PDA

View Full Version : Interesting opportunity for Aussie’s abroad.

Skystar320
7th Sep 2007, 00:09
Received a heads up from a friend today about a work opportunity in Europe with a well established operator. There heading down under for pilots.
There looking for qualified/& recently qualified pilots on either a Dash 8-300 / Fokker F50 / Fokker F100. Working in Europe, and possible further abroad (6 -36mth contracts)
Drop us a PM and I’ll keep you in the loop, from what I am told it’s a great opportunity with benefits.

Skystar320
7th Sep 2007, 03:18

dwarfhunter
7th Sep 2007, 04:34
Do you have to have EU passport to work in Europe?

Skystar320
7th Sep 2007, 04:41
I dont believe so, you can obtain working visa's.

PM me, and we will talk

"P.S" Thanks to the huge response I am drowning with emails :D:D:D:D

Skystar320
7th Sep 2007, 06:14
FYI The job is not associated with an east coast opperation.......

Grivation
7th Sep 2007, 07:10
Denim Air or KLM Cityhopper perhaps. Plenty of Aussies in either.

Skystar320
7th Sep 2007, 07:13
I dont know the operator, as I said I was only given a heads up this morning about it.

btw Blue-Footed Boobie thanks for my spelling correction. So does this mean I get a B+ or a A-

Boomerang
7th Sep 2007, 09:11
That will be Denim Air. They fly contracts for various companies around Europe and Africa, even Afghanistan. You can find them on PPJN.com A dutch company. I worked there for a while for a contract they have in Spain.

galdian
7th Sep 2007, 11:26
Sorry Boomerang

If, indeed, the company you mentioned and you worked for them were they good, bad, average??
Did the pay arrive on time??
Did what was in the contract essentially get met?? (no offence but real world, NO contracts are EVER met 100%, get used to it.)

No offence, just thought you cut the info trail short a little bit early.

cheers
galdian :ok:

Boomerang
8th Sep 2007, 16:04
Well this is my experience: Got hired after a thorough selection procedure and interview with the manager of flight ops. Told I didn't have enough experience for direct entry command but could start as FO. xx pay. WHen I finally recieved the contract it was for less than xx pay and a base outside the Netherlands, and with a bond. I mentioned that none of these were correct as I already had significant time on type, came to Denim only because I was already living in the Netherlands and would not accept a different base, and the MFO had mentioned a different salary.

All points were promptly corrected wuth the exception of the basing, which would then change from 2007 inline with their renewed contract. I then offered to fly for them if they needed pilots but would not be accepting a different base in 2007.

Several weeks after starting I was told I was scheduled for a command upgrade. This I declined because I knew I would be leaving and didn't want the company to invest money in me if I was planning to leave. It would most likely have included a bond. Note that as an upgraded Captain my salary would be nearly €2000/ month less than had I immediately started as a DE Captain, not a bad move on their part ;)

I stayed for the remainder of 2006 and left before the new contract kicked in, as promised. Pay was always on time and there was never a need for me to chase up anything. I worked 10 on, 5 off, 8 on, 4 off on a rotating basis. On the first and last days the company would fly you to where you were needed. Then your roster could vary day by day. Basically they owned you :) Flight and Duty times permitting, which can lead to some very long days under the Dutch Work and Rest Regulations. We were also required to observe the Spanish WRR. Under the new agreement some things have changed so it's bets to get up to date info from management or ask the pilots on this site: http://www.airwork.nl/bulletinboard/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Just use English

The guys I flew with were great and the route network is interesting. I only flew RPT ops. You should be able to get an idea of pay on PPJN. They do have some contracts which are, lets say a little more agricultural.

Best of luck!

galdian
8th Sep 2007, 23:27
Hi Boomerang

Thanks for taking the time to post - good background info for anyone who might be giving it some thought.

Cheers
galdian :ok:

Hawk777
29th Sep 2007, 00:27
What's the latest on this one Skystar?

Skystar320
2nd Oct 2007, 05:17
Hello,

Starting contacting people, who have sent me a PM, looks good, but bit slow ni getting the information out of everyone.