PDA

View Full Version : SkyEurope?

crappy5
7th Sep 2007, 17:08
Can anyone who is currently working for SkyEurope help in answering some of the following questions:

1) Type rating /bonds - how long?
2) F/O starting salary / Flight pay?(net approx.)
3) Pension scheme if any and other benefits?
4) whats the company like to work for as a pilot?
5) Is it easy to get the base you want? waiting list?

Any information is welcome!

Nightfire
21st Nov 2007, 02:10
1. Type rating / training bonds: No bonds. No type-rating. Unless you've already got a PIC-rating and experience, no chance for employment.

2. I don't know the exact figures, but very low.

3. Pension Scheme = not available.

4. A pleasant place to work in a way, but with a very uncertain future (look at the stock market). The company's CEO has irrealistic plans and the management is just making experiements. But the people you work together with are usually nice guys and girls.

5. Impossible. Anyway, there are not so many bases to chose from, and rumours say that BTS will be closed next in favor of Vienna, leaving only Vienna and Praha.

blablabla
21st Nov 2007, 11:54
Salary is ok if you fly around 80-90 block hours a month and you live where your based. In the summer after tax all in including per diem I was getting around 3000 euros in my account.

Bases left are only BTS and PRG and all Vienna flights are done with crew from BTS base who position to Vienna airport by car before the flight.

People wise I would say the nicest group I have ever worked for. Product image is good nice service nice cabin crew and the best 700`s in Europe right now with nice interior that get maintained to the highest standard.

Also something I noticed about SkyEurope is for a relatively new smallish Airline they are very well organised with Documentation and Trip kits...each NG having its own mobile phone the crew take with them for duty so they can make or recieve any calls anytime. Good format for flight plans and Notams...Aims system is used for rostering and you can check from home all flights and crew and where each aircraft is at any time and your roster changes and hours flown for the month or year etc.

Hope they are able to keep doing what they do as they do it well and they are here to stay. But who knows................

POL.777
22nd Nov 2007, 19:24
Used to work for SkyE.
I agree its a bunch of nice folks. Cracking Cabin Crew, nice new airplanes. Good company spirit.
Unstable roster, crew control phoning you up everyday (even days off) with changes to your roster. Lots of positioning. Staying at the worst hotel in Slovakia when overnighting in Kosice (KSC).
Short sectors, and new paydeal where you need to fly many hours to make ok money...
If you can go anywhere else - do so. If not, its a very pleasant airline to work for.
Its by far not the worst airline to work for, if you can live with a salary between 2000 and 3500 as an F/O.

PenTito
23rd Nov 2007, 08:42
Is this after tax/social costs???

B767PL
23rd Nov 2007, 12:43
Sory if I missed this part, or mis-understood it in somebodies post, but would they hire without a type? For example would it be a possibility to work something out with them so they bond you for some years, and in return they train you? I assume no.

Nightfire
23rd Nov 2007, 15:17
No, they won't take you without a rating. But even if you have a rating, you will need some hours.
Unless you are a commander, then it is a different case.