PDA

View Full Version : One time convicted for a little crime

Steefiej
4th Sep 2007, 13:02
G'day all,

Half a year, I have been convicted for a little crime and got 20 hours punishment to work in a hospital in the kitchten. I come from the Netherlands and here it become spent after 20 years. I'd like to do in 2 years the selection rounds at EPST. This instance will provide education at OAT and I was wondering if anybody could tell me, if it's a problem 20 hours work punishment ?

Thanks in advance,

Steefiej

Nibbler
4th Sep 2007, 15:58
I can PM you a link to the UK guide on the "The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974" if you want - or Google it.

As you are applying for a job in the UK the following applies even if the offence was outside the UK. For your [minor] offence and [minor] sentence.

If you were under 18 at the time of conviction then you must declare your offence to an employer for 2.5 years after conviction.
If you were over 18 then it's 5 years after conviction.You are required to declare ALL offences if you are applying for a job:

as an accountant or barrister
in the police
working with children or vulnerable adults
relating to the administration of justice or financial regulationHowever there is still an element of limitation - i.e. when minor offences are no longer held on the UK police national computer - then you would have no need to declare them in any case.

In your case:

If you were under 18 at the time of conviction - when you reach the age of 40.
If you were over 18 then it's 30 years from conviction.Hope that helps

Simon