PDA

View Full Version : ICAO ATPL H to JAA ATPL H

Choppers Rule
8th Sep 2007, 16:28
This might have been discussed before but I could not find any conclusive answers. I have a ICAO ATPL H with 2600hrs of which 1000hrs are on Multi-Pilot helicopters.

I want to attain my JAA ATPL H. What I could gather from the FCL2 is that you do not need to attend formal lectures to do the exams, you can self study and then sit the exams. Is that correct?

tottigol
8th Sep 2007, 17:57
That may be correct in theory, but who's going to endorse you?
PM me for more.

170'
8th Sep 2007, 19:00
Things change. But I don't think you need an endorsement. I could have done it without , but went thru a school because I'd been out of flight school for a long time and needed the instruction and courseware. (CPL)

When I originally contacted Gatwick, they were clear on the issue. They said " just leave the space for the endorsement blank " (I guess they check your file)...

Paco will have all the details I imagine.

Good luck with it!... It'll be a challenge without a course!

Choppers Rule
9th Sep 2007, 07:44
Thank you for the info. I looked at the LASORS but it seems more applicable to fixed wing. I was refering to JAR-FCL2 2.016.

Can you recommend any spesific training organization?

Whirlygig
9th Sep 2007, 08:10
If you're thinking of UK JAA conversion, then Bristol Ground School seems to be highly thought of.

Cheers

Whirls

paco
9th Sep 2007, 08:36
You don't need an endorsement - just tick the exemptions box on the application form. You would be unwise not to do any exam prep, though.

As for training organisation - PM me - I might have something that might help! ;)

Phil