PDA

View Full Version : Instructing in Africa

nibbio86
6th Sep 2007, 03:48
Good day. This is a post a little bit different from those submitted by others low-times. I`m an european training in Australia,and I`m at the moment getting a CPL with NVFR and Grade III Instructor Rating. What are the opportunities to get an instructor/charter pilot job in Africa,and what are the best places to go? I`ve read many times about Maun,Botswana. Would the instructor rating be an advantege for me as I could perform two jobs? What are others place to look,also considering visas issues?

Best regards

nibbio86
31st Oct 2007, 02:22
I've posted this thread some time ago,and as I am serious about the opportunity to come in Africa to look for my first flying job, any advice would be really appreciated about the questions above. Thank you.

Alternate Law
31st Oct 2007, 06:48
Despite the beginning of an instructor shortage in South Africa, you will still struggle to get a work permit (unless of course, you do it the african way...)

Get hold of one of the companies that deal with the Home Affairs debacle, and get the process rolling. If you get the work permit, you will get a job with an instructor's rating, although a validation on an aussie licence may only see you operating temporarily, pending writing the SA subjects.

Contact the SA CAA on +2711 545 1000, ask for licencing and pose your question.

Voel
31st Oct 2007, 17:26
I know that Namibia is looking for some flight instructors. PM me if you require more info

nibbio86
1st Nov 2007, 06:19
I'm not looking for a job only in South Africa, I'm speaking about the countries which are often nominated here and where it should be easier to get a working permit (Namibia, Kenya, Botswana, Tanzania and so on). I would like to have just the big picture: is that realistic to begin my pilot/instructor career in these places? However thank you for the replies.