View Full Version : BRAL merger into BA Citi Express

Beechcomber
28th Aug 2001, 00:57
Gidday all,

I'd really like to know if anyone has any solid info with respect to the seniority lists at the new BA Citi Express.
I'm a new hire and have been told that I (like others) will be accommodated on the BA command seniority list???????
I realize that there could be / is a good deal of frustration from within the ranks of Brymon and probably BA mainline following the merger.
Questions like 'Where on earth am I now on the seniority list?' and 'I've been a First Officer at BRAL / Brymon for 2 years, is this DE Captain now ahead of me on seniority?'.
So my question is this.........where do the new hires sit on the ammended seniority list - ie are they climbing the ladder at the same rate as the existing crew?
Possibly an answer to this question is yet to be forthcoming.
With so many crew involved, I hope there is a satisfactory outcome for all.

Cheers
Beech :p

LAVDUMPER
28th Aug 2001, 01:04
Beechcomber,

Which aircraft did you get posted to? I'd personally want to fly the 145 - quite a beautiful aircraft!

Not certain about the above seniority issue.

Cheers

Foster
28th Aug 2001, 01:04
Plenty of chat about this on the BACE private forum. If you are a BACE employee, get the password from the moderator and ask the question there.

Beechcomber
28th Aug 2001, 01:13
Gidday Lav,

No, flying the best of British. Nice to be on the EMB, but having a crack at the ATP initially.
Thanks for the message Foster, I am in between the successful interview and the ground course start - no access to the BACE forum at this time unfortunately.

Bye :cool:

Deadleg
29th Aug 2001, 01:49
I'm with Brymon(well you know what I mean!) and I can say that the 2 camps are split at the moment over the issue of seniority(whats new).
BUT, I would like to know who has told you that we will be on the BA list because TDLF(GFMO) has told me, in response to a direct question after many beers that what you believe is nonsense.
Welcome to the company anyway & I hope he was lieing, or in the eloquent words of Mr Elwood Blues, "took the liberty of bulls@itting me".

Carnage Matey!
29th Aug 2001, 02:08
For what its worth no BACE pilots are currently on the BA master seniority list and as far as I am aware there are no plans to add them to it.

Beechcomber
29th Aug 2001, 13:06
Carnage and deadleg,

Thanks for the posts. Sounds like there is a good deal of uncertainty and speculation out there still.
Not to worry, I've taken alot of what I've heard thus far with a grain of salt. Great if it happens, but .....too bad, how sad, never mind.....if it doesn't.
See you around fellas / fellases....
All the best.

Cheers
Beech :D