PDA

View Full Version : Question for Atlas guys

KaptainKangaroo
3rd Feb 2001, 04:39
Just wondering what are the forecast for pilot hiring during 2001?

How senoir is Los Angeles? Can I expect to get it as a new-hire?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. is there a website where I can get some information on the route structure?

WhaleDriver
4th Feb 2001, 02:49
LA is the most senior base. You may be able to hold it in a year, depending on what our turnover is after we get a contract? Hiring also depends on how the contract goes. Maybe by early summer things will have settled out.

thatwasclose
5th Feb 2001, 06:21
Go to www.atlasair.com (http://www.atlasair.com) It has the info you need on the aircraft. The route vary because they are based on different contracts.Generally JFK base fly to Europe, Middle East and Asia. MIA base to South America, ANC base to Far East and US and LAX the same.

744CTYANKEE
8th Feb 2001, 20:33
KK

I wish you well on getting hired. At the moment, I expect you may find it difficult to get any realistic info on forecast hiring for this year. There is so much going on here. With the loss of our founder, Mr. Chowdry, and the resultant restructuring, accompanied with a court decision against the company regarding a Union issue, and further complicated by customer issues*, I suspect that not a dammed person really knows what's going on. I also doubt you will find much regarding our routes, as that is company protected information. However, as we have a constantly changing customer base, the routes we fly today may not be the routes we will fly when you get hired. So, if you want to base your decision to fly here, I would suggest to focus on one very important factor.(..if there is a possibility of there only being ONE important factor..) and that is that your quality of life would be Largely determined by weather you live at your assigned base or not.
I hope this helps a little. Again, Good luck.