View Full Version : Offshore Banking Question?

Sir Lunchalott
19th Jul 2001, 15:03
To all those contract and other people out there I'm after some opinions on experiences with various financial institutions using offshore accounts.
I basically want a standard account in a tax friendly location with a standard debit card/s attached. Have some info about Loyds but hear things can be slow and costly. Any experiences to the contrary out there I'd like to hear. Also if anyone can suggest any other banks/institutions they have been happy with please fire away. Starting a contract shortly and shopping for the best option. :D :D :D :D
[email protected]

[ 19 July 2001: Message edited by: Sir Lunchalott ]

flufdriver
21st Jul 2001, 05:54
I'm not sure if you know, but we do not have any direct taxes here in the Cayman's. Perhaps you should check it out, it may work for you, most of the low tax jurisdictions are getting pretty picky whos'e money they will take, however if you can show the source and it is clean, I believe you would find what you are looking for here. I would however advise to deal with worldclass banks only!

Happy shopping!

VICCYTEN
23rd Jul 2001, 11:14
I,ve used the Woolwich at Guernsey for the last few years (now merged with Barclays) and had no problems. They provide all the services you ask for.

spud
23rd Jul 2001, 15:17
I've used Lloyds (IOM) in the past, very good service but 50 quid a year 'membership fee' and as of last year when I changed to HSBC, no online banking. Now with HSBC, Isle of Man. Very good internet banking, poor phone service, no fees. Overall I'd recommend them for the online banking alone.

willbav8r
26th Jul 2001, 21:42
I also use the Woolwich in Guernsey. So far no probs, although the pin numbers for my VISA cards never worked (in ATM's).

Silky
31st Jul 2001, 19:14
The one to look up is FSHARP, they are a total on line bank and offer all the offshore benefits. Might take a little while to get in but worth the wait. :D :D :D

captaink
1st Aug 2001, 00:55
Instead of being

Engineer
1st Aug 2001, 01:06
If you are a UK resident would suggest that you have an insight into your liabilities Look at the following site

Tax (http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/leaflets/c9.htm)

IR20 of the international series Good reading and hope this help

[ 31 July 2001: Message edited by: Engineer ]