PDA

View Full Version : 1st E jet Delivered to VB

mebro
5th Sep 2007, 09:26
First Embraer 170 Jet is Delivered to Virgin Blue
05-September-07 : Embraer

(Sao Jose dos Campos, September 3, 2007) -- Embraer delivered the first EMBRAER 170 jet to Australia's Virgin Blue Airlines Pty Ltd., during a ceremony held at Company headquarters in Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil. Virgin Blue has six firm orders for the EMBRAER 170 and 14 for the EMBRAER 190. The E-Jets will be the backbone of the airline's expansion.

In November 2006, Virgin Blue placed an initial order for three EMBRAER 170 and 11 EMBRAER 190. In April 2007, the airline reinforced its confidence in the fleet expansion strategy based on the E-Jets by confirming three EMBRAER 170 options and three EMBRAER 190 purchase rights, for the current total of 20 firm orders. The company also has three options for the EMBRAER 190 and 17 purchase rights.

"We are thrilled to be able to make this first delivery to Virgin Blue," said Frederico Fleury Curado, Embraer President and CEO. "Virgin Blue is setting new standards in Oceania with its New World Carrier branding, and their decision further demonstrates the worldwide versatility of the E-Jets applications. I'm very pleased that Virgin Blue rates the E-Jets as 'A New Sensation', clearly showing the qualities the aircraft will bring to their sophisticated competitive environment."

Virgin Blue's EMBRAER 170 jets are configured with 78 seats, and the EMBRAER 190 jets with 104 seats, both in a comfortable single-class configuration. The EMBRAER 190 will be the first of the family, in the world, to fly under the ETOPS (Extended-range Twin-engine Operational Performance Standards) certification, starting in the first semester of 2008. This certification allows aircraft to safely operate on direct flights over large uninhabited areas, such as oceans and deserts, and is one more example of the high technological level of Embraer's E-Jets.

PA39
5th Sep 2007, 09:42
:)I wonder if Joey Johns is going to drive it??

KRUSTY 34
5th Sep 2007, 10:39
Might as well,

There are few pilots left!

Bendo
5th Sep 2007, 10:51
PA39
Poor old Joey!
You know his depression is really caused by his Illiteracy?

He can count OK but when reciting the alphabet he can never go past the E.

Hungry Jack's in Newcastle have released a new Joey Meal Deal - no burger, no chips, just coke and Ice.

:D

mr.tos
6th Sep 2007, 08:27
Lol.

Have VB started interviewing people yet?

sinala1
6th Sep 2007, 08:36
VH-ZHA @ Manaus - Eduardo Gomes (MAO / SBEG) (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1259596/M/)

DJCCGuy
6th Sep 2007, 09:48
Apparently Live2Air wont be installed on the embraers? Does anyone know if any other form of IFE is planned for these new a/c? Maybe prerecorded entertainment?
It seems a shame that there will be inconsistant product offerings now, especially with embraers being scheduled to operate some flights (not many) on the main routes including BNE SYD.

sinala1
6th Sep 2007, 12:28
DJCCGuy doing my amendments today I was wondering the same thing - why is all the live2air stuff is specific to the B737 - I was under the impression from the initial info given to us that the EMB were to come with live2air? I wonder if the ongoing difficulties and payload restrictions SkyAirWorld have experienced with the Honiara route using their EMB170 have given the VB Flight Ops & Commercial departments the willies in regards to extra weight onboard? The live2air stuff isnt light.... but I wouldnt have thought there would be that much of an issue - unless the EMB170's are to do long Western Australian sectors - need to carry plenty of fuel when there is bad wx in PER? Just throwing out ideas here.....

Capn Bloggs
6th Sep 2007, 12:50
Judging by the size of the effing big hump on the back of the 737s, I imagine the poor old (young) jungle jet couldn't even get off the ground with it. And you'll need all the payload weight you can get to beat the incumbent 115 seaters...:}

yowie
6th Sep 2007, 13:10
wont be a prob bloggs when the 114 seaters arrive:}

pilotdude09
6th Sep 2007, 14:44
I cant understand why DJ done something like this anyway, Australia simply doesnt have the satelitte coverage to cover the whole of Australia.

They would have been better off putting a free AVOD system similar to QF's in. Or a similar style to how you swipe your card and pay for AVOD, more reliable and a better offering for the consumer.

Bit silly how they have done that.

anawanahuanana
6th Sep 2007, 21:49
From what I've heard, I believe that there will be no Live TV on the EMB's because the aircraft is not big enough to accept the antenna that is fitted to the 73s. A smaller antenna would have to be fitted, which would reduce coverage even further. Seeing as how the larger antenna on the Boeing is struggling to pick anything up, there is no point putting it on the EMB.
As for why it was installed on anything in the first place, you may want to look to your illustrious leader whose initials may or may not be BG. LTV is his baby, and was installed after almost everybody else in the company suggested it wasn't the smartest move. VB like to be innovative if nothing else. Shame the product is a joke......:ugh:

sinala1
6th Sep 2007, 22:36
They would have been better off putting a free AVOD system similar to QF's in. Or a similar style to how you swipe your card and pay for AVOD, more reliable and a better offering for the consumer.

Recently movies have been added to the line-up on longer sectors. The movie (at this stage only one) is stored onboard the aircraft, and commences about 15 mins after take off... It will be great if this concept gets further rolled out :ok:

For eg, it would be great if there were a way they could have a morning/afternoon news bulletin downloaded via satellite straight to the aircraft, and have it commence once the system is turned on after the safety demo? Maybe some Fox 8/Discovery/Lifestyle channel/Animal Planet stuff could all be stored onboard and watched as a VOD concept?

Launch_code_Harry
6th Sep 2007, 23:06
it would be great if there were a way they could have a morning/afternoon news bulletin downloaded via satellite straight to the aircraft, and have it commence once the system is turned on after the safety demo?
Everything that's old is new again, just a different name - it used to called the news tape.

sinala1
6th Sep 2007, 23:09
Haha yeah Harry I am familiar with that concept :E I just thought this could be a potentially easier way of doing it!

Launch_code_Harry
6th Sep 2007, 23:17
No problem, it was tongue in cheek! :)

sinala1
7th Sep 2007, 00:26
And thats the way I interpreted it :} In all seriousness though, I wonder how easy it would be to download stuff to the a/c via satellite when the a/c are on turnaround?

DJCCGuy
7th Sep 2007, 08:10
How do QF get their 'inflight news' delivered to each of their a/c through out the day??
DJ should atleast screen something on the live2air for free...an inflight news bulletin would be something simple and easy sinala I agree. Then everyone can just watch that to occupy themselves for a short amount of time and stop complaining that they have to pay. And anyone else who wants to use the LiveTV service can pay for it (if it is working)

And one would of thought they would of put the Safety Demo on the screens by now...any idea if this is happening anytime soon? Would be a great idea and would allow for the supervisors to get an extra 3 minutes or so during that time to fill in that ever increasing amount of paperwork, plus would be a way to ensure consistancy in the Safety Demo and stop some of these CS's including ridiculous jokes in the demo that by now surely they must know is unacceptable...

JetRacer
7th Sep 2007, 11:11
Yowie wrote:

wont be a prob bloggs when the 114 seaters arrive

Except Virgin are only configuring them for 104 seats .....:suspect::ooh:

Courtesy 'The Australian':

Virgin Flags Doubling its fleet of Embraer Regional Jets (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22350539-23349,00.html)

:uhoh::{