View Full Version : Staff Travel

onetogo
9th Jul 2001, 20:51
Guys and Girls,
Can anybody from the U.K. charter world, particularly a vertically integrated company i.e. Brittannia, Air 2 bob, etc, shed some light on their annual staff travel entitlements? also if long service is rewarded by increasing entitlements, subsidised package holidays, premium upgrade entitlement etc etc.
Whats the gen guy's ? :eek:

Mr Benn
13th Jul 2001, 03:09
Premium upgrades? Having a laugh aren't you? Even if there are seats available they won't upgrade us unless we've paid extra.
The staff travel benefits are pretty rubbish. The travel is limited to company package holidays where a charter flight is involved. We have to pay 33% of the holiday cost. The free allowance does increase each year and I guess once you have a few years service then its a little bit more worth it. I think it runs to around £1000 total. You can take others with you and use your allowance towards both holidays. You can also get standby tickets and last minute deals, but to be honest in general you are better off checking out the last minute deals at your local travel agent.
You would be very surprised at the number of staff members who choose to go with a deal at the travel agents rather than filling an otherwise empty seat of our own company.
Don't join for the staff travel benefits. They are worth hardly anything.

lowflyer
13th Jul 2001, 14:02
Mr B
Thanks for info..you forgot to mention which company, Whats the score on last minute deals and how does the allowance thing work??
I'm with JMC, and we not impressed with our Staff Travel, trying to make some comparisons.
Thanks for info so far..
:)