PDA

View Full Version : Asian Aerospace 2007

BMM389EC
4th Sep 2007, 08:28
Hello All.
Anyone know the chances of getting my son ( age 3) in at the Business Aviation Centre to go and see the aircraft on static display? I've registered but don't want to go all the way there and then they won't let him in? Any ideas? Regards

moosp
6th Sep 2007, 14:26
I did not know the answer to this question, so did not answer. But generally, business conventions are for business people. I did not see any children at the forum.

However I shall now hijack your thread as to why this was the only mention on this forum of the Asian Aerospace Forum 2007. Where were the Ppruners?

I saw a few pilots there. A few managers from the third floor, and many more from engineering. Several from FTC in various guises, but overall I was surprised that on the three days I was there (in more than a visitor capacity) that CX or KA FLt Ops were conspicuous by their absence.

Nick came on Monday, and reportedly did the entire event in 20 minutes. But then we no longer expect our FOD to be a Total Aviation Person. He reportedly spent a lingering time on the cabin seating stands.

Who to talk to? Well Boeing, EADS, Jeppersen, for starters. Stennheiser to tell them what you think of their headsets, and Bose to tell them to get their act together and sell to CX. (Henry reported did so.) Swing by the incredible blonde on the Polish Freight organisation, and then meet up with previous colleagues who are selling training organisations.

Lunch with choice of ex cxer s/os who are now chief pilot LCC/head of training LCC/head of airline security/taxi driver depending on their fates.

If you have any involvement in GA then the Cirrus and Diamond stands would stir your loins with their offerings, then off to the static park to see what a proper flight deck should look like these days, with a Cat 3 nav data base. CX pilots dream on, you will retire before you get the stuff that business jets and advanced GA get on their flight decks right now. Then on to slashers to bore everybody rigid about what you did all day.

Anyway, I had what is termed in the trade, a "Good Show". Hope you non posters did too.