PDA

View Full Version : Goats sacrificed to 'fix' airlines plane troubles

Pedota
5th Sep 2007, 08:31
A novel way to sort out maintenance problems . . .

Goats sacrificed to 'fix' airlines plane troubles

Nepal Airlines has acknowledged that it sacrificed two goats to appease a Hindu god following a spate of technical problems with one of its aircraft.

The goats were slaughtered in front of the Boeing 757 at Kathmandu airport.

The persistent faults have not been specified but they had led to the postponement of a number of flights.

An airline official says after the ceremony, the plane successfully took off to Hong Kong.

"The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," said Raju KC, a senior airline official, without explaining what the problem had been.

Local media last week blamed the company's woes on an electrical fault.

It is common in Nepal to sacrifice animals like goats and buffaloes to appease different Hindu deities.

- BBC/Reuters

Buster Hyman
5th Sep 2007, 09:03
Qantas just sacrifices Engineers...:ooh:

satos
5th Sep 2007, 09:07
One word,BARBARIC.

RENURPP
5th Sep 2007, 09:43
Qantas just sacrifices Engineers

One word,BARBARIC

I don't know about that, although I personally prefer to sacrafice a flight attendant...................:E

Yusef Danet
6th Sep 2007, 03:52
Now if we could only find a virgin to sacrifice....

kiwi chick
6th Sep 2007, 03:57
Best to look OUTSIDE the cabin then... :ooh:

KC ;)

doorstop
6th Sep 2007, 04:28
It is not only an Asian custom. There are a couple of "goats" running a major Auatralian company that are about to get sacrificed at the Workplace Ombudsman alter.

MikeJulietHotel
6th Sep 2007, 04:30
Kiwi Chick said:

"Best to look OUTSIDE the cabin then... :ooh:"

Don't know about that. I heard a woman on Melbourne Centre the other day insisting that she was "Virgin 647". She didn't sound like she was 12 either;)...and she sounded like she was in the cockpit! Didn't know there were that many of them around. I've never been able to find them.

MJH

Buster Hyman
6th Sep 2007, 05:24
insisting that she was "Virgin 647"
They should issue them with Certificates of Authenticity. It'd make it a lot easier I reckon....

kiwi chick
6th Sep 2007, 05:45
Or a sealed stamp, Buster? Wax perhaps? :E :oh: :oh: :ooh:

must stop here before getting kicked off...

mustafagander
6th Sep 2007, 07:11
i just knew Qantas maintenance was better when the secret handshake prevailed, I just knew it.

If we have to sacrifice a goat, we will be RUINED, mark my words.

How about a sheep or two??

carpe_jugulum
7th Sep 2007, 03:06
Don't any of you realise the Freemasons may be behind this!

Goats - so many uses, so little time.....:E

Buster Hyman
7th Sep 2007, 05:07
How about a sheep or two??
Lets not bring Air New Zealand into this just yet ok...

jumpuFOKKERjump
7th Sep 2007, 06:31
One word,BARBARIC. As long as somebody enjoyed themselves eating it afterwards and they dispatched it reasonably thoughtfully, who gives a ****e!

Islander Jock
7th Sep 2007, 07:46
At the risk of sounding culturally insensitive - this is a great idea for your next 100 hourly. Just grab goat, lamb or whatever and "voila" all SBs, ADs and MR snags magically disappear. :}

TINTIN25
8th Sep 2007, 10:47
Maybe Qantas needs to follow their lead and sacrifice some Kangaroos to solve their maintanance issues!

Led Zep
9th Sep 2007, 02:00
How about a Wagga Wagga Terrier?

Slasher
10th Sep 2007, 03:00
Cuttin the throats of 2 goats in front of an aircraft rectifys electrical snags. Theres a lot that engineers dont tell us.

But WE know sacraficing beancounters rectifys pilot-retention problems too.

Capt Wally
10th Sep 2007, 11:42
................where the poor hapless creatures throats cut by man or where they offered an work place agreement & they slit their own throats!............ya gotta wonder that these airlines are running around the same airspace as the rest of the non killing airlines !

Capt wally :-)