View Full Version : Income Tax For Pilots in Fance

MAR10
4th Nov 2001, 23:15
Any details on the subject would be appreciated, including references to homepages regarding taxregulations in France.

Shanwick Shanwick
5th Nov 2001, 01:48
Try this,
http://www.minefi.gouv.fr

Are you currently a UK resident working for a UK company?

If so try this
http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=27&t=000272

[ 04 November 2001: Message edited by: Shanwick Shanwick ]

MAR10
7th Nov 2001, 12:44
SHANWICK Twice, no I'm not UK-UK, but do appreciate your links . Thanks!

acm
16th Nov 2001, 14:43
Mar10

Contact french union (SNPL). they is very good deal for pilot tax in France.

Few Cloudy
16th Nov 2001, 23:22
And if you're officially living in France but employed in Switzerland you pay a withholding tax in Switzerland due to an agreement the two countries have.

MAR10
17th Nov 2001, 00:03
Thanks ACM and Few Cloudy,
Regarding the swiss deal F.C., what might happen if/when the swiss join the EU?

wallabie
19th Nov 2001, 18:29
Mar 10

The supposidly super tax deal that french pilots get is far from being the juicy bone people might be led to believe.
You can just write off so called " expenses "from your global income going from the room you use in your house to keep your manual and aal that sort of things, but as long as the total doesn't exeed 30 % of your net income ( gross less pension and social security ) the tax monger will leave you alone. Step over that line and you'll have a bitter taste of what french bureaucracy is all about.
In short, being single, I give 29 % of my net salary to the community chest, on top of which you have to pay local taxes ( amount depending on where you leave and wether the mayor thinks of himself as Neron or Julius Cesar ).
By the way, we also have to include hotel rooms into our salary.
I made roughly 650 000 F Net last year and had to add a further 30 000 F on the tax return, just for having the right to stay in hotels.