PDA

View Full Version : computer based logbooks

ajamesf
8th Sep 2007, 15:18
Any advice from member ref pro logbooks? Are they really suitable for pro applications ie airline work? CAA compliant? Any recomendations from members ? Anyone any experience of the Skylog pro program? Any comments welcomed !

Tail-take-off
8th Sep 2007, 19:15
The CAA will not accept digital logbooks but looseleaf are OK so as long as you print it off there is no problem.

A colleague at bmi has written his own program which works well and will also keep an eye on flight time limitations for you as well. It is tailored to our scheduling agreement but you can select the CAP371 (CAA) limits instead.

Perhaps if anyone wants to investigate your software, they can contact you directly ?

ajamesf
9th Sep 2007, 00:02
Thanks for your reply, as long as they will accept a printed copy as a 'hard copy' as such , then this will work fine for me, cheers !

low n' slow
9th Sep 2007, 09:31
Try XXX as well!
I use it and it's got som really nifty features. It will summarise anything you aski it to and you even get a map with where you've been (ok, not perhaps the most useful, but it's nice :} )
I believe there's a trial version so that you can check it out.

/LnS

Perhaps if anyone wants to investigate your software, they can contact you directly ?

Manual Reversion
9th Sep 2007, 10:32
I've used Skylog Pro for thirteen years or more, loco/long haul and pvt flying. found it to to be very good and versatile i.e tracking monthly duty hrs loco, not necessary long haul etc. UK CAA happy to accept logbook pages printed off

Denti
9th Sep 2007, 11:19
Funny enough at the moment i use two different software logbooks, one is called "Safelog" and has a pretty complete feature-list.

The other is just because it can directly read my AIMS roster and put it into outlook as well as synch it with my PDA so i only have to adjust the times to have a correct logged flight. Its called Crewlog.

Dixons Cider
9th Sep 2007, 16:48
Been using XXXXX for the last 3 years, really happy with it.

print outs are CAA complaint too

john_tullamarine
9th Sep 2007, 19:23
Folk,

As this site is sponsored to a large extent by paid advertising, the totem pole folk don't wish to see commercial freebies dotted around.

Unless I get advised otherwise ... it is OK to make a simple reference to Product X but anything beyond that is not acceptable. Generally, a reference is adequate so that those who might wish to investigate can locate a URL without too much difficulty ...

ssg
11th Sep 2007, 09:08
If your good with computers, back up your logbook on cds, thumbdrive, or second hardrive, and also print out copies, electronic logbooks are great.

I use Logbook Pro, still arguably the best...took about 4 months to put 8 logbooks and 10k into it, by the pool, in hotels, at home..

No more math problems, n numbers pop up autmaticaly, printouts are nice clean and clear.

Being a corp pilot I don't know what the airlines say is ok or not but this is the best. Haven't used a paper logbook in about 4 years, all electonic.

Lord Lucan
11th Sep 2007, 10:31
I have not used a paper log book for several years now.

I simply duplicated the columns from my last paper log book in an excel document, set it up to do the simple sums, and to keep track of any special totals I was interested in....

Easy, free, and stored in a format which will still be accessible years from now. It does not rely on software which might not run on future operating systems.
I make many backup copies, stored in different locations and on different media. I also have a printed copy.

Incidentally, I also have scanned copies of my old paper log books stored in the same way. So I always have copies of everything wherever I go.

MrBernoulli
12th Sep 2007, 18:23
Skylog Pro does the trick for airline work for me. Can keep track of your duty hours as long as you enter time reporting for work/off work etc. My one gripe about it is the very limited info that you can put in the remarks box. To my mind that should be unlimited but it barely allows you a very short sentence ................:hmm:

Thridle Op Des
13th Sep 2007, 10:31
For the Mac users, LogTenPro, best I have ever seen and brilliant support

TOD