PDA

View Full Version : Aptitude testing ?

Jasdent
9th Sep 2007, 10:17
Alright guys,

Got an aptitude test coming up on Physics and Maths. Never sat an aptitude test before so got a couple of questions:

1. Do you require any previous knowledge i.e formulae etc. or if they want you to use formulae will they give it in the question ?

2. What differences are there between the test on physics over the one on maths ?

3. has anyone got any good websites where I can practice the sort of aptitude test I'll be sitting ?

4. Is there any websites you can practice your hand to eye co-ordination ?

cheers for any help.

PPRuNeUser0165
9th Sep 2007, 11:13
hi there,
It maily depends on where you do your test. I did mine at oxford, if you are doing it there, there are many threads about that explain what is the usual norm to find! If you look on their website aswell under forums there is a link to some website with hand eye games! I cant remember which category it was under bt it is there sum where!
Personaly i wasted alot of time revising the harder stuff of GCSE maths, e.g, trig etc, you do need basic algebra but the advise i would give would be to learn long multiplication and division and learn doing them quickly as there is a time limit!
The physics is exactly gcse physics with some machanics involved bt if you have a bit of common sence they shudnt challenge you! O and it is multiple choice!
Good Luck anyway:ok:

Wee Weasley Welshman
10th Sep 2007, 09:10
Please use the search function,

Baboon Boy
10th Sep 2007, 11:04
If u aint got the aptitude to do a search,,, lord help us!

Id get me a gcse revision guide on maths and physics and read em, practice doing sums in my head, practice long division/ long multiplication on paper, make sure ur know what ur doing interpolationg tables of data.

Re practicing hand-eye coordination, a few playstation games should help you out, try a tennis game and a car racing game I reckon.

mightymouse111
10th Sep 2007, 12:44
Plenty of books on the subject in book shops. Plenty of on-line companies letting you do free on-line tests.

Jasdent
10th Sep 2007, 13:18
If it's just GCSE stuff then shouldn't be a problem.

I did use the search function but total pain as brings up a lot of useless topic's about individual companies testing or mention's the testing but doesn't give examples or links. Maybe I'm just useless with the search function but I wouldn't ask if I hadn't used !

Cheers though, kind of assumed that anyway.

petethebeat
10th Sep 2007, 13:27
Jasdent,

You can practice hand-eye co-ordination here:

http://www.wiiplayable.com/playgame.php?gameid=208

Have fun!