PDA

View Full Version : relevance of MCC

WingRaver
3rd Sep 2007, 09:23
Hi there,

I was wondering if the aircraft type you do your MCC on in an integrated course (B200, CRJ, A320, etc) plays an important role, later when applying to an airline?

Should the MCC be a criteria when choosing an FTO?

Many thanx

Mercenary Pilot
3rd Sep 2007, 11:16
I was wondering if the aircraft type you do your MCC on in an integrated course (B200, CRJ, A320, etc) plays an important role, later when applying to an airline

Not at all, although it may be worth getting a "heads-up" on jet operation if the company your applying to actually uses a jet sim for a pre employment assessment, but its not really necessary and a lot of airlines use basic simulators for this purpose anyway. Besides, if you have already have jet sim time the airline will expect a higher standard from you.

Should the MCC be a criteria when choosing an FTO?

Absolutely not! :=

WingRaver
3rd Sep 2007, 14:26
cheers mate,

thx for the quick answer.

gz

Parson
3rd Sep 2007, 14:52
You want to use your MCC as preparation for a sim assessment with an airline. If you go to Parc, they cover the "ticks in the boxes" in the MCC theory and then spend the rest of the time preparing you for a sim ride. You do of course get the mcc/crm flying element as well. And if you're particularly hot, they'll put you forward to FR without having to go through the usual route.

You can do a basic MCC at low cost, but I'd go for the best you can afford and get some time in on a full motion jet sim.

WingRaver
3rd Sep 2007, 19:50
thx for the feedback.

I can rule out my possibilities now and get on with it.

cheers