PDA

View Full Version : Tranferring roster from Outlook to PDA - problems

Ropey Pilot
5th Sep 2007, 10:41
Can anyone help me:sad:

I have my roster in outlook - downloaded via 3rd party software. No problems there - it has my report times sector times etc - all listed as appointments.

When I sync to my phone they transfer without any problems - I can look at tommorrow - 1st item is report a x time and so on.

When I sync with my PDA it all goes horribly wrong! The items are no longer listed as appointments - they are converted to 'all day events' for some reason. I now have an all day event as 'report' - absolutely useless - and since the sector times were also simply the 'appointment' times they have all gone too. It also tends to shift some sectors by a day or so, so I can have nothing listed today, then 7 sectors tomorrow (no I don't work low cost:})

I have tried deleting the partnership, deleting all the info then re-establishing - it worked once, a few months ago - all the times came back; but no more.

Am I missing something obvious?

As far as I can see since it works with my phone the data in outlook is fine - that leaves the sync software or the pda software.

It is an old pda - ipaq 2490 I think running pocket win 2003
I am using: activesync 4.2.0 - which I believe is the latest
outlook 2002
the info was imported as a vcal file if it makes any difference

I realise that several hunderd pounds of upgrading to the latest of everything would probably solve the issue - but all I want is to transfer my calender from my pc to my pda - not too much to ask surely?:\

Ropey Pilot
5th Sep 2007, 11:21
Now I'm really confused:confused:

Just thought I would manually add an appointment - tranferred fine.

So I then opened one of the sectors on the PC and saved it - nothing.
I then opened it, checked the 'all day' box (which was empty - appointment times were there), un-checked it and saved it - transferred fine!:eek:

So if I open each appointment, mess with it, put it back as it was and save it it transfers!

There seems to be some sort of 'phantom' selection of the 'all-day appointment' box which my PDA picks up on, but not my phone or my PC:uhoh:

bnt
5th Sep 2007, 19:58
There seems to be some sort of 'phantom' selection of the 'all-day appointment' box which my PDA picks up on, but not my phone or my PC:uhoh:
That was my first thought - something got lost or misread during the importation process in to Outlook.

Ropey Pilot
11th Sep 2007, 10:19
Some advice from elsewhere was to use the .csv (comma seperated value) format rather than the vcal for the import.

Seems to have done the trick (although I still don't know why it worked on the phone before)