PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines- learning anything from the past?

555orange
5th Sep 2007, 01:03
Is China Airlines a good place to work? Do they like having foreigners around? I have worked in Asia in the past and I would like to come and try a contract again. Problem is I only hear bad things about CAL. From what I hear, like many Asian Carriers with ASIAN management they are handicapped by their very rich but authoritarian and memory based culture. ...Do they lack any kind of critical thinking or good judgement like I experienced before? A friend of mine that worked there was disciplined for telling the Capt he was tired and "prefferred" not to operate the leg on a 4 crew 15 hour flight. In N. America, the other boys would jump at the opportunity to get a leg. Also he says that they don't integrate english into the operation very well for international crews. Like ... phone the office and the answ machine is in mandarin and not English. Is that true? Just want to get to the details. Please tell me all the reasons not to work there. Thanks!

RFN
5th Sep 2007, 03:43
You've answered your own question...

TWN PPL
5th Sep 2007, 08:04
Cal Has Improved Some What From The Past. But.. What Advantage Are You Looking At Working For Cal?
If You Have The Command Experience And Widebody Rating On The Aircraft Of Your Choice. (and Transpacific Flight Etc,.) Don't Waste Your Time.
Need The Experience... Fly Different Equipment. Then This Is A Good Opportunity For You And Use It As A Stepping Stone For Something Better Down The Line.