PDA

View Full Version : Ground School CD-Roms

GyroSteve
4th Sep 2007, 11:22
Has anyone got any comments / experiences good or bad regarding any of the PPL Ground School CD-ROMs currently available?

eg:

"Teach me to fly"
Cranfield web-based tutorial
Oxford CD-Roms

or any others?

I'm looking for some material to point my students at to help them with their ground school. I used books but times have moved on ...!

sternone
4th Sep 2007, 13:13
Oxford CD-Roms

I have the Oxford Cd-roms, they are OK, i learned alot from them, aldo somethimes the male voice is boring and speaks to slow

I have also the Jeppesen Private pilot dvd series and the Jeppesen IR dvd series and i find them pritty good aldo a little to much on the surface since the USA PPL tests are a real joke compared to the JAR-FCL one

I have also the King Schools dvd sets and they are the worst, don't spend any money on that crap, i just hate john and marta they are soooo boring and so unfunny, i bet they are both gay (wich is OK ofcorse)

bean_ian
4th Sep 2007, 15:56
I used the Oxford CD Roms as my sole source of study and when I was finished that got my hands on a confuser.
It did the job, my lowest score was 85%

tangovictor
4th Sep 2007, 15:58
i also used the Oxford aviation cd's, rather than the books, miles better

Greg2041
5th Sep 2007, 15:26
Hi, I am in a similar position to you. I have the OAT PPL package and it is very informative however I have been assured that the content is far too detailed for any PPL theory examination. I have also bought the PRATT books which again are very interesting and well written but my favourite media package is one provided by CATS which seems far easier to digest. I also like the test feature. You can access a demo from the homepage.

http://www.cranfieldaviation.com/uk/index.html

Please note that I have not subscribed to the CATS course, as I have all the other books and CD roms and really must save my hard earned cash for flying. The demo looks pretty good though.

Enjoy!