PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Pilot Missing in Ghana

Doc 4
6th Sep 2007, 09:13
A ferry pilot delivering an aircraft from Tampa USA to South Africa is lost one hour after take of in Ghana. is there someone with more news about it?

flyboy2
8th Sep 2007, 11:13
"The only thing that can be written is that a truly professional 15,000 hour route qualified pilot has disappeared. Something catastrophic must have happened.
Lori Love was a unique individual. I first ferried with her in 1978. She had tons of experience in everything from Ag flying with Piston / turbine helicopters an Fixed wing, 4000 parachute jumps, Heavy helicopter logging operations in Alaska, Flight instructor in single engine, multi engine, instrument, fixed wing, helicopter, multi and single engine sea, former southwest regional aerobatic champion, a certified parachute rigger, qualifications that are beyond belief.
Most of all, I knew her as a friend and I have always been in awe of her abilities."
[name withheld]

Voel
8th Sep 2007, 12:34
According to the other pilot flying with her, she had alternator problem and some oil leaking. Why did she not return back to Accra, but opted to continue with the flight?

Doc 4
11th Sep 2007, 08:49
I used to ferry for an other company, i have seen her once in Bangor when we both were on our way to Africa. Sad story....hope there is some news soon.