PDA

View Full Version : Jet Star Direct Entry Captains

Frogman1484
5th Sep 2007, 09:21
Hi Guys just spotted the ad for Jet Star in Oz. They are looking for direct entry captains for the 787. Bases Melbourne and Sydney. Does anyone know what they are paying etc.

Numero Crunchero
5th Sep 2007, 10:12
Guesstimate is around $150K.

Frogman1484
5th Sep 2007, 11:33
Thanks Mate...wow cannot believe how crap the contract it.

cunninglinguist
5th Sep 2007, 12:55
Froggy, with a bit of O/T etc, should end up with circa 170-180, but yeh, still crap for a widebody command.
Things will definitely get better next year with new EBA ( a la VB ) but if you're a 777 skipper ( which I'm assuming you are to qualify for DEC 787 ) and in honkers, chances are you will probably be on double the net pay Jetstar are offering :uhoh:

Frogman1484
5th Sep 2007, 23:27
I cpuld not believe that they only have 2 weeks leave a year...combined with your 5 days off a month...woha!!

Frogman1484
6th Sep 2007, 23:24
Thanks Direct...You know there is a fine line between quality of life and earning good money. I'm sorry to say but Jetstars A330 contract gives neither. It will be interested to see what the current pilot shortage is going to do to the Australian carriers.

I have read somewhere that apparently there are none or very few youngsters training to become a pilot in OZ. Partly because the cost of training is so high and the salaries are so low and partly because you can go and flip burgers on the mines for more money.

I also believe that a few EK drivers left the sand pit for Jetstar only to leave again due to the missing of lifestyle.

Personally if they offered better humane terms I would be there like a flash...too many compromises so far

Frogman1484
7th Sep 2007, 06:05
All they need to do is fix a few issues and you will have all of the pilots floking home.