PDA

View Full Version : KD Avia

flyin_phil
5th Sep 2007, 11:17
hi, does anyone know any information about KD avia from lgw?

this seemed the best thread to post on, correct me if im wrong :)

im flying with them in a few weeks and wondering if anyone knows what theyre like, reliable, what aircraft type and if its free seating ir not?
all info is much appreciated. its an airline ive never heard of at all, but it seems the cheapest to russia.

many thanks.
phil

ConstantFlyer
5th Sep 2007, 21:38
KD Avia is the airline of the Kaliningrad enclave of Russia, sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania. It has recently acquired a load of 737s (including some former GO ones), registered in Ireland.

Kaliningrad is being promoted now by the Russian goernment as a transport hub between western Europe and points in Russia.

Hope you have a good trip on them - I'd be interested to hear about it when you get back. Where in Russia are you heading to?

flyin_phil
6th Sep 2007, 10:39
im actually going to UFA via Kalliningrad with KD again. then going down to a town called Sterlitamak. im looking forward to it actually, a new experience in all.
i will let u know how the airline is when i get back on 30th sept.
im quite glad theyre 737's not russian built because im a bit nervous of the tupolev's :uhoh:. no im sure theyre quite safe, but i like to stick with smth i know. lol
phil

flyin_phil
30th Sep 2007, 20:54
hi guys, those who asked to know about my trip via KD Avia..

started off well from lgw apart from the check-in.. i asked to sit behind the wing - they gave me LGW - KGD 10A, KGD - UFA 05F :uhoh: funny behind wing lol.

fortunatly there were only 18 pax on board so i sat where i wanted, asked the crew and they let me.
the flight to kaliningrad was good, nice russian food and sweets for take-off and landing. the stewaresses couldnt speak english but they had time to chat so i was teaching them a bit (i saw one of them today before my return flight, she remembered me and waved :\ im in love haha, no im kidding but she was beautiful). it was an old type of 737-300 i guess, the old style manual tuning radio on arm rest :}.
2nd leg of journey was a little different, boarded as usual and took off on time, trying very hard to understand the captain's english but it sounded like we were going to UFA.. around the time of landing, the captain said something in rusglish (russian english), all i caught was "samara UFA because bad weather".... so we landed in samara, completly different airport and i had no idea what was going on, no help by anyone.. i was sleeping on a cold metal seat for over 7hrs until a german passenger kindly told me our plane is ready again.. so we boarded and the best take off ever, super quick and up abruptly. :p:p 30 misn later we were in UFA and my poor girlfriend waiting there 7hrs for me.

the return was a bit better.. except check-in.. i asked for the same as on way out, behind wing and i got..... wait for it..... 15F, 05F :{:{

still empty flight again so i was happy.. got to kaliningrad on-time, then delayed half hour for lgw flight.. we boarded that eventually then captain came on saying we had to wait about 45 mins for a late moscow flight with london bound pax (in a way thats good that they will wait). also delayed for same reason was barcelona and rome for same pax.
got to lgw 2hrs late, but still a very enjoyable flight, and i would use them again. landings were great and smooth, even in rain..
the flights were cheap £200 rtn compared with £350 rtn via moscow with other airlines.
still rather check-in online and choose the seats myself but besides that, theyre very good, and the planes look good on outside.

wake up guys, im finished now :zzz::p:p:p

phil