PDA

View Full Version : Someones telling Porkies!!

alphaadrian
7th Sep 2007, 17:49
Just had a reply from a certain company who is currentlly recruiting.
Usual response.." thanks for your application..at the moment we are only looking at experienced pilots, preferably type rated..." Fair enough you may think...except that an ex student of mine ( 280hrs-CPL/IR still getting processed at Gatwick) got offered an interview on the same day!! Seems that MY 1600hours/400ME dont really count!! Not normally easily angered but dont like being lied to:*. Do these guys not know that we (pilots) all know each other and talk to one another:confused:!? Hard not to get despondant when I see things like this happening:(. Anyone have any similar stories?

Rant Over:bored:

Arfur Feck-Sake
7th Sep 2007, 18:48
Don't get me started on this subject!!!!!!!

I've heard every lie in the book. Latest one from the mouth of the Flight Crew Manager "we have no vacancies at present and don't expect to have any in the foreseeable future because we've had no resignations for months and months". Open your eyes then mate because half your pilots have walked/are walking.

And you're right, they don't seem to realise that we all talk to each other.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
7th Sep 2007, 19:58
Might be an idea to channel some of your anger into something positive. So many people on this forum are in the same boat as you.

AlphaMale
8th Sep 2007, 15:14
I've read this a couple of times where you have people with 250hrs and a fATPL not getting jobs as these low time fresh faced fATPL pilots are ten a penny. And the response they get from airlines is along the lines of 'We need experienced pilots (aka 1,000+ hrs)".

But then I read some threads where Airlines look at 1,600hrs / 400ME as pilots with too many bad habbits to put right? :ugh:

Currently saving for the Multi APP at EFT (fATPL and 1,500hrs) :ouch: ... Starting to wonder if those extra hours are going to hinder my chances?

Bealzebub
8th Sep 2007, 15:21
Have you considered the possibility, that based on the presentation / information you sent to that company, they are just not interested in you at this time ? The reply is simply a polite rejection.

alphaadrian
8th Sep 2007, 19:35
Rons22

Would rather not directly give the name of the company directly but they fly (or plan to:)) fly out of EGFF.

And yep...you hit the nail on the head. My student mid twenties. Me still using my zimmer frame at 41...to take me to all the half marathons i compete in!!

Take care dude:ok:

BEagle
8th Sep 2007, 21:49
It is a well known fact in the industry that at least 50% of self-sponsored wannabees simply do not have the relevant personal qualities to be employable in an airline environment.

You might have all the ratings and ticks in all the boxes, but if the airlines don't like you.............