PDA

View Full Version : Working and Living in Trinidad

ratherboutside
6th Sep 2007, 06:14
I see Bristow is looking for 412 pilots in Trinidad. $6,600 US per month tax free with $1,100 per month living allowance. 6 days on, 3 days with 28 day per year leave. Does anyone have any specifics on the job and living conditions?

My goal is to go international someday so I can see the world and do some traveling. Would Trinidad be a good place to start?

Thanks,

Ratherboutside

tottigol
6th Sep 2007, 13:28
Give them a call, they are rather nice people. Trinidad has a very marked West Indies influence, lots of European style shopping.
Housing ain't inexpensive though and there's quite a bit of new residential construction going on in gated communities.
Some petty crime.

Flying Bajan
6th Sep 2007, 13:47
"petty crime" LOL ! You must be joking.

Flying Bajan
6th Sep 2007, 13:54
Trinidadians are fun, social people for the most part - except the ones who wanna kidnap ya - who KNOW how to throw a good party, and Trinidad & Tobago is relatively inexpensive to live there.

Like anywhere in the Caribbean though, unless you're from there and grew up with the pace of life / culture there, it is probably going to frustrate the average european / north american immensely.

I personally have nothing but good experiences with T&T and would definately take a job there - but then again, I'm an island boy from not too far away :-)

wde
6th Sep 2007, 14:52
Hey ratherboutside:

I have a good mate who is there right now. PM me for contact info.

wde

Tail-take-off
6th Sep 2007, 15:20
If you are interested in a bit of fairly ancient history take a look here:

http://209.196.171.35/bases_trinidad.htm

or www.skyweaver.co.uk (http://www.skyweaver.co.uk)

Galeota Point, Trinidad 1985:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l83/Flyer43/BHL%20Pics/GaleotaPt1.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/thridleopdes/GaleotaPointHangerPS1.jpg

Piarco airport
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/thridleopdes/Bell205AatPiarcoAirportPS1.jpg

Bravo73
6th Sep 2007, 15:52
Ask SirVivr.

He's out there now (with Bristow, I'm guessing...)

And, manfromuncle - prepare yourself for an incoming 'slap'. That's a bit out of order, IMO.

manfromuncle
6th Sep 2007, 16:03
Post deleted. Obviously I am not allowed to pass on information I have heard. I DID state that I had not been there myself.

Bravo73
6th Sep 2007, 16:37
You're allowed to pass on whatever you like. Just be prepared to be slapped if it sounds uninformed and bigoted... :ok:

Staticdroop
6th Sep 2007, 16:47
Is there anybody working in T&T yet living on one of the other islands? I understand there is a very good air bridge through the islands. Anybody working there care to comment on the day to day work routine, how many hours etc:ok:

Panman
6th Sep 2007, 17:58
I lived in Trinidad for 11 years (ages 7-18). With the exception of 1994 and 1995, I have been home every year since I left to come back to England.

For me Trinidad is a wonderful place.

Crime does exist, but where in the world is crimefree? You will find that it is mainly concentrated in the east-west corridor and is usually drug/gang related. Once you remain inconspicuous you should be okay.

There are some attitudes to life that will annoy you. The locals will let anyone walk over them and they also expect everyone else to have the same attitude. So if you feel as if you have been hard done by and are prepared to stand up for yourself you will get a lot of opposition and you will hear the assinine statement "well in Trinidad we do it like..." as an excuse. They need to buck up on that idea because the world is a global village now.

Cost of living is cheaper than in the UK. But because the TTD is practically worthless and fixed to the USD everything "sounds" expensive (£1 GBP = $12.50 TTD).

Currently it's the rainy season (May-November). Hurricanes are not a problem in Trinidad or Tobago. Their location close to the South American mainland assists them in that respect. They get heavy rainfall but none of the winds. About a century ago a hurricane passed close to Tobago but the islands have never been hit as far as I know. Other than that the weather is hot, or hot. Average is 30C for the year - 26C at night.

Panman

Panman

Jed A1
6th Sep 2007, 18:03
It may be inexpensive for a Bajan to live in T&T but for a European or American it's expensive. Very.

You will not live on $1,100 / month, not even close - unless you live in a tent walk to work and eat toast all day - or live on a diet of beer.

It is possible to commute from other islands to T&T, at least one forum member here does it.

I'll let the current guys comment on the flying but my comment would be that there's lots of it. There are other operators in T&T who may be hiring.

The lifestyle in T&T can be amazing, lots of parties to go to. Gorgeous women and cheap beer.

ratherboutside
6th Sep 2007, 23:54
Thanks for all the information. It's great being able to get on here and access such resources.

I will give them a call get some more specifics.

Ratherboutside

tottigol
7th Sep 2007, 10:12
Which is what I suggested in the first place.
Good luck.

SirVivr
8th Sep 2007, 01:35
I came here in 1988 on a two year contract and, except for a short stint in ADA, am still here.

This is not a "Tropical Paradise", but a developed Island with traffic jams, free press, many radio stations, restaurants, shoppping malls, local crime and a higher living expense than the US.

If you come, you will see a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-gender society.

The age limits for pilots is now 65. For a two crew operations, the total age can't more than 120 years.

The local tempature varies between 75 and 85 Far. Year round.

The longest distance we fly, currently, is 66 NM.

There has been a large turn-over recently.

If you come here you need your own housing, expensive, car, twice the US rate and local advice.

A good place to start a foreign career.

We do have two female Captains, highly trained and very competent.

If you would like to join, PM and I will give you the details.

Chas A
Sir Vivr

bladegrip
20th Sep 2007, 04:08
120 years , huh? I guess that rules out you and I flying together! We're off to Whidbey next week... Have fun flying with those female pilots who keep the sum below way 120!

SirVivr
20th Sep 2007, 15:52
BG:

They didn't want us flying together in the National Guard back in the 70's.

John Ghere has a Snake next to his hanger in Onondaga. Last one flown by General John Eddie. VFW Post, of course.

Please check out the house. May have to change rental agents.

Chas A

bladegrip
24th Sep 2007, 22:38
Chas,

Who's Foggy Bottom? Is there a way to tell who's who on this forum? Anyway, I'll check on your house, and hoist a few in your genreal direction form the Dog House!

Al

Bluntendboy
25th Sep 2007, 20:04
Where can one find info on this job advert?

flysmart2
26th Sep 2007, 11:58
Let me give you a few hints about this job:

a) The 6 and 3 rotation is only after you get night qualified , you will start on a 5 1/2 and 2 till you get so high on your yearly maximum flight time ( 1000 hrs. t&t car's ) then and only then you will get a 6 and 3 .

b) you will fly 7 to 8 hours a day 100 hrs in 28 days and 12 hrs. duty days starting at 6 am most days.

c) no company provided housing, meals or transport, housing is not cheap and very limited supply due to the oil boom , a car will cost you 600$us a month to rent, unless you want to expend money and buy one, housing normally involves 2 months out of the pocket money to move in ( first and deposit ) average rent 1200 $us, we had a pilot paying for a hotel room out of his pocket( 60 $ us a day ) for 2 months till he moved to an apartment ( with no water ) he is in Qatar now thank god. do the math....

d) if you plan to travel the Caribbean islands on your days off, don't come here there is no time to do that on your 48 hours of time off, you have to do laundry and groceries and of course try to get some rest.

e)the pilot rest areas at the hangar are substandard, crowded , noisy no TV, no INTERNET access to the crews.

f) maintenance has improved a lot , aircrafts are new 5 of them, the others are 10000 to 15000 hrs. TT

g)the island is nice lots of activities if YOU HAVE THE TIME OFF.

h)If you accept the job don't come with empty pockets, there is a lot of money to be spent before your first check....

i) try to negotiate a 56 and 28 or a 6 and 6 before you come here or you will get fed up with the job in no time.

In a nut shell, DO YOUR MATH .

cmwangs
26th Sep 2007, 16:34
I have spent most of my flying life overseas - West Indies for 8 years - in different communities and amongst different peoples.

The single most important thought process:
You are a visitor in their country. Cultures differ in many ways, what might be normal to the westerner can be seriously offensive to easterners.
Trinidad and Tobago has a very strong eastern culture based on manpower imported from the East a very great many years ago.
It has been my experience that any time spent investigating the country and its people is time well spent.

Remember: Their culture is as a result of many factors, not the least of which is Colonialisation, which leads to the fact that you can represent the negative. That being said, in most cases, they will react to you in the same manner you react to them - And that they are normal folks trying to get bills paid, but, mostly under vastly inferior conditions and abilities. Make as many friends amongst the folks as you can, get to know them as people instead of sources of irritation, be careful of your relationships with the female of the specie, jealousy is a powerful weapon!

Your call to the TT Embassy/High Commission will be the best avenue of information, that added to a modicum of commonsense will be your ticket to a wonderful experience.
CMWANGS.

chopperdropper
9th Oct 2007, 15:36
:EOf course you could try hanging on to the friends that you make there, who could make life much easier for you instead of being a spineless worm like some are. There's alot of time off to be had once you have become established. Nothing comes easy, those of us who have it, have worked hard for it and will not let a foreigner try to walk all over us, so if it is youir choice to come to Trini ; prepare to work hard and listen to those with the most experience and try to enjoy yourself while doing it.Trinidad is beautiful and full of beautiful people who want to do the most important thing in life.

LIVING !!!!!

Welcome welcome one and all to the land of the land of fete
Trini to de bone

scottishterrier
9th Oct 2007, 16:48
Well,

There you have it folks.

All the objective comments from those who have either experienced the place and those who are currently there.

Only to be given the venomous perspective of the local.

"dont be coming over here to our tropical paradise and expecting to have your feet up. No No NO, we worked very hard to have that advantage and we wont be having any interlopers spoil it".

We will continue to have our sick days while you passers by, should just be happy to be there.

So in an operation that is clearly short of crews the afforementioned attitude prevails.

When will the people at New Iberia get a grip of this operation.

NEVER, is my opinion.

ST

rotor212
9th Oct 2007, 17:41
:=:=
Run, Run very fast.........try global vectra......

chopperdropper
10th Oct 2007, 00:25
:ugh:

No Gentlepersons and small dogs, the point that I am making is that the Job is what you make it and in ten years I have seen many come and go from the fold, some have left amiably however there are a great many who still think that they poop ice cream from the day they walk in.
Humility will get you miles further than arrogance.
Hope you use it in your next Job ST.

To the rest of you. Welcome to Bristow Caribbean Ops.

scottishterrier
10th Oct 2007, 02:42
I stand corrected, and appreciate the clarification.

There's alot of time off to be had once you have become established. Nothing comes easy, those of us who have it, have worked hard for it and will not let a foreigner try to walk all over us, so if it is youir choice to come to Trini ; prepare to work hard and listen to those with the most experience and try to enjoy yourself while doing it.

When you go to BCL with a little bit of experience and this isnt your first job since your high office of School monitor dont be expecting too much. Be humble to the experienced folks at BCL and of course you must endure the nonsense with a bucket of humility. Dont tell us we've got it wrong. Remember who you are !. If you are a "spineless worm"this is clearly not the place for you.

ST :)

scottishterrier
12th Oct 2007, 05:39
Very well put Roty !

Perhaps those Trini Rules will apply depending on how close you happen to be with the Chief Pilot !

Some get close,some get closer while others take it too extremes:oh:

Bristow integrity ...........................:yuk:

All that good principal gone down the toilet.

There may be some lessons there for all the Cadets and FO's...........
Fast forward your Career ;) All you need is some Parental Connection to the good people in Government. those links to high office will need to of good personal character, unchallengable in behaviour never having been caught with their hand, or anything else for that matter, in the cookie jar/ Honey pot .........
DO NOT PASS GO ! TAKE $ ***** DOLLARS HEY PRESTO YOU ARE NOW A CAPTAIN........And those doors will open all the way even to the CP's position. This will alow all manner of assistance for your Buddies.:D

BUT YOU MAY WELL GET TO CHAIR THE SAFETY MEETINGS !

This trini code would seem to have been in place for a long time.

ST

rotor212
12th Oct 2007, 06:08
$2,000,000 usd..........
and the cost EY's tailboom repair?.....:ouch:

scottishterrier
12th Oct 2007, 06:44
Humility will get you miles further than arrogance.

What a laugh.............

The arrogance at BCL has been taken to extremes.

For example...

"You will fly 8 hour days and up to 9 hours once at least in seven days"

It says so in the Ops Manual ! .......

How many people argued with that ?

It lasted only long enough for the Flight Ops inspector to get involved.

Oh and further benefits of the CP, flowing Champagne for the Christmas Party.:D

I wonder was it ever Paid for ? I believe there was a dispute !:=

Bristow Code of Business Integrity.............

Our Leadership Charter........

Leading by example in accordance with the companies core values !:confused:

Buiding the trust and confidence of the people with which they work

here is a beauty..

Being accountable for their actions and holding others accountable for theirs

Not apparently In Trinidad

ST

rotor212
12th Oct 2007, 07:02
Are they Trinis? Hmmmmmmm

scottishterrier
18th Oct 2007, 09:23
So the rumours of more people departing Trinidad for pastures new are rife.

It is believed that a Bristow long Timer is due to leave imminently with another due to follow. :ok:

Could be for the Desert ! :cool:

Question is, Why would people particularly local people wish to leave Sir Vivr's Idyll ? :ugh:

Rats and sinking ships ! if you pardon the analogy.

So what could be possibly wrong with this operation ?

ST

scottishterrier
19th Oct 2007, 03:18
Roty,

There is some truth in what you say.

I defy you to find me any local who will pay $1500-2000 US/ month for rent. It is true that other costs will be similar.

locals same pay as expats !

When locals leave there families ,friends, home, country and bear the same restrictions, then they can bleat about same pay. .......:{

Now, I am all for fair pay, but that needs to be agreed for yourselves.

If the locals stood together then an agreement could probably be met with pressure on management. When some locals get one thing and some another, there is however a problem, very devisive. But everyone is making their own arrangements, so they have made a rod for their own back.

For example an Fo on ex-pat salary, Now y don't get that for being a great and consiencous staff member! or the time to study for exams etc.!!!!!!!!! := or the senior captain on overseas pay with dubious work ethic and a disregard for aircraft and procedure, Allegedly!!!!!:oh:

There is however a motivation to maximise profit in Bristow TnT. And its not gonna find its way to good ol USA.......... Pay crews minimums, work to the maximum, skimp on maintenance and keep crews local WOW savings will be made ....:D
8-10 aircraft doing 1000hrs/year how much is the that ? :confused: will that make its way to the accountants in New Iberia, I think Not. So where could all this loot be going ? I wonder :hmm:. ..................

As helicopter pilots, IT IS OUR TIME. There is a global shortage of experienced people, to such an extent, as to have been stated. " as restricting the growth of the Oil Industry ".
If locals want ex-pat salaries then let them try going out of their comfort zone and work in another country. They will be rewarded with new experiences, which will benefit themselves in character and maturity, get to work with people from other countries differing cultures and possibly, operations far beyond the possible scope of Bristow Trinidad.

So locals should, if they have the Balls, get off their asses and go see the world until then keep the whining to themselves

ST

rotor212
19th Oct 2007, 12:32
Scotty,
I hope you have as they say in Trinidad "Court clothes"

The Bristow operation in Trinidad used to be one of the best kept secrets in the Industry. The real question is why are people leaving so fast. With the NHSL's CP gone, that's 3 experience locals gone to greener pastures, somebody should be asking themselves WHY?. But we know that will never happen. By the way throwing money at the problem isn't going to fix it either.

A half decent work cycle that's fair would be a good start.........and I mean you're either pulling you frigging weight or you out....you want time off to study, fine, take some no pay leave.......you want 57 days sick leave, that's okay as well......you're fired!!!!! You need to bring back the ole' discipline.....

I could go on for quite a very long while but I won't.....

scottishterrier
19th Oct 2007, 13:30
Relax,

All the problems are over.

Despite the departing personell it seems the answer has been found at BCL................................ Bring in the night crews at 15.00 do some flying, then some maintenance, duty till 03.00 when another crew can be on call. Woohoo thats gonna work then isnt it. just when it was thought all was lost...it is only increasing the duty times so it will be OK !...................:ugh:
Additionally there is going to be a promotion board to bring on some SFO's.:D Well if they are gonna get paid for it they should have the resposibility !

I wonder, :hmm: When the chief pilot was promoted, was there a promotion board ? Perhaps Chopperdropper can tell us about what it takes to be promoted. Is this a new thing ?

ST

triniflyer
19th Oct 2007, 16:51
The civil aviation of T&T need to shoulder some of the blame for the mass exodus of local pilots and engineers to foreign shores when they bowed to pressures from the local Heli operators to moved away from UK CAA CAP 371 FDP`s to FAA Standard or (Non Standards).:} The T&T CAA are toothless buldogs when it comes to enforcing proper FDP regs.

As soon the new FDP`s became law, crew rosters and ops manuals changed with longer duty hrs and reduced time off and more flying, again the CAA did nothing:ugh:.

When are they going to figure out we don`t want to go abroad but are forced to move on, one being money but the main reason is pilot fatigue. Early departures/late landings with 12 - 14 hr duty and minimum days off just don`t cut it anymore unless you work equal time off (not night stby being called part of a day off). We rather move on than risk having an incident or accident acredited to your name.

Local pilots and Eng are experienced and professionals who can hold their end any where in the world. We will continue to depart T&T in droves since the local heli operators only concern with making the mighty $ while their employees are treated like:mad:.

You could pay locals same salary as expats but they will always move on since time-off and quality of life take precedent in the end unless you`re wok jumbies like ddg and bs.

May be the operators should have a read Roger Green`s book on Human Factors for Pilots and realised that money is not everything.

I for one would love return to T&T..... if there were ever an equal time-off roster. Untill such time I will continue to remain a happy and well off expat exploring the Asian and African continents and loving every minute.:ok:

rotor212
19th Oct 2007, 18:38
One man looking out for the local pilots in the Directorate can't do it alone boy. At the end of the day, he doesn't have the final say and we all know that he has tried.:ugh:

Pilot Fatigue? that doesn't apply to the chosen few and Blue Can Org

As for the professionals, Aviation in Trinidad is going to reap the benefits of hiring the dregs...and those with ad-on ratings where "Oh, I burned time flying around the everglades...just to get my 50 hrs". Helicopter P of F, What's that? How can anybody be taken seriously when they've never done an EOL, a downwind quick stop or a navex with a proper track crawl.
Unfortunately, the mass exodus is only going to give those remaining bargaining power......but what can you do....

triniflyer
19th Oct 2007, 23:40
Rotor 212. I think you`re missing the point, we`re not asking for anyone at the directorate to `fight` for pilots. Just the offshore industry standard (GOM/North Sea ect). A simple case of those who make the decisions are not affected by them.

The results hiring of dregs have already starting to show it`s nasty face......poor SOP`s and disregard for the RFM which can result in many AOG days from chip lights ect.

It`s easy to throw our hands up and say `what can you do` but those of us who had the:mad: to go out there and make it are the ones with international exposure can see the whole picture.

This is not just a case of dollars and (sense), the ones who remain are the relatively inexperienced individuals at the low end of the pay spectrum, their only goal is the mighty $ until they gather enough experience to move abroad.

Quality of life at the work place, roster, sop`s ect will always be lacking from any organisation with high turn over of pilots and eng. Your human resource is your best resource.......like money in the bank.

(Most) International companies understand this very well.:cool:

rotor212
20th Oct 2007, 07:53
Trini I didn't miss the point, I know exactly what you're talking about, but you need to read between the lines......;)

scottishterrier
20th Oct 2007, 08:22
When are they going to figure out we don`t want to go abroad but are forced to move on, one being money but the main reason is pilot fatigue. Early departures/late landings with 12 - 14 hr duty and minimum days off just don`t cut it anymore unless you work equal time off (not night stby being called part of a day off). We rather move on than risk having an incident or accident acredited to your name.

So, we dont want to go abroad. !!!! ......Well dont go. ...:ugh: MONEY..... So you want expat or touring salaries and time off ,.... what planet are you on. :rolleyes: get paid lots of dollars and Mr Manning and his buddies , who, if i dare say it, are little diiferent from the west wing personalities, Will love for you to give them a healthy slice of your cash.
If touring does not suit and neither does a full time position, do something about it. For too long people have accepted the sh:mad: and did nothing about it. When someone takes a stand you all cower and wait for the fall out.... Hoping that you will gain by it ! Once again I say Stand together and take your case to the "west wing". You want your cake and eat it, what a bunch of pussies.

From Sirvivr's previous input, and statement about the TWO FEMALE CAPTAINS , Does he have some kind of foresight. No Not Double Vision!.
Or perhaps he will be on the Review Board, that would bring some non biased view, or even that perhaps he has some inside information as the West Wings Snitch. Maybe he was fantasizing about the possibility of Some Thai Girls to Mold into the kind of pilots to fill the slots ! :rolleyes:

Well ......"you Just have to trust us"............. Who remebers that little Gem from the chief ?

We rather move on than risk having an incident or accident acredited to your name.
That would not seem to be the case, Triniflapper !

The governor incident for example, So how many incidents will that tally ?

ST

triniflyer
20th Oct 2007, 09:50
Spewing venom will get you no where......this thread has literally gone to the dogs. I have better things to do with my time, bye forever.:ok:

scottishterrier
20th Oct 2007, 10:19
You must be joking !

These are suggestions ! that may well be too close to the Truth.

with a little bit of provocative fun of course :cool:

ST

camelman
20th Oct 2007, 10:43
The Scottish Lad has obviously hit a sore nerve. I've been monitoring the last couple of threads and I have to say that it seems that TRINIFLYER may be a new comer to the wonderful world of aviation.

He/she, more likely she, really is clueless to the fact that when someone leaves their family/home to come over to work, they need to be compensated in some way. Expats do have lives and families that they leave behind and separation is difficult, but you would not know that as copilots like yourself have never had to leave MOMMY AND DADDY behind. It's quite normal to expect to pay expats a salary that would make it worth their while. Face it, without EXPATS, you would not have the manpower to keep those contracts, or benifit from their experience. 150 hrs on a Robinson isn't experience by any strech of the imagination. So I suggest that you and all others like yourself SHUT it until you've been thru a war/conflict, survived enemy fire and paid your dues........

unstable load
20th Oct 2007, 13:39
Well said, Camelman,
This has been a regularly occuring theme on numerous threads.

The local pilots get their knickers in a twist as to "WHY, OH WHY do those bloody expats who come here to take our jobs and wives/girlfriends then drink our beer get paid SO MUCH?? We want to get the same money they do, for the same 6/6, 4/4, 8/4 etc etc roster they work!!"

No one ever sits down and calculates that these expats on that roster with the hours they rack up will actually fly up to their limit for the year and in some cases over the limit, nor do they give a moment to consider that those same expats give up literally HALF their lives with their loved ones to come and do the jobs that a lot of the smaller, often dodgy operators COULD NEVER DO on their own, without the same expats they moan so much about.

camelman
20th Oct 2007, 16:35
If they take the time to look at the roster, they'll see that someone on a local rotation gets the same time off as the expats. It may not be all at once as a 56/28 guy but the time off is still there...and in most cases the major holidays are credited to their leave.:)

TRINIFLYER I dare you to dispute this......

unstable load
20th Oct 2007, 21:36
There you go, then. Now all they need is the same expat salary to spend at home with their families.:}:}

scottishterrier
21st Oct 2007, 14:48
I doubt those on the current departure list are leaving due to the lack of time off. Most will be motivated by the Money and of course experience.
I would wager that the main reason for leaving will be the opportunity to escape the bu:mad:it that the BCL management causes them to endure.

No one can condemn an individual for the wish to better their life and experience through financial gain, unless you are of the marxcist persuasion.

Good on those who have made a decision to leave or are in negotiation, You will be all the better for it. :D

For those who want to know, The Group has a myriad of opportunities.

Helicopter Pilots – Locations Various Pilots required for international work, we operate Sikorsky S76, S61N, Eurocopter AS332L, EC155 and Bell 212/412. We offer an excellent package including competitive tax free salary, pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance free flights and food and accommodation. ... Job Hours: Full-Time | Location: Global | Job Position: Permanent | Company: Bristow Helicopters Ltd | Published Date: 28 September 2007 14:24:52
Make the Call, and ask for a transfer !

For those who do not have the correct licence, experience or type,

NOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU'RE IN TRINIDAD ! :ok:

ST

unstable load
21st Oct 2007, 15:29
Go on guys, apply!! I DARE YOU!!:E:E

Then, when you find yourself sat in the hotel in Eket or the RA in Warri and the shots are going off just down the road you will look back on your time in TnT and realise that the only reason the grass is greener over the fence is because there is more to fertilise it that side.

GO on, if you want the Expat life, grow some cojones and take the plunge.

rotor212
21st Oct 2007, 15:44
Mr. C.A.Jones is probably required for Nigeria, but I think a little common sense will surely land you a better job elsewhere. :O

stag drinker
22nd Oct 2007, 03:36
Quick question Scottishterrier: you seem pretty peeved about BCL's management, local pilots, and Trinidad in general.....so why don't you leave, "oh great experinced expat that's left family and friends behind to get paid more than a local boo hoo hoo, yada yada ya"??
Just wondering, as I spent a few years there and voted with my feet :yuk:

Senior Pilot
22nd Oct 2007, 07:25
Rotorheads,

First and final warning: any more racial attacks/vilification, and this thread is history :=

Senior Pilot

scottishterrier
22nd Oct 2007, 07:40
PEEVED.

With management, not at all. Critical, you bet your sweet life I am.

With Locals, Not at all, disappointed you bet your sweet life I am.

With Trinidad, Peeved eh !. Trinidad does have its limitations, even the locals recognise this and have given me their view.

LEAVING

You know I may well just do that ! :ugh:

ST :ok:

scottishterrier
23rd Oct 2007, 02:43

I have deleted my last.

This was merely a commentry on my experiences.

You are correct this should not be the place for much of the previous posting.

Apologies for the necessity of your involvement.

ST

scottishterrier
23rd Oct 2007, 06:47
Code of Business Integrity Quotes thereof

Showing tolerance of peoples differences and dealing with their issues fairly !

Acknowledging and recognising people for their contributions and performance !

Weighing alternatives considering both short and long term effects and then being resolute in the decision they make !

comments

ST

unstable load
23rd Oct 2007, 12:23
Moderator, if I caused any offence, my humblest apologies!:O

Scottie, don't you know those standards only apply if you do something wrong and they need a stick to beat you with, and not as a moral compass for manglement?:=

scottishterrier
23rd Oct 2007, 16:06
unbearableLoad.

This surely cannot be another situation of one rule for one and one rule for another !

Surely Mr W E Chiles when he put pen to paper or dictated his PA, was serious about this, considering it was required to do the test and sign the code.

It is critical that all company employees have a full and detailed understanding of our core values and our code of business integrity, and understand what that means for you in the workplace, as well as in business dealing on behalf of the company :D

Even our esteemed Moderator can see that this is a legal obligation !

Could this be the reason the dude from IT got fired over the BRISTOW SONG !!

OH MY GOD a get out clause

Waivers

Ther will be no waiver of any part of of these policies, including for any director or officer, except by a vote of the Bristow Board of Directors(the Board).:ugh:

No adverse action will be taken against any employee for making a complaint or disclosing information in good faith. :=

I believe there is a rumour of some Long service awards at BCL. :ugh:

Step forward Cadets !

ST

rotor212
23rd Oct 2007, 16:56
Croiste mon, I comin' fuh mine......;)

scottishterrier
23rd Oct 2007, 17:29
Boy, I Tell Yuh.......... Yuh Too Late !

unstable load
23rd Oct 2007, 18:33
Terriere,

My experience of the code predates Mr Chiles, so it's hard to gauge the NEW improved version of the leopard's spots.

scottishterrier
23rd Oct 2007, 20:43
unscrambled code

Are you suggesting this is the ultimate recycling ? :rolleyes:

Will the long servers recieve their awards prior to departing to Global Vectra ?

STsingh

roty
24th Oct 2007, 02:13
Please, may the last Trini leaving bring the flag and turn off the light .

:{

Thanks.

scottishterrier
24th Oct 2007, 03:17
So,

What is the criteria for long service !

Wiil bonded staff be included for consideration ?

Will those on the gravy train be excluded ?

Will the list of incidents agains your licence be the measuring stick ?

Will the judgement be the flight time achieved at BCL ?

Can contactors be included ?

Will blackmailers be excluded ?

Those questions and more will be answered at the next celebratory funtion.

Stay Tuned for the Next exciting installment ! ;)

ST

unstable load
24th Oct 2007, 11:49
What is the criteria for long service ! Anything longer than 1 rotation/3 months

Wiil bonded staff be included for consideration ? Only after you have paid off your bond- expect terms and conditions to change soon though

Will those on the gravy train be excluded ? Of course, they have already had eneough, DUH!

Will the list of incidents agains your licence be the measuring stick? The more incidents you have, the longer you will be staying there to pay for them, so YES.

Will the judgement be the flight time achieved at BCL ? Yes, but taken along with the above Q only

Can contactors be included ? Contactors don't need anything to work, contractors however, sorry-oh read the small print

Will blackmailers be excluded ? Blackmailers will get 5% of what you each get, how do you think this got to this point in the first place, Company Generosity??

rotor212
24th Oct 2007, 15:14
Don't be so hard on them....I mean it take serious talent to be a contractor and cock up on a daily basis and still keep your job. Correction...negotiate a higher salary while being diciplined...

scottishterrier
24th Oct 2007, 18:09
ROTY,

Since, you'll be in "Nigeria" it shouldnt effect you eh :rolleyes:

But it could have gone the same place as the unpaid overtime !

ST

scottishterrier
26th Oct 2007, 05:38
Roty,

All is not completely lost we have another Captain.

One local given four bars, and if Im not mistaken already has the salary. The others apparently "disappointed".

Chief Pilot reported to be competing hard to retain pilot from swinging to NHSL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:uhoh:

ST

rotor212
26th Oct 2007, 05:41
Boy, careful you don't give away your identity yuh know.........don't be talking local politics so freely 'cause it'll just be a matter of time time before we figure out who you are and whether you're there in Trinidad or ABZ.....:)

camelman
26th Oct 2007, 06:40
Scotty, are you saying that the two female Capt.s that Sirvivr was rambling on about didn't cut it? What a shame..........put out all that time and effort;) and still didn't get the knob.....I mean nod....:E

camelman
26th Oct 2007, 06:43
Get it right .....it's the Arabian Gulf.....

scottishterrier
26th Oct 2007, 08:41
Roty

I seem to recall that the unnamed leaver has made no secret of his ambition to depart to go elsewhere. It would also seem that he may be some way nearer his ambition, but not quite made it ! A little ways south of target perhaps his navigation failed him.

Maybe he can work on that soon !

A couple of things spring to mind.........................

Self praise, is no praise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and
I recall a story of two local scolarship cadets,
One tells the other that he didn't deserve to be on the scholarship, and that he of course did deserve to be on it . :ugh:
They did both complete and go on to perform with excellence .

Was the statement out of arrogance or inferiority ?

Cameldung,

I didnt suggest anything of the sort ! :uhoh:

ST

rotor212
26th Oct 2007, 09:44
The only thing south of target is NHSL or possibly Briko......or is it east or northeast? I'm having trouble with my direction this morning.......must have had too much to drink last night....:confused:

scottishterrier
26th Oct 2007, 10:46
Rotor twit

Your getting warmer !

ST

scottishterrier
27th Oct 2007, 06:02
It would appear that the problems do not stop with the need for crews to replace those departing or departed.

The training manager has allegedly resigned from his position although he will continue to act as a training Captain.

This must tell a story in itself !!!!!!!!

Explanations ?

ST

rotor212
27th Oct 2007, 12:15
Scotsman,
Could it be that the man has finally given up on the Idea of having MicroManagers pull his chains. That says alot about the what's going on down there, Two TCs in one month.....

scottishterrier
27th Oct 2007, 12:53
Rtoor Towuntoo,

That would certainly seem that that is the case.

Question is, Why did he take so long ?

LATEST SCOOP !

Rumour has it that a line trainer who has already tendered his resignation, Will be travelling to US to undertake a CFII course !.................:ugh:

Is he expecting perhaps to become the replacement sim instructor examiner with BCL ? :=

Will this improve his instruction skill ? or maybe even his Instrument skills ?or even his employability ?

UNLIKELY !

ST

STAYTUNED

rotor212
27th Oct 2007, 13:55
Scutty,

I'm all in favour of people going out and making themselves marketable, but I don't think this fella knows that he's not all that he thinks he is...:=

scottishterrier
27th Oct 2007, 14:10
Marketable !

By that rational.............. that would cover the Chief studying for his masters on company time !!!!!!!!!!

Dillusions of Grandure !

ST

rotor212
27th Oct 2007, 14:14
The thought crossed my mind...scottish.....we can't all be that fortunate...company ink etc..

scottishterrier
27th Oct 2007, 14:18
Would this perhaps fall under the categories as listed in the Code of Integrity I wonder. :hmm:

A Thought !

Is a CFII such an asset for one as highly experienced ?......................

ST

rotor212
28th Oct 2007, 04:16
" See that guy...He knows I'm good" AHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA..

scottishterrier
28th Oct 2007, 07:48
I Say Again,

Self praise is ..............No Praise.

ST

412maniac
29th Oct 2007, 01:12
St
you obviously have a very intimate view of things in trinidad however it is also apparrent that you have an axe to grind so having said so, while I agree that no company is perfect there are a few facts which you seem to be ignoring,
1 Bristow is not the only company in the world losing pilots, large airlines are also suffering world wide, as well as other offshore operators.

2 while you seem to have an issue with people studying while they are working it is a common practice in all industries, especially among peeople with enough ambition to do something with themselves rather than complain about their situation.

further I think that while there may be issues with them in trinidad im sure there are a lot of good people out there, still carrying the flag proudly, so for the time being if you are so unhappy then leave ( or are they the only people who will tolerate you:ugh: and if you have already left then stop kicking and screaming on the floor because you cant get your favourite cereal and get on with your life, but villifying people is not a very professional attribute :=

scottishterrier
29th Oct 2007, 02:47
Your observations are excellent. :D

Indeed the aviation industry as a whole is suffering a shortage of Pilot staff.

At the possible risk of explaining myself to you.

I do not "have an axe to grind" as you call it.

What I will do is put my head above the parapet at the risk of taking a hit from you or your like, and make a commentry on where I, and clearly others believe there is "ROT".

Your possible knowledge of this subject matter is apparently limited.

I do not, as you commented have an issue with folks studying whilst working, to perhaps advance their career. I do however have a problem with people taking advantage of their position whilst seeking to disadvantage others or boost their friends position.Those who have recieved the "leg up" through contacts or never having actually qualified by selection for a sponsored cadetships. ON TARGET ! Result ZERO....

I am a supporter of my colleagues, if I make statements and comments to provoke reaction or comment then that is my prerogative.

This thread has become an outlet for the folks involved to "vent", giving entertainment and creating response, when another was removed from them, and long may it continue.

If I chose to make possible denigrating remarks, those would be for my own reasons, but those with familiarity will understand.

I am happy you have become part of this internal debate of sorts, or as I suspect you have chosen to assume a new anonymous identity, also I am happy to have at least caused a reaction, in the same way I found it necessary to respond to an addition on this thread.

As for carrying the flag proudly. It may be the case that some have little option and continue out of necessity but do not assume that they are entirely happy with their situation or the work environment they are forced to endure.

As for my personal situation, I am quite happy. I will not however, stop ridiculing ar lambasting individuals or situations that are unjust or deserve condemnation.

More to come

ST

rotor212
29th Oct 2007, 03:49
Whimps......always alluding to someone or something. be specific..

camelman
29th Oct 2007, 17:33
Could it be paradise lost?

Bristow Caribbean Limited & National Helicopters losing Pilots & Engineers.......Air Traffic Controllers on Sick out...What the devil is going on down there?

In a land of so much, why is this happening???

HeloGMan
29th Oct 2007, 18:26
I e-mailed and faxed my resume to Bristow T&T and far exceed their requirements yet I have not heard back. It has only been a week but I'
d sure like to hear something.

Do you happen to have any specific contact information other than was listed in their ad for pilots?

Also, if you have further suggestions, I'd sure be interested.

Thanks

scottishterrier
29th Oct 2007, 23:24
HeloGman,

The ad on the group website gives direct contact information as I believe does those elswhere.

I suspect though that you may be over qualified from what you say.

There are many other options currently available. Dont dwell on the lack of response. Aim Higher !

ST

ROTORMIND
30th Oct 2007, 23:20
WHERE D´ 10% GONE?????

WHERE D´ 10 MILLION HANGAR GONE?????? :rolleyes:

WHERE D´ RESTORING OF THE ACTUAL FACILITIES???????? :}

NOTHING SEEMS TO STOP PILOTS MIGRATING & ONLY FEW NEW HIRES.

SO, WHERE THE 20 NEW PILOTS THE COMPANY WAS HIRING??????? :oh:

I GUESS ALL THE ANSWER TO MY Qs WILL COME TRUE ON BOXING DAY!!!!! :=

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY, MEAN WHILE I´LL BE WAITING THIS THINGS TO HAPPEN SMOKING MY LOVELY CUBAN CIGAR.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :ok:

rotor212
31st Oct 2007, 14:21
I hope you have some warm clothing, ABZ could be quite nippy this time of the year, especially for a Trini boy. :D Also, if you're waiting for those items to get sorted out, I hope you have a good supply of Cubans....

Martin Barclay
1st Nov 2007, 20:40
Would there be an opportunity for one of advanced years but limited experience to work in T and T. I have read all the negative but there is such a dearth of opportunity in the UK for 46 year old CPL, 280 hours all piston and no IR or instructors rating. No money (credit) left either.

ROTORMIND
1st Nov 2007, 22:08
Yeh U right, I do have my provisions of scotch, cygars & something else, but I sure it´s not going to take that long, remember they promised it...:confused:

I sure 412MANIAC is going to take care of that himself, as he ussually does...:sad:

BRISTOW: one world, one mission, one team.............:D

BCL: three contracts, :ooh: various missions, same crew-samehelicopter all over the places on a daily basis:sad:, wuuaoooo wha a deal buddy........:ok:

:mad:

412maniac
1st Nov 2007, 22:25
HAHAHAHA
you people think you know me thats HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAHA

412maniac
1st Nov 2007, 22:27
look dude in Trinidad no IR no job to be a commercial pilot down there you must be IR rated first
sorry man its just the law out there

kflexer
1st Nov 2007, 22:50
I love this thread, dont feel bad Gman I have all the qualifications they require as well and after I sent them all my documents they never got back to me either. Too bad as where else in the world can you fly offshore and live in a warm place and be home most nights? Keep it comming guys great entertainment!
KF

roty
1st Nov 2007, 23:10
KF;

If you meet or exceed the BCL requirements , and you are out of a job something has to be wrong with you... :ugh: Bristow Nigeria , ADA , GH and Global Vectra are desperate for qualified pilots , and it is warm and home every night there too.

R.

Martin Barclay
2nd Nov 2007, 00:06
Thanks mate. That is pretty much the rule evrywhere I think. Still looking for the move into turbines. My have to find a way to employ myself.

kflexer
2nd Nov 2007, 01:51
Ha ha Roty who said I was out of work? I was just looking for something different. havent been out of work since starting in this business, as not many are.

ROTORMIND
2nd Nov 2007, 02:00
:}HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA........:}.............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:}

I really dont know who you are, but by the way you express yourself & the way you answered the coments made by scotishterrier seems that U r one of those taking advantage of the close-closer relationship to managment boys. :hmm:

anyhow, who cares, enjoy while u can....... :D

it doesnt last for ever!!!!!!!!;)

I wonder????? :rolleyes: "Code of Integrity"............. :hmm: yeah right!!!!!!! :yuk:

scottishterrier
2nd Nov 2007, 04:56
Rotormind

Im with you on this one.

Exactly what my assumptions were.

Too much familiarity and defence , Now there is the clarification for Martin.

REALLY and TRULY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also check the age........ 6 ......................That suits too !! :p

"Finger on the Pulse eh".................."What goes around comes around"

Of course maniac could be the chopper dropper in a new guise !
That was a very unfortunate title, though appropriate.

Hope Aberdeen isnt too cold and the Scottish beer suits your tastes. get yourself a Dress !!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy y can tell me about it when we meet !

STsingh

scottishterrier
3rd Nov 2007, 09:14
ALL thanks to the Operations staff, not forgetting the good Old Boys In the West WING. It would seem that the local crews could now be achieving their "so valuable" time off......................................................... ...................:D

Only because they are exceeding the 28 day limit of flight time. :uhoh:

Crews are being given 5-6 days off to bring flying time within operational limits. :rolleyes:

Enjoy Your Time Off ! ...........................My FRINGS :ok:

ST

rotor212
5th Nov 2007, 09:30
Shoots buddy, 36 days and I've done a grand total of 40 hrs. Man am I busy....and the best part of it is that my STRESS LEVEL is at an all time low...NIL....Eat that 412maniac....:cool:

ROTORMIND
6th Nov 2007, 12:47
:{Yes that´s the true & it seems it´s going to continue wide open, Pilots just waiting replay from "COMPANIES" ;), "No Joke" :=, "don´t be surprise of the exodus" it´s just a matter of time :cool:, so my frings I guess CAA will be increasing duty & flying time once again :eek: :yuk: :oh:, so don´t even worry about busting flying time, you´ll have a wide margin :ugh:, that will come even B4 the 10% & B4 christmas. :D:D:D:D:O

ROTORMIND
7th Nov 2007, 02:08
Company Info
Bristow Caribbean Ltd
Phone:
Fax: 1-868-669-7758
Email: [email protected] ([email protected])1-868-669-8102-7 ext 287
Web: www.bristowgroup.com (http://www.justhelicopters.com/employment/www.bristowgroup.com)

Contact
Capt Jason Penco-Cheif Pilot

Posted: 7/19/2007

Position: Pilot - Oil Industry
Job Location: Outside USA

Job Description
Job Description Bristow Caribbean operates 12 Bell 412 SP and EP helicopters in support of the offshore oil and gas industry in Trinidad and Tobago. We are currently recruiting qualified professional Helicopter Pilots. Schedule The schedule consists of 6 days on 3 days off with 28 days annual leave (Travel to home base included). Salary Salary - $6,600 USD tax free with $1,100 USD tax free living allowance. Trinidad Taxes will be paid by Bristow Caribbean Ltd. Foreign taxes remain the responsibility of the employee. Requirements  US ATP or ICAO Airline Transport Pilots License equivalent with not less than 2000 flying hours in Helicopters of which 1500 hours must have been as Pilot in Command.  Current IR with a minimum of 75 hours instrument or simulated instrument flight time on helicopters and night rated with a minimum of 50 hours night flying on helicopters.  Bell 412 SP/EP rating ( S 76 will be an asset) – 100 hours minimum on type.  Previous offshore experience – at least 250 hours (twin turbine).  Night rated with a minimum of 50 hours night flying.  Fluent in English.  Committed to safety and quality improvement.

All the above plus 10% salary increase not mentioned on the ad´..... :ok: :D not bad at all.

Is there anybody else coming to help us out????? := :D :O

If so, do it now please.....:\ :{ :ooh: :ouch:

Welcome to the caribbean paradise :rolleyes:

Any queries call me 1-800-4GETIT :ok:

STOP THE EXODUSSSSSSSSS............................ :{ :bored: :oh: :sad:

scottishterrier
7th Nov 2007, 17:20
Rotorbind,

Old news my friend.
The ad is dated 19th july.

Considering that the operation is still short handed tells its own story !

It aint gonna stop the exodus

ST

ROTORMIND
7th Nov 2007, 21:48
Scottishterrier

So U meant they not looking for pilots anymore, that´s it???? :{

Man I tell U, this guys really burning their a... already!!!!!!! :\

Da is SAD!!!!!!!! :bored: :ouch: :sad:

Doubles
11th Nov 2007, 03:37
Howdy Boys, this room is heating up. So much being said, it’s quite entertaining. WAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Well I have an early report tomorrow, got to go. Remember, please be balanced when making any statement on the www. You never know, the scale may now have a formidable weight to tip those exaggerators overboard.

P.S. Please don’t bother to call the voice mail, or look at the roster to see if I am for 0600 or 0700, it won’t help.

Mirror! Mirror! on the wall, who is the phantom who is going to repaint this wall. :cool:

scottishterrier
13th Nov 2007, 05:56
Rotorblind,

Who mentioned that any newcomers would get a pay increase ?

The increase in salary was a reward for the existing crews !!!

I would think it foolish to expect The west wings obligation to any further increase to all, given their apptitude for individual negotiation.

Did anyone recieve written confirmation of an increase not to mention any additional increase ?

Food for thought !

ST

rotor212
14th Nov 2007, 12:23
Scotty,
Hot of the press, another South American has tendered his resignation......What's going on down there???? Pretty soon all that they'll have would be FO's and well let's not go there 'cause apparently you can still fail your command review and do a QUICKY!!!! flight with the CP to have that nullified....God help those poor pax...and FO's...in this rainy season...

ROTORMIND
14th Nov 2007, 22:10
...........and there still some guys thinking it is for the money............. ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha............:} :} :} yeh right........:ugh:

U right scotty, keep the 10% for u guys, not for the newcomers, they have absolutely no rights. :ugh:

that´s why there will be tons of newcomers coming soon, u better stop them before they reach... :ouch: dont worry!

even one of the "newcomers" just left last week, u tell me. :ok:

:D :D :D

scottishterrier
17th Nov 2007, 13:25
Yeah I heard about "mi amigo's" resignation.

Well considering the CP is such an excellent and supremely experienced Training Captain, Line Training Capt and all round over qualified being that defies belief, (except when it comes to a sim check in the company of the CAA inspector) Im sure it must be within his remit and capacity to promote at will.

I hope there is no suggestion of favours or other immoral inducements to facilitate this promotion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little input from the CP ! :O

Doubles - Bring it on, with pepper ! :\ dont be so transparent !

Scale is about to swing ! :{ "BooHoo" ............WTF ?

I think we all look forward to more of the reality at BCL

STsingh

I-IIII
17th Nov 2007, 13:35
Is anyone can explain to me the briko air story .....is still exist?

scottishterrier
17th Nov 2007, 13:59
Q. Does Briko still exist ?

A. Yes

ST

18th june 2007
Africair – which purchased two Jetstream 32 (msns 932 and 939) in the first quarter for its Briko Air Services Ltd operation located at the Piarco International Airport in Trinidad, West Indies.

http://images2.jetphotos.net/img/2/1/9/7/23967_1188450791_tb.jpg (http://www.pprune.org/forums/FCx(this.href);)

I-IIII
17th Nov 2007, 14:21
Many yhanks for informations:):):)

rotor212
17th Nov 2007, 21:32
Looks like the Jeffe is on leave while his Deputy is putting in extra time....100hrs in 28 days.....8:55 the other day....man I tell you want dem boys in Bristow can really earn some serious cash for the company...shame the company rewards loyalty and hard work with a swift kick up......
Terrier....Could there be any truth to the rumour that the lone CAA inspector has accepted a job with Bristow to head up their QA department???????

scottishterrier
18th Nov 2007, 11:58
WOW.

So who will be the aviation police in T&T?

A case of Game keeper turned poacher perhaps !

This brings a whole new meaning of The DCA being in BCL's Pocket !

How Low Can You Go ?

ST

rotor212
18th Nov 2007, 15:53
That won't do any good....Mgmt can do no wrong......

Doubles
19th Nov 2007, 01:56
:)
Well yes, another one is gone; well that’s how life is.

Venom seems to be the word for the day my brother, well seems to be the word off Scottish ### life. Yes I agree something has to be done considering that what’s going on is far from being professional. As I said, I am taking no sides. I am kind of feeling it for all the crew members who have toiled for the last 5+ years and remained with the company though.

It’s not right for ppl to leave and now come back with better benefits. I hear that local F/O's and SFO's will be pissed seeing that Mr. Red Head coming back from his Junior-Puppet-Stringed CP stint from down in Gal, and will be getting perks upon perks. I feel it for the committed crews. Again I say, that it's NOT RIGHT, Wake up west wing, WAKE UP. This type of demoralizing initiative will make committed men and women flee in droves.

However, other issues:

1. While expats are not provided with housing, they are provided with US$1000+ per month, which is well within living comfortable for expats in TT. Off course there are those who will want to live like kings and not split a flat. Whose fault is that?

2. Do you know that all experts are paid when the, typical say 2 for the most always call sick or something wrong with there mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, son, neighbor, plant, shoe or miss a flight etc. They have the same benefits of local.

3. Expats also got a 10% raise with all other locals on their salaries and housing.

4. I heard that new local f/o's (not the last batch) have "Call Sick" roster. How disgraceful. Why is a TRUTHFUL report not being sent to the MD by the ppl sitting in the Ops. Dept.? Buddie Buddies.

5. The local contractors and contractlings getting more and more perks.

Well I am sleepy, looking forward to another aggressive response from my fellow lonely friend who is being feed data by another. BTW, isn’t it illegal to attempt to flee a country with heli. parts belonging a company (not Brs) without permission? Heheheh Take that in your pipe and SMOKE IT.

I know the Senior Management (the top two upstairs) in Trinidad knows and have what it takes to make it Good. Bring back the good Brenfer Heaven/ Sansuker days, and the ability for all to work hard and ‘LIME’ as one family. I will transfer myself instantly.

I think this room is fun, I see most keeping its real except for Mr. Crashes. (My my, why did I type that!!!!!, I am going to be whipped!!!!) Hope all in Trini; Locals and Expats get your additional 10%. Your all are working hard, wish I could be there for the celebrations in December.

* Congratulations, I hear the chops of LNG is being echoed in TAB, FedEXXX some Benna Balls to me. Cheers!!!!!!!!!
:p

scottishterrier
19th Nov 2007, 11:14
Doubles-

That was beyond comprehension ! Are you using some sort of code ?

When you can string together a sentence come on back and state your case clearly.
The venom accusation has been levelled previously and rejected.

I have a clue as to what you are trying to say but dont be so vague.

$1000 dollars adequate for accomodation You Are Joking !

Why would or should anyone share accomodation with someone who is unknown to them or slum it just to fit the allowance. Some people I'm sure have higher expectations for there habitation. Why then are most drawn to Valsayn or the new developments at Trincity ?

Things were different when there was staff accom provided and crews had no cost. Bcl's theme of leaving crews to fend for themselves is deplorable, oh and the allowance is $1100 US

Everyones info comes from somewhere. It doesnt however make it wrong !
Get your facts right

ST

rotor212
19th Nov 2007, 13:04
Only five years.....man... you're still on bond...be quiet...and get it right, it's the Brenfra okay......for those of us (at the risk of exposing myself) who knew Bristow when it really was Bristow....

Doubles
19th Nov 2007, 17:56
thats funny, I had worked there for so long, man I left and still did not figure out how to spell that brenfra, never knew it was really an issue to learn to spell it, lol? What happened to that hotel anyway? Is it still there, I remember the owner, just cant realy recall his name. Dose brs. still have the same house keepers? I recalled a f/o who was killed in a car accident, who was he? Anyway, its night, my excuse off "checking the weather" isn't really holding up well. Chat soon guys, bye.:8

Doubles
19th Nov 2007, 18:02
Hey Rotors, forgot to say, welcome to the middle east. Will be close by there soon, down under right now, doing some personal business.

rotor212
20th Nov 2007, 01:42
See ya Kirpal...:)

scottishterrier
20th Nov 2007, 12:08
Rotortwit,

You are in the middle east ? WOW

Congrats Man !

Your mate Doubles is really living up to his claim of setting this discussion on Fire with a new unbiased viewpoint !

See ya soon

ST

rotor212
20th Nov 2007, 12:12
Are you there yet???? :cool:
Got one for you, but I'll have to tell you about it when I see you....(job anyone)...

Doubles
20th Nov 2007, 18:40
Hey Rotor or anyone else, is there any truth to the offshore reserves in TT being questioned at this time? Goodnight boys.:8

rotor212
20th Nov 2007, 23:23
I think someone had hinted to 12 yrs....but that was probably about :eek:12 yrs ago

QM
21st Nov 2007, 11:05
Oh dear trouble in paradise again :rolleyes:
I had a great time when at Galeota, until BHL won a huge contract in the North Sea and brought me back to Aberdeen :bored: Only spent 8 years trying to get back to Trini when that happened :hmm:
Sounds like the move up to Piarco and change in conditions isn't going down too well then :uhoh:

rotor212
21st Nov 2007, 20:19
My Friend,
It was nice to be at home when we moved to Piarco, but the Glory Days at Galeota are certainly gone...the company is nothing like you and I once knew. I doubt you'll find a single soul willing to go the extra mile....in a nut shell.....it's a SXXXHXXX....

ps. still riding...

QM
21st Nov 2007, 21:47
Shame really, nevermind, as they say all good things come to an end...guess that time has definitely come then :hmm:

QM
22nd Nov 2007, 08:56
Just found out JW is still the Managing Pilot there (I thought he retired to McD's a few years ago) :hmm:

For anyone joining the operation, just make sure you have everything agreed to in writing from him, otherwise that old amnesia trick may surface :rolleyes:

Several of us former BCL & BIAGLites were bitten by that little trick :ouch:

rotor212
22nd Nov 2007, 15:39
I guess it was just a matter of time before somebody said it.

QM
23rd Nov 2007, 07:30
Seeing that some others posts have been removed, I assume the thread has been moderated, I guess their claims were unsubstantiated :bored:

camelman
23rd Nov 2007, 14:13
No, it's probably because the truth can be a bit abrasive.

Post edited by SPlot: see my next post and think again before posting!

Senior Pilot

Senior Pilot
23rd Nov 2007, 15:53
Seeing that some others posts have been removed, I assume the thread has been moderated, I guess their claims were unsubstantiated

No, they were moderated for the very good reason that PPRuNe will not allow libelous posts.

I have given this thread a great deal of leeway for a while now, but enough is enough. I will not only close the thread, I will delete it entirely if there are any more repeats of posts naming individuals, or even hinting at names, in a manner that exposes PPRuNe. :=

scottishterrier
24th Nov 2007, 12:05
WELL !

QM,

You are correct, the man at the Helm of this sinking Ship is as stated.

There is a propensity to over use the "Captain" title !!!!! among the, no longer airborne heirarchy.

The rumours of abuses of company stationary is all too clear, apparent and obvious !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ST

QM
24th Nov 2007, 14:21
Hmm,

Well if there is actual evidence and witnesses, then an official report should be made to the UK HQ. They will investigate ;)

scottishterrier
25th Nov 2007, 12:29
The operation is under control from other than UK !

Now operating as the South American Business unit or part therof.

Allegations had been made through the " Hotline " and directly to the business Manager and an investigation undertaken.

The management apparently has the full confidence in the Operation as is, despite the concerns of the people "on the ground".

So thus all the negativety stated here.

What to do ?

ST

zalt
25th Nov 2007, 13:45
So ST the rumours / allegations have been investigated. 'The concerns on the ground' and your negativity seem misplaced. If those concerns were not backed with any evidence during an investigation than perhaps your motives in raising it here are dubious.

Moderator - you mentioned locking the thread. Now might be worth reconsidering that.

QM
25th Nov 2007, 15:43
Well, if everything was investigated then as Zalt says, not much point in talking about it.

The only options available are...

1. Accept the findings and get on with it
2. Walk

SirVivr
25th Nov 2007, 21:38
This thread has been a source of great amusement to those of us in Trinidad.
As we read the whinging and whining in Flt OPS, we can put a face on the poster. Not much different than when they were here.
I do agree that vindictive postings should not be allowed. Not much different than when they were here.
"As The Rotor Turns"
Regards,
SirVivr
Charlie Alexander

wazz'n'zoom
24th Oct 2008, 23:00
Been looking at the Bristows Bell 412 contract in Trinidad and Tobago that has been advertised on their site for ages. It pays nearly $9000US a month and yet they can't fill the position. What's the score?? A colleague who used to work there says they get shot at regularly, is this the reason?? Last time I visited it was a laid back place and an ideal place to work/retire to. Any thoughts?

jetA1pilot
25th Oct 2008, 17:04
Wazz, I Have An Ex Colleague Who Was There, Pm Me And I'll Try To Put U In Touch

wazz'n'zoom
26th Oct 2008, 14:46
JetA

Thanks, have made contact via PM and got more info and dirt to form a good opinion of the contract.

Thank god for honest open threads like this.

Wazz

bugdriver
26th Oct 2008, 14:50
So does that mean you are going to apply for a job there or are you not going to apply?

I may be interested as well, sometime in the near future.

roty
26th Oct 2008, 18:07
JMW retired , liked by many , hated by a few , respected by all....

wazz'n'zoom
26th Oct 2008, 22:43
Bugdriver- I don't think I'll apply just yet as I've got irons in other fires at the moment.

That said, I will continue to dig for more info on the contract so I know what I'm getting into.:suspect:

Wazz

chopperdropper
27th Oct 2008, 18:10
Anyone knows what happened to JMW?

Hope all is well folks

Hmmmmmmmm!

SirVivr
13th Nov 2008, 22:34
All:

Capt. James Wilhite has neither resigned nor been fired. He has lost his medical but retains the honorific as Capt. due to his long and dedicated service to the company, plus the respect of the pilots here.

When he took over as MD in 1995, we had three acft., and one contract. He has worked hard to bring us into the future. Twelve+ acft., and two permanent contracts with more Ad Hoc and probable future contracts.

His next position is still up in the air. Pun intended.

Yes, I have been his friend for 20 years.

Charlie Alexander
aka SirVivr

Owd Yella
4th May 2009, 16:06
I am thinking of working in Trinidad (currently Brit Mil instructor) and would like info on cost and quality of living. In fact, I have quite a few questions. Perhaps the most pressing is, having been ofered a tax-free salary, do I have to pay local taxes or will it be totally tax-free? I would be employed by a UK company.

The other question from Mrs O-Y is, are there any nice beaches etc? She can't seem to find many in brochures or on the web! It is important stuff, after all!

Grateful for any info/help.

Flying Bajan
6th May 2009, 12:22
Depends on your definition of a "nice beach". Mine involves white sand and blue water than you can see your feet in whilst wading, and there are none that fit that description in Trinidad... Tobago is a somewhat different story.

rileyemi
23rd Jun 2009, 14:19
Any info on what's going on down there, seems that someone is always looking for drivers. Didn't Bristow have a base down there for many years, I keep seeing Evergreen fishing for pilots.
Cheers
RM

leopold bloom
23rd Jun 2009, 19:23
Keep an eye on the AgustaWestland website:ok:

flysmart2
23rd Jun 2009, 19:35
Don't get exited, unless you are a Trinidad national, national of caricom, or Trinidad resident.

:ugh:

Flysmart2

chequePilot
25th Jun 2009, 18:31
Flysmart 2, I'm all three. When can I start???

flysmart2
25th Jun 2009, 22:55
ChequePilot;

Check your PM's information sent :ok:

Good Luck !

SARREMF
25th Jun 2009, 23:34
Leopard Bloom has it right. Watch the AW web site. Flysmart, your not quite correct.

Owd Yella

You know who to call. You wont get tax free salary you either get the equivalent of UK tax and the company your thinking of regularise your salary - but you retain all the UK benefits. Or, you pay T+T taxes which looks good at 25% but you lose all your state stuff on return. Swings and roundabouts. The package has changed a lot since you spoke - if you who I think you are.

w_ocker
2nd Aug 2009, 12:32
defence.professionals | defpro.com (http://www.defpro.com/news/details/8891/)
This what you meant???

leopold bloom
2nd Aug 2009, 13:27
Trinidad and Tobago Orders Four AW139 Helicopters | AgustaWestland (http://www.agustawestland.com/news/trinidad-and-tobago-orders-four-aw139-helicopters)
More here.

Heli-News
6th Aug 2013, 09:42
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/12556_10151586458268067_346939125_n.jpg

Flt Lt Kemba Protain of the Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard displays one of their Agusta Westland 139 helicopters to cadets gathered for the launch of the Royal Air Forces Association youth group at the RAFA T&T Flying Club, Queen’s Park East, in the Port-of-Spain.

Trinidad Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.tt/gallery/photos-day-august-5th-2013/rafa-1jpg)

shoreberry boy
1st Mar 2014, 14:15
I'm considering putting my name foreward for a position as a B1.3 engineer working on AW139's in Trinidad.
I've done a few short stints working outside of the UK (one in Nigeria and once in Cyprus) but I've never been to the Caribbean so don't really have any idea of what the working and living conditions will be down there.

I believe that the job will involve working on the coastguard helicopters and will be based at the main airport but apart from that, the only information that I've been supplied with is extremely sketchy.

Is there anyone who has worked in this neck of the woods (engineers or aircrew) who could give me an insight of what I could expect to find there with regards to both working standards and also the social side of life.

Thanks

SB.

Max Contingency
2nd Mar 2014, 09:10
Shawbury Boy

Trinidad has a murder rate 25 times higher than your home country and scored in the top 10 in a survey last year of places least welcoming to visitors in the world.

They are Air Guard helicopters and based at Piarco Airport which is a 55 minute drive from the main expat area in the capital city (Port of Spain).

The aircraft are on the Trinidad civilian register and FBH are taking over the operation of the AOC from Bristow who have finally conceded that trying to operate 4 military helicopters on an oil and gas AOC was really not a very clever thing to try.

shoreberry boy
3rd Mar 2014, 13:56
Thanks Max,

I think that it will all come down to the money that is being offered and what is given in the way of accomodation and the work cycle.
Being recently divorced and with no young kids, I don't have much holding me in the UK and fancy a bit of a change.

bhisham45
3rd Mar 2014, 16:18
trinituner.com ? Chopper Chat Thread (http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=292378)

there are lots of pages there to go true just scroll down and go next page

bhisham45
3rd Mar 2014, 16:26
there are a couple of helicopters company there in trinidad

National Helicopter Services Limited

Bristow

National Security Operations Centre (NSOC)

Air Guard

Briko Air Services

bhisham45
7th Mar 2014, 13:26
photo (http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/download/file.php?id=246697&mode=view)

helisniper
7th Mar 2014, 22:23
I rarely post, but then again I've rarely heard such rubbish.

I hear there's some interesting flying, it's better place to live than the sandpit and once the zero's have gone it'll be good!

bhisham45
8th Mar 2014, 12:22
(Shoreberry Boy,

Personally, my advice would be that if you are considering going to work on the FBH/Airguard contract, don't.

Trinidad is one of those places that has the "it's the Caribbean, so it must be lovely there" myth surrounding it but the reality is that it's far from being an island paradise.

Apart from the murder and crime rate as stated by Max Contingency, as an expat you are always going to be looked down on by the senior Airguard officials, one in particular who has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't think that there is any need for outsiders to look after "his" helicopters (he was not quite this polite when he stated his opinion to the Bristow chief engineer)

I was only there for about a year, but was more than happy to leave the place and from what I can gather, the current crop of expatriate engineers there are queuing up to leave and if this is the case, you have to ask yourself why.

Nigeria has a bad reputation but in all honesty, once you take the money and working environment into consideration, I would strongly that you see if you could get a job here instead.)

at present i am living here in trinidad all over has murder crime and it does have a Caribbean side to the place nice beaches
Nigeria has a lot more violence side to trinidad
so whats the problem
a bad boss at the air guard i never heard any one complain
and now the air guard in trinidad has grown much bigger

bhisham45
31st Mar 2014, 00:42
https://www.pilothiring.com/pilot-jobs/Helicopter-Pilots-6075.html

First Officer Bell 412 Helicopter Pilots

Position: First Officer
Job Type: Charter
Primary Aircraft :
Bell 412 Total Time : 50
Agusta AW139 Total Time : 50
Sikorsky S-76 Total Time : 50

Minimum Pay: N/A
Maximum Pay: N/A

Flight Time Requirements Snapshot

Total Flight Time: 500
Pilot In Command: 100
Turbine PIC: N/A
Multi Engine: 250
Actual Instrument: N/A

Job Description

To operate assigned aircraft in the safest most cost effective and customer oriented manner adhering to all applicable regulatory bodies and the company Operations Manual.
Minimum Requirements

Qualifications·
T&T ATPL (H) Instrument Rated - current for the last two years
· Minimum total hours – 3000
· Total hours in Command (H) - 1500
· Total hours in Command Multi engine (H) – 1200
· Total Hours on Bell 412, S76C++, AW 139 or total hours in a similar aircraft complexity type - 500
· Total hours in command on Bell 412, S76C++ or AW 139 – 100
· Bell 412, S76C++ or AW 139 endorsements
· Current CRM, Dangerous Goods, HUET & Aviation Security Training· Valid Medical Class 1
· Previous offshore flying experience would be an asset

Raacha
8th Jun 2014, 08:27
Hey guys.

I am seriously thinking of going to work with the Trinidad-FBH Cobham contract as a licensed engineer B1.3 and AW139 helicopters

Really I have no idea of the conditions of the contract, when start the operation, economic and housing conditions, nothing, but Trinidad and Tobago is a site that attracts me.

Please if anyone has information I would appreciate the posting in the forum.

Greetings and thanks.