PDA

View Full Version : Anyone applied to QATAR lately?

SpamCanDriver
4th Sep 2007, 16:32
Hi was just wondering if anyone had applied to QATAR lately as I did a week or so ago. If you did how long till you heard back? if you have at all

Harry1959
6th Sep 2007, 03:49
From the day you applied until your interview it will be arround two months.

flufdriver
8th Sep 2007, 18:18
Be patient SpamCanDriver!

About 15 years ago I interviewed with EVA, the interview went ok, after it was over, I left with the understanding that i would hear from them.

I didn't hear anything for 2 months and I finally accepted another appointment. The night following the day of my acceptance of the other job, EVA called in the middle of the night to offer me a 767 left seat, when I told them that since I had not heard from them for such a long time I had made another commitment and therefore had to decline their offer they were surprised, they said that I should have known that my interview was successful as they had sent me for ID pictures before my departure.

I often wonder how different my life would be had I chosen to go with EVA.

The point is that even modern airlines have trouble communicating effectively.

Good luck!

fluf

fastfly69
24th Sep 2007, 16:13
Hi Guys,
applyed in june 07, received the form to be filled in beginning of september... not yet sent to them... I'm not sure about my real intention to go there:rolleyes:

Bad Robot
24th Sep 2007, 16:43
Fluf,

not arf!;)
I had a similar thing happen with Air Mauritius, Photo's, application for work permits etc. Guess what? PFO 3 weeks later.:{

BR.

Riker
24th Sep 2007, 19:06
Avoid Qatar - the CEO is a dictator.... I have heard bad things from people who formerly worked there and "escaped." EK and Etihad, while not much better, are at least preferrable if you absoultely must live in the Middle East.

fastfly69
24th Sep 2007, 19:56
I've heard too some bad reports from people flying there.... that's one of the reasons why I'm not sure to sent back to them my fullfilled application form.
Do you guys have any fresh reports about living there, money, careers and "industrial clima" ?

Luke SkyToddler
25th Sep 2007, 12:04
Kind of hard to find any balanced views on QR round here, as soon as the word is mentioned, seems that the same 3 or 4 guys rear their heads to trash talk the place and anyone who doesn't claim to hate it.

However someone has recently posted a lengthy and well balanced post over on the Fragrant Harbour forums in a thread entitled "CX or QR", have a look at that.