PDA

View Full Version : EU 744 jobs

74world
9th Sep 2007, 08:45
Any idea who the "new airline" is in Southern EU currently looking for 744 drivers is?
The broker is Betts recruitment....but they can't disclose who their customer is. :confused:

74world
9th Sep 2007, 10:05
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply....do you know where they will be flying and how many aircrafts?
About their business name?
Cheers

GreekPilot747
11th Sep 2007, 09:23
The outfit is called Elite Airlines.
They claim they want to start with flights to L.A. later also to Toronto.
From a greek forum, I read they have been interviewing cabin crew, that was promised to start training in September. This has not started yet, and the company says, they are experiencing some delay, due to the greek parliamentary elections.
My own assumption is, they are trying to profit from the weaknesses of Olympic, and any market opportunities arising from drastic measures taken at Olympic after the elections.

Their address is: ELITE AIRLINES S.A
Anapafseos 29
Koropi
Tel.:+30 210 6026065

alexb757
22nd Sep 2007, 19:59
Hello, G.P.747 - καλό βράδυ!

Do you know if they are well-funded with a good management team?
Most start-ups take years to get to this stage and delays are VERY common for whatever reason(s).

You mention cabin crew not yet trained and it's almost October. Do they have any aircraft in Greece yet? In your opinion, is this going to work even if delayed or just "pie-in-the-sky"?

Also, what about Hellenic? Did they start-up and how are they doing if they did?

Thanks in advance.

V.B.

GreekPilot747
24th Sep 2007, 20:22
Hi Alexb757,
Sorry to say, I do not know anything more about it.
As I am not interested myself, I am not trying to shed light on their background.
There is a greek site www.airliners.gr where greek airline enthusiasts have a forum. Watch the spotters' posts there, to get a picture about an airline's flying activity. Should any airplanes show up in Greece, they will post it first, probably with pictures.
Some airline employees of all qualifications are also posting, so you might get info there.
Hellenic Imperial has received an AOC months ago.
They are flying, although I do not know to what extent, and what the nature of their flights is.
I wish all the greek start-up airlines well! I for myself have left the greek aviation scene and am not looking back.
Take care!