PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Iraq

flyingoose
7th Sep 2007, 15:07
Hi guys, wondering if anyone has flown in Iraq?, based in Bahgdad, or knows anyone that is currently there? What its like, and how bad is it really? Any info would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks

ALLSTATIONS
19th Sep 2007, 10:51
Depends if you are going to stay there or fly for companies that are
based outside in neigbouring countries. I'm flying into iraq daily for
a reputable sa company based outside. Believe me it is not a joyride.
Couple of offers going around on 1900 etc.but safety can not be
guaranteed, no bunkers etc. Can't be worse than Ang.... and the circus :eek:. PM me if you want more info, cheers

AfricanSkies
19th Sep 2007, 14:11
Depends who you fly for. I did about 400 trips to Iraq, and wasn't shot down but it had its moments. But I know someone who was. And whilst I was there several civvie helo's were shot down, as were a couple of Antonov's. Several other aircraft picked up some extra drain holes, etc.

Depends where you live too, I expect. If you fly in from outside, not so bad. If you have to live in Baghdad then the S&T's had better be worth the heat, cold, wind, dust, flies, sand, americans, iraqis etc. Paradise it ain't:E

chileno 777
19th Sep 2007, 21:09
Can't be worse than Ang.... and the circus :eek:

Allstations,

Was the experience that you have in Angola so bad? I have not been in Iraq, and I do not work in the aviation sector in Angola…yet, but common….have lived in Luanda since 2002 and it is not so bad. At least is safer than Iraq. Is Angola Air Service so horrible?

Shoot me down if you did not mean Angola.:sad:

south coast
20th Sep 2007, 08:03
Am sure it was with reference to Angola pre 2002 when it was a circus.

learr
25th Sep 2007, 15:37
I've been based in Iraq for about 6months flying the vice president up and down ... the place was already a mess.. we were based in Sulaymanyah and erbil nothing much there but flying to Baghdad :\ not so cool

Learr