PDA

View Full Version : training facts and figures

newcrew
4th Sep 2007, 09:49
hi all

i am thinking of applying to CX (currently flying 737, 6 000 tt)

i have visited HK and flown on CX as a pax and was very impressed...

the training / upgrade system at CX seems to have a "poor" reputation

i would appreciate any advice / facts / figures re the above ie what % of pilots fail the inital sim course / line training / so to fo, fo to captain etc etc etc

would really appreciate any advice / comments / suggestions

looking forward to your replies

fly safe

:):)

SIC
4th Sep 2007, 12:18
Newcrew if you think you won't make it you probably won't. CX is all about confidence - we are the best you know!:}:ouch:

Anyway to answer your question - very very few fail initial training. With your experience surely you will be ok. It s the command upgrade that gets about 30% of the guys the first time around. If you're joining from SA and you want to join on the freighter or FO on pax you have to take a base. Do you have a Euro/US/ Aus passport?? Otherwise you might have to join in HKG as an SO.....which is a bit silly with 6000 hours since you can go elsewhere and make twice the money.

jtr
4th Sep 2007, 12:19
Ohhh alright, here goes...

i have visited HK and flown on CX as a pax and was very impressed...
I have visited Seaworld and was very impressed. Doesn't mean I would want to live or work there. I think it is fair to say judging an airline (when considering employment on the flight deck) by your treatment as a pax might be considered as naive to say the least. Do a bit of research on HKG re. pollution, cost of living, quality of life etc etc and you may change your mind (of course it is all relative)

the training / upgrade system at CX seems to have a "poor" reputation
Why thank you, I think that is the nicest thing someone has said about the CX check and checking dept. for quite some time.

i would appreciate any advice / facts / figures re the above ie what % of pilots fail the inital sim course / line training / so to fo, fo to captain etc etc etc
You will not get the statistics but at a guess when comparing to industry standard I suppose you could say
Initial Sim Course - Average
Line Training - Average
S/O to F/O - Average
F/O to Capt - Way way way above average

I will not go into the inanity of the checking department as that has been around the block more than enough.

would really appreciate any advice / comments / suggestions

Advice
-If you are making coffee in the simulator building (ahhh the good old days, seems like only yesterday) The coffee will taste much better if you put a shot of cold water in the cup before you add the hot.

Comments
-Read this forum and ask yourself why there are so many bad things said about HKG/CX/Employee relations/Check and Checking etc. Maybe we are a bunch of overpaid, selfish, self righteous, supercilious bastards and bastardettes, or maybe not.

Suggestions
-Have a little lie down, take an asprin, you will be over the desire in the morning. If not, seek professional help.

air pressure
4th Sep 2007, 14:06
Advice:

dont

Comments:

see a doctor

Suggestions:

get a life

barnstormingmustang
4th Sep 2007, 17:26
WHY such a high upgrade failure rate???