PDA

View Full Version : just starting out; best route to a CPL?

nicky08
8th Sep 2007, 19:55
not sure at all if I've picked the right forum for this, but thought I'd give this a shot anyway :)

I'm 17 and I'm only about 5 hours into my PPL (with the final ambition to become a commercial pilot), which I started when I got a part-time job and could fund regular lessons. I'm taking A-levels, and I WAS planning to go to university and study a physics degree. However, after grilling myself about how exactly I was going to become a commercial pilot, I'm not so sure.

I know there used to be pilot training colleges, but they're not really around anymore. I'm worrying about where the funds are going to come from; i know there are sponsored programmes for training, but these are very competitive.

I'll admit I don't actually know a great deal about the different courses and routes to get my CPL, but I wondered if anybody had any ideas about the best way to go about getting there, with minimal cost - saving up isn't really an option as the money's going on lessons for my PPL.
Should I carry on with my PPL at all??

Any advice appreciated :)

azumio
9th Sep 2007, 08:48
Of course you should proceed if that's what you want to do.

I'm just finishing up my ATPL theory and am now totally out of money to further my education toward my goal (left seat).

I'd say to save money, find a compact program that offer licences, time saved:
PPL, ATPL, IR/ME CPL aso

You will most likely get leads, clues and tips from people in the biz as well when you are getting you PPL.