PDA

View Full Version : NTA time to command (experienced crew, that is...)

Empty Cruise
9th Sep 2007, 07:56
OK, just to ward off the trolls & flamers:

Search function has been used - and has fulfilled its purpose ;)
This thread is about the current state of affairs @ NTA
This thread is NOT :ugh: about The New Contract/Is NTA the Dark Lords Evil Minions?/NTA is not a good company to work for/The grass is greener elswhere/LIS vs. Predator, who would win?

Have an interview coming up & could do with some hard facts before encountering the NTA propaganda&sales-machine - and deciding wether leaving my present job is even worth it (financially speaking).

If joining with approx. 7000 hrs, 5000 hrs. multi-pilot command and 2000 hrs 737NG-command (and a lot of charter/VIP-ops...) - and supposing one manages to make favourable impression during LT - what would be a realistic wait for a small/medium-cabin command?

Is 6 months realistic - or does internal supply make up a sufficient percentage to make 12 months a more realistic figure?

Do people still progress from succesful LT directly to a command course, or are those days gone?

And finally, if one makes it to command, how many years have people typically been in NTA before offers of LT, TRI & TRE materialise?

Recent high-time-joiners are welcome to put their answers on a postcard :E - the trolls will pls remain in their caves := - for now, at least.

Brgds,
Empty

south coast
9th Sep 2007, 08:23
I would think that if you picked up the 'NJ ethos' quickly then 3-6 months is realistic for command.

With your hours, I would also hazard a guess that if you showed an interest in being a LT, and the fleet you were on needed them, I would think 12 months would be enough time to see the operation and pass on what you see to new hires.

Smeagel
9th Sep 2007, 10:29
What south coast said.
Your experience weighed up against their needs would put you in a very strong position for quick upgrade.
I wouldn't count on the line training position for a while and certainly not TRI/TRE. That carrot has been dangled for a long time (years) in front of many people and never actually materialised.
The new contract/tax issue would not affect you if you were UK based.
http://www.passatworld.com/smilies/smiley_troll.gif I'll be off, there's a bridge needs sitting under.

Empty Cruise
9th Sep 2007, 10:50
Well, certain trolls are always welcome... :} Thnx for the replies, folks!

Empty