PDA

View Full Version : Job adverts in wannabes forum

Luke SkyToddler
3rd Sep 2007, 20:38
Dear WWW, scroggs & the rest of the mod team, as you have no doubt noticed we live in unprecedented good times with regard to pilot employment, it seems to be every other day now that there's actually people posting threads advertising employment vacancies in here.

I know the current policy is to remove such threads unless they pay for advertising space, but given the almost total domination of pprune amongst european pilot websites I do think it's a real potential jobseeker's resource for the wannabes, that's going to waste.

Is there any possibility of creating a forum specifically for job adverts? Making it a moderated / semi closed forum so that no-one can post there except for genuine job vacancies?

I know on the one level it's commercial enterprise leeching Danny's bandwidth for free to promote aviation jobs, but to my mind allowing such a forum would still be a great service for pprune users, and certainly a much better use of internet bandwidth than whatever it costs Danny to keep hosting sad drivel like 3/4 of the Jet Blast forum year in and year out :hmm:

MrHorgy
4th Sep 2007, 13:50
I've seen two job vacancies posted so far. One asking for chief pilots and ops diectors, and another asking for 1000hrs on type. The reality is most people don't need to advertise low houred / wannabe type positions, there are probably 100 CV's on the desk in the pile.

Plus, if there was free advertising as well as paid for advertising, I imagine some of the companies actually paying for space might turn their nose up and go elsewhere - I would.

Horgy

Diamond_Dog
4th Sep 2007, 19:27
100 CV's?!

come come... & the rest Mr Horgy!! :ooh:

Wee Weasley Welshman
4th Sep 2007, 19:59
LST - I know what you mean but basically no, we can't do that.

There is a business model to PPRuNe. It has to be followed and it doesn't involve a job advert forum.

Cheers, all input always welcome,