can reccomend KSAT, good solid course without all the bull of Wichita, I stayed at the Drury Inn and suites and can recommend it. Large comfy room with seperate sleeping/living area, free evening meal and breakfast and upto four free alcoholic beverages per night!! Matt McDaniel will make the bookings for you - he's a good lad

Its cheap and comfy....

You'll enjoy the XL course. the XLS differences for JAA are given in a three hour differences course and you leave with a combined XL/XLS pilot traiing manual and 2 different sets of chklists.

You'll appreciate not having to do pax briefs knelt down next to the door! I think I mentioned it wouldn't be long before the Bravo felt like it didn't have enough power! :E

Without sounding like a broken record - stick it on your FAA and I'll be able to get some freelance for you on my old steed.

All the best mate