PDA

View Full Version : Microlight Instructor

princepilot
2nd Sep 2007, 11:48
Hi,

Halfway through my ppl.

When i have completed it what do i need to do to become a microlight instructor?

I have no interest in becoming an airline pilot, but microlight instructors are on better pay so im told so that would really interest me.

Matt

princepilot
2nd Sep 2007, 15:53
11 views and not a reply?

Anybody? :}

Simon150
2nd Sep 2007, 18:54
Thats a damn good question! As far as I know there is no CPL for microlight pilots so the instructor rating must have some dispensation for getting paid maybe.

Considering that this is a professional pilots website, and that there are numerous threads on why class A instructors get paid so poorly, I am surprised that there is not more interest in this topic! If you can get paid better that class A instructing, without having to do a CPL then this sounds very attractive indeed......

What are we missing?

Anybody?

Pilot_in_the_making
3rd Sep 2007, 13:23
I should point out that I am a group A PPL and have never flown a microlight before, hence I don't have a clue when it comes to microlights.

I came across a couple of links on other threads of this site and thought they might be useful to you:-

How to become a microlight instructor (3 axis) (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225070)

Microlight Instructor?? (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188265)

From what I can work out and don't quote me on this because it may be absolute :mad:. It appears that there is no CPL for microlights, hence you can teach on microlights with a valid PPL or a NPPL, 100 hours P1 and having completed some kind of microlight instructors course (unless you already have a group A instructors rating in which case I think you can carry the instructors rating across with you). Obviously you would also need a valid medical. Not totally sure if you need a class one to teach, or weather you can use your class two if you use a PPL (or the squiggle from your doctor if you are using a NPPL).

Like I say, don't rely on my interpretation as I only briefly galnced through the information and may have got completely the wrong end of the stick!!!!!

Hope this helps.