PDA

View Full Version : Cathay New Flight Crew Relations Manager

Mr. Bloggs
9th Sep 2007, 10:08
Why would CX be looking for a new Flight Crew Relations Manager?

http://www.flightglobal.com/Jobs/job/flight-crew-relations-manager-hong-kong-10043527.htm

CMOTDibler
9th Sep 2007, 10:47
"Applicant should have fantastic interpersonal skills and a marketing background. Aside from the ability to take on tough negotiations and repackage products without fundamentally changing their purpose, you will also be able to relate to any personality type. The ability to effectively translate mangements message to the employees in a sympathetic manner is critical to the role.
We basically need someone to lie with a straight face, no morals, have skin thicker than elephant hide and be able to sell something truly crap to an un-convinced customer. So if you are a Used Car Salesman with at least 5 years experience and only minor criminal convictions give us a call. Experience selling Lada's considered an advantage."

HotDog
9th Sep 2007, 13:31
Believe it or not, but the following model was moulded by Cathay in the "goodold days".
Geoffrey Thomas | August 17, 2007
THE New Zealand born-again award-winning airline is rewriting the airline staff management relations book with executives rolling up sleeves and working side by side with staff getting a dose of the "right stuff".
Every month, chief executive Rob Fyfe - and the rest of the airline's executives - don flight attendant uniforms and serve coffee or a fine New Zealand sauvignon blanc or might spend a day on the check-in counters or loading baggage.
And while they are doing that, they are reinforcing Charles Darwin's great quote that "it's not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent but the ones most responsive to change", for they are completely changing the way management deals with airline staff.
Air New Zealand has travelled an extraordinary journey since the bleak days of 2001 and it has all been built on interaction with staff, initially under former chief executive and current Commonwealth Bank chief executive Ralph Norris and now under Fyfe.
The result? Air NZ is now the most admired brand in New Zealand. According to recent survey by Britain-based TNS Global Research, the percentage of customers who would recommend the airline has grown from a paltry 44 per cent across the international network in 2004 to 90 per cent for the first time ever in November last year. "Our people are our brand" is the way Fyfe describes it. Every month or so, Fyfe hosts a staff barbecue for charity on the veranda outside the open-plan executive offices.
When Norris took the reins in early 2002, Air NZ had just written off $NZ1.45 billion - the largest write-off in New Zealand corporate history - after the collapse of its Ansett subsidiary.
A TRULY REMARKABLE STORY

Rabesh Binny
10th Sep 2007, 00:30
$1.45b write-off but Gary Toomey still walked away with a $4m bonus leaving the ANZ staff to pick up the pieces(again)

ULRequalsSLEEP
10th Sep 2007, 01:42
I heard a good one the other day. A Trainer was explaining some CX politics to a new joiner. He said you can always tell when NR is lieing - the trainee said how? The Trainer replied that if his(NR's) lips are moving or it is written down then he is lieing;-) Gotta love that attitude!

ALPHA FLOOR
10th Sep 2007, 02:27
They need a new FCRM because the Bastards "asked" the only man in Management with any sense of loyalty to the Pilot body to "Retire, we are no longer offering you an extension on your contract"....

Rest well Paddy, thanks for all you did for me!

AFL

Rabesh Binny
10th Sep 2007, 10:18
I was in deep personal doodoo a few months back & Paddy bailed me out big time.
Will be missed.

HotDog
10th Sep 2007, 12:40
I don't suppose you are talking about Paddy Anderson by any chance?:E

CruisingSpeed
10th Sep 2007, 14:45
Ok, fair play, therefore edited...

Lets just say that ALPHA FLOOR's glowing testimonial provoked a rather unsolicitous response... :uhoh:

ALPHA FLOOR
11th Sep 2007, 10:01
Cruisin speed......

Thanks for your usual unbiased and balanced point of view! A well thought out post - again. If you have nothing nice to say........

In my eyes Paddy was very reliable and helped me out when my FCRM was unwilling too.

AFL

Max Reheat
11th Sep 2007, 10:10
Cruising Speed,
You are a disgrace to our community!

Paddy... you are a true gentleman and will be sorely missed.

Thank You

Max....

BusyB
11th Sep 2007, 11:15
Paddy is a very nice guy.
However, he is not always there to do the job he's employed to do as I have found out to my cost. CX are always sending these guys away on hols attempting to recruit more pilots and leave no-one in the office. Coverage from other offices is ineffectual to the point of being non-existant.:ugh:

Busbert
11th Sep 2007, 14:15
Cruisin Speed.
Tosspot :rolleyes:
Slandering by name one of the few remaining true gentlemen in Hello Kitty City from behind your veil of anonymity.
:mad:

CruisingSpeed
11th Sep 2007, 15:37
Give me a break guys, this is not about individuals and of course I wish said person a long and happy retirement.

However, an industrial climate that for far too long has been governed by intimidation and mistrust will just continue to produce robotic and frustrated employees that are not innovative and motivated. In my view the company is in dire need of a shift in direction and the FCRM position is but one interface for this change.

Max Reheat and AF, a little less mutual shoulder padding and a more proactive approach towards your future would be on order.

A. Le Rhone
12th Sep 2007, 02:26
....give you a break - why?

They both happen to have something nice to say about somebody. It isn't your opinion so you think they need to review their thinking? Strange logic.

dustyprops
12th Sep 2007, 11:23
Cannot believe they are ousting one of the only human beings on 3rd floor. Just when you think they couldn't get any lower, they surprise again!!!

CruisingSpeed, you are lower than them. Piss poor effort at an excuse. What a :mad:!!!!

Best of luck Paddy, you're a true Gent.

CruisingSpeed
8th Oct 2008, 23:06
To some posters on this thread, care to look at that Star Chamber list posted by the union.

I just did, am I surprised?
Nuff said... :yuk: :ugh:

Yeager
9th Oct 2008, 02:49
The former B744 was one - if not the only - management guy Ive ever met in Cathay that was honorable. A true gentleman. So obviously he was not to be extended.
On the other hand take a look at his, at that time "equal" Airbus manager, TP. Talk about "no balls" and uselessness.

You will be missed, Paddy.

Mr. Bloggs
9th Oct 2008, 03:42
Crap Yeager, you really missed the boat.:ugh: He was not a nice guy.:{ I’ve dealt with him and he was part of the Star Chamber.:yuk: He tried to screw me dearly. What a pr1ck.:eek:

But then again, he’s still a pr1ck.:ok:

Buttie Box
9th Oct 2008, 06:07
My dealings with Paddy were always what I'd expect from a FCRM: professional, courteous and sympathetic. When I read the list of Star Chamber members I was genuinely surprised that he appeared there, although I rather suspect that, as with DH and SK, their involvement was more of an administrative one as they worked in the personnel side of things.

What has made me think long and hard about my present predicament is this so-called list of around 200 management-intended firings of which the 49ers were a sub-set. Rather like the present witch-hunt about to take place in the banking world (how can you award yourself a bonus as a percentage of nothing?), I do hope that those responsible are held to account for what was akin to a death in the family.

BB

Captain Dart
9th Oct 2008, 19:28
And let us not forget Greg England.

Yeager
9th Oct 2008, 19:54
Mr. Bloggs,

I stand corrected. I was not here back then. Thank god. So I solely judge from my 3Y on the 400.

Y.

Max Reheat
10th Oct 2008, 02:37
Stand your ground Yeager.

PC was a gentleman of the very highest order and anyone who deemed himself screwed by the said gentleman obviously deserved it!

Coincidentally, you are indeed fortunate not to have been here to witness the atrocities of 2001, from either side in the fight!

controlledCHAOS
10th Oct 2008, 02:40
I thought Paddy was a gentleman. Certainly helped me when I needed it.

Liam Gallagher
10th Oct 2008, 03:20
"What has made me think long and hard about my present predicament... "

"present predicament".... do tell old boy..... didn't have all your money in an Icelandic Bank did you?

CC and other are saying "I thought Paddy was a gentleman." I tend to agree with this statement; however we all know right from wrong and what they, the Star Chamber, did was so very wrong. I find it hard to believe that not one stood up and excused himself from the proceedings. I have to remind myself to look at all them somewhat differently... the new improved GMA included... The excuses they give are akin to some chaps back in 1945; so Richard maybe we have moved on, because we had to, but it sure will never be forgotten.

BusyB
10th Oct 2008, 05:04
Max Reheat,

"anyone who deemed himself screwed by the said gentleman obviously deserved it!"

You know not of what you speak.

Yes, he was a nice guy but not always competent to do his job.:rolleyes: