PDA

View Full Version : Australia fines GF

gulfboy
4th Sep 2007, 19:15
This just out on the Sydney Morning Herald web-page...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/airline-fined-for-flouting-curfew/2007/09/04/1188783236822.html

Send the bill to Jimbo in AUH!

Che Guevara
4th Sep 2007, 20:14
Gulf Air late...nooo, don't believe a word of it ;)

sirwa69
5th Sep 2007, 06:00
I have, in the past, had to spend a night in Melbourne because the poor little dears in Sydney were all safely tucked up in bed. This caused me to miss seeing a mate who I hadn't seen for years and have still not been able to rearrange.

I think that all major airlines should stop flying to Sydney untill it get's itself sorted out:ugh:
Time to tell the wimps to put up with it or install double glazing. Sydney needs to be able to offer landing and takeoff all night if it wants to be part of the modern world. :mad:

On On

Lord Flashhart
5th Sep 2007, 06:15
Poor Diddums,

Missed out on seeing a mate so ........ let's get the world to stop flying to Sydney.

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Bombay HF
5th Sep 2007, 07:16
So do you intend to write to the operators of LHR and tell them to get into the real world? Everybody else manages to make the curfew in Sydney. I think the problems were of GFs making.

sirwa69
5th Sep 2007, 07:45
I was not defending Gulf Air. Their problem, their lookout!

I was making a point that airports are major capital investments as well as being extremely important to the economy of their cities/countries and therefore should not be hindered from working 24 hours a day.

After all we try to run the aircraft 24 hours a day.

Most of the worlds major airports, Sydney included, were built in sparsley populated parts of their city and the sprawl came to meet them.
People who bought or built houses near these airports got them cheap as there is a nuisance factor. They had a choice and made it, why do we now allow them to dictate to us the aviation professionals and travellers when we can travel. :mad::mad:

It's time to grab back the power from the soft, southern, shandy drinking, tree hugging, bearded, folk singing, unwashed, green tossers :ugh::ugh:

On On

Oh and before someone yelps "I bet you don't live next to an airport" I do :}
I live approx 3 km from an airport that does operate all night, dosen't bother me in the least. :}

Desert Diner
5th Sep 2007, 08:14
The second part of this article just sounds sureal. I had to look at the date to make sure it wasn't writen on April 1:rolleyes:

The penalty was for two breaches of the prohibition on taking off or landing between 11pm and 6am.

Both incidents took place in 2005, the first at 11.14pm on July 30, and the next at 11.28pm on August 20.

The departure of both aircraft had been delayed because of mechanical repairs.

"There is a need for adequate punishment that reflects the seriousness of the breach, particularly the second offence of flying over the highly populated areas at 11.25pm and later. This is an offence where there are real and genuine victims - those persons who expect to have eventual peace from aircraft noise," Mr Heilpern said.

I could just imagine. "Sorry folks, but I have some good news and some bad news. Our small problem has been fixed but as it's slightly after 11PM we have been given a takeoff slot of 6AM"

Give me a break.:ugh:

BusTie
5th Sep 2007, 08:14
The fine is around $175,000 for two cases. They are claiming that by charging the airline they are protecting the poor people around the airport. Now it would be fair enough if they devided the $175,000 among those houses that were affected.

Spirit
5th Sep 2007, 09:32
Actually, I cannot for the love of God think of any GF-plane, that wouldn't have qualified to have been late into Sydney, since they are ALL in dire need of major mechanical repairs before departure :p

CAYNINE
7th Sep 2007, 03:45

Mascot sparsly populated.............. you ever looked at a map of Syd and where KSA is?

Maybe when Captain Cook sailed HMS Endeavour it was.

Airports all around the world have curfews for a lot of reasons, some good some bad, but never the less they are there and Airlines know about them and adhere to the restriction. (most)

Got fined..... tough, not the first, not the last.

ironbutt57
7th Sep 2007, 04:45
Put 100fils in the phone and call someone who gives a ****

maddog62
7th Sep 2007, 05:23
the crew did not realise it needed to post a "push back" request with Sydney Air Traffic Control

Nor had they asked for taxi clearance,

:confused::confused::confused:

mad

Bombay HF
8th Sep 2007, 05:42
I don't get your point IB:confused:

NO FD NO SRS
9th Sep 2007, 00:40
It seems like judge heard about the new package too and decided to get a peice for his CAA.