* UK Captains basic salaries raised by over 5% to £60,000
* UK Captains sector pay raised by over 6%
* Luton Captains to receive a £2000 market adjustment
* UK First Officers basic salary and sector pay raised by 2.7%
* UK Second Officers basic salary and sector pay raised by 2.7%
* Personal liability cover up to a value of £125,000
* Medical payments in line with CAA recommendations
* Tax adjustment for Simulator Instructors

It is widely rumoured that the Pilot Council (an unlected body set up by the company to carry out negotiations) had originally pressed for a 17% rise, to bring easyJet pilots onto a par with colleagues in similar airlines. Much research was carried out to arrive at this figure, and the lack of a final salary pension scheme, the manner in which easyJet pilots are rostered to the limits of CAP371, the volume of night flying, and other factors, were considered.

The PC were presented with one package, which was rejected. Thus, the deal above is rather better than that originally propsed by the company.

It has come as a huge disappointment to see that this company, which claims to be innovative, has done the bare minimum it can to come up to par with the latest deal at Go, and has failed to carry out its previously stated aim of leading the market place in pilot pay and conditions.

In particular, First Officers will feel much undervalued as they receive only a tiny rise, and continue to receive a lower allowance towards medical fees. It is acknowledged, though, that Go set the trend in valuing their pilot according to seat occupied.

Scottish 'based' pilots, who spend much time nightstopping in hotels in Luton, will be asking themselves what is so special about Luton-based Captains that they deserve an aditional allowance, and one presumes that Luton-based FOs are not subject to the same 'market conditions' as their colleagues.

Meanwhile, the company has recently reduced night-stop allowances in some locations, and the number of night-stops has been reduced dramatically (these being replaced by night 'splits', to the consternation of bleary-eyed pilots). There has been comment from some that when this is taken into account, First Officers will expect to see a decline in their take-home pay, despite the deal.

So, if you are considering a move to the orange wonderland, bear the above in mind, as it gives another true indication of the company's attitude towards its pilots.

[This message has been edited by Moving mud (edited 13 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Moving mud (edited 13 April 2001).]

Fly_by_night
14th Apr 2001, 01:09
Hey, Moving Mud,

Many thanks for this information!
I'm receiving so many e-mails from Joyce Lineham, that I am about to fall from our blue (black for me...) skies directly into the orange wonderland.

Doesn't look like a good deal...

take care when rocking the boat. Cheers.

Joe Ninety
14th Apr 2001, 13:58
Correct me if I'm wrong MM, but I thought Easy's philosophy used to be, like Ryanair's, that you made the money on sector pay after starting from a comparatively low basic? I'd be interested to hear what the new deal will mean in terms of the bottom line of the pay slip, based on a typical EZY roster - How much will Skippers and F/Os be taking home now?

[This message has been edited by Joe Ninety (edited 14 April 2001).]

ex DOUBLECHECK
14th Apr 2001, 19:31
FO 2700-2900. New paydeal should give me 50 (YES< THE WHOLE FIFTY!!!!!) extra after tax.

Cheers.

bakerloo
16th Apr 2001, 18:40
As an ezy F.O. we have had all night stops taken away, we can expect a lot of standby`s also including airport standby`s for wich there is no pay, and finally if there is training going on, wich you have probably gathered there is going to be a fair bit, you can expect a disrupted or reduced roster.
The point being I will earn less, fly less, and basically waste away on standby.

LAVDUMPER
16th Apr 2001, 22:31
Bakerloo,

Sorry to hear about your reduced schedule. What about the Athens red-eye trip? Would you count that as a night-stop?

Also, do you need much conversion training for the 737-700? I don't understand your statement regarding extra training time.

Cheers

Skyjob
17th Apr 2001, 00:57
Lavdumper,

F/O's are regularly scheduled to be safety pilots on their rosters. At any stage during the training of a new crewmember the safety pilot may becaome redundant and then crewing/rostering will create another day of standby for you. Hence a reduction in your time on the aircraft and flying duty hours, etc.

[This message has been edited by Skyjob (edited 16 April 2001).]

bakerloo
17th Apr 2001, 01:17
Lav dumper.
no need to feel sorry, training is our nature , we all need to start somewhere, it`s just that fo`s subsidise the flying with an interupted or reduced roster, so all we have is our basic pay.

The training I talk about is the line training of new pilots on to the 737-300 and the737-700.

The company consider us a surplus commodity, not many people have left recently because maybe bonds, location, or maybe they might just be happy. The new pay deal will certainly concentate minds and leave people feeling let down, under valued, and with no opportunities......watch out for the orange culture it DIVIDES + RULES..

Good Luck..

gurnzee
20th Apr 2001, 19:56
looks like people are seeing red in easyland!!!

eezypilot
20th Apr 2001, 22:20
I think its fair to say a lot of F.O.s are seeing red.

If you are a wannabe, start applying to easy because a lot of people are walking out of the door in three months creating a lot of vacancies, a lot of training, a lot of FOs on safety cover, a lot of disruption, a lot of resignation and the cycle continues....ad nauseam.

Gypsy
21st Apr 2001, 10:29
I'm afraid I disagree with eezypilot. F/O's just got a 2.7% increase which is there or abouts RPI. Last year before the payrise they were earning well above £40K pa (including their sector pay) - not bad for the RHS. Remember that in easyjet promotion prospects are also better than in most companies because of the large number of new 737s on order.

slartybartfast
23rd Apr 2001, 01:00
Could a F/O from GO or Ryan Air give us a monthly take home figure and a quick dit on rosters etc so that I could get a bit of comparison?? Are they all pretty much the same, or is it possible to work out a waish list??

Cheers http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif