PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips Or Advice For 1st Time Interview?

juicyjenny
6th Sep 2007, 11:54
I was wondering if anybody has any tips or advice on first time interviews? I will be handing out me CVs soon to different airlines and will hopefully be called back :D so was wondering if any body could give me some helpfull advice! thanks alot

Juicy Jenny x:p

BClouds
6th Sep 2007, 12:06
1/ Be honest
2/ Be EXTREMELY careful with your hands!

juicyjenny
6th Sep 2007, 19:36
haha what do you mean? the 2nd 1?
x

redsnail
6th Sep 2007, 20:49
Nervousness can be transmitted by what you do with your hands.

Have you done any job interviews before? Find a trusted friend who's has experience in interviews and get them to run through mock interviews.

Do a search about the usual topics to be found in internviews.

Big tip, watch your grammar and spelling. The general consensus is if you're a native English speaker then there's no excuse for poor language skills. Your CV will not be taken seriously.

juicyjenny
7th Sep 2007, 10:01
ye i no i have 2 type in full english and i im well spoken just use short text on the internet would never use it in a CV!!! thx x:p

redsnail
7th Sep 2007, 10:10
I wasn't referring to text speak, I was referring to your use of "me". As in "me CV". It's no shorter than "my CV". :)

Canada Goose
7th Sep 2007, 10:40
dats how de talk up der ! "me" is "my" ;-)

OK I'm editing now to say something constructive. I can defintely recommend going on Pilot Pete's interview training course. Not too far from the 'pool either. Not sure if he still runs them, but I'm sure he probabaly does. Not seen him post on this forum for a while. Give it a go - you won't regret it.

http://www.pittraining.co.uk/

Cheers,
CG.

redout
7th Sep 2007, 12:14
"defintely" Maybe you should go to !!!

pe1699
7th Sep 2007, 12:22
'to'...perhaps you should go too!!.

newbie008
7th Sep 2007, 12:26
too!!(.)

Perhaps you should go too!!

AlphaMale
7th Sep 2007, 12:33
Or just:

Perhaps you should go too!

scruggs
7th Sep 2007, 13:46
If you look at her biog she states "Wanting to become a flight attendant need help!!!!"

I think you may be posting in the wrong forum JJ. Try here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Cheers

S

juicyjenny
7th Sep 2007, 14:04
U dnt understand i still would not talk like that at a interview or on my CV!!!! stop bein mean:(
Jenny x:p

scruggs
7th Sep 2007, 14:13
Rainboe! Where's Rainboe when you need him - he tends to deal with the short-text crowd :}

Seriously JJ, I'm a tad confused here. Do you want to be a pilot or flight attendant, your biog would suggest the latter? If it's the former, then you're in the right place, and use of the search function should yield some very useful threads on interview technique and etiquette.

If it is flight attendant you're shooting for, follow the link I posted in my former post.

No one is being mean JJ :ok:

Cheers

S