PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get through Feeback?

Mrs-rodge-bless-her
2nd Sep 2007, 10:12
Hi Everyone,

What in your opinion is the best way to get through the masses of feedback thats available out there?

Currently Im going through Bristol Online, but so many questions and not an idea where to start.

Some people ive spoke to have said do 25questions at a time then go back and do them again and again until you get 90-100% then move on to the next 25... Others have said do 100questions at a time, but that just feels like its never going to end and can get very dis-hearting, especially when you've got another 900q's to do, like in met.

Any ideas?

EK4457
2nd Sep 2007, 11:12
Just go through an amount which you feel happy with at the time. Somtimes I can only do 20 - 30. Sometimes I can do 100. Don't burn yourself out when tired!

What you have to remember with the question bank is that, whilst there are hundreds of Q's per subject, many are repeated, similar or require the same technique but with different numbers.

You will find that eventually the QB will hammer home the principles that the examiner is concentrating. Then, even if you do come across a Q you haven't seen before, you'll have a god idea what is going on.

I first got the QB and thought 'bo**ocks - do I have to memorise all this?!'.

1 month later, I never got below 90% on any test I did. And I work full time. It does work!!

Good luck.

Anyone else start their Mod 1 exams at LGW tomorrow?

redout
2nd Sep 2007, 12:49
Just do as EK4457 said. Somedays you will struggle to do about 50 and others you will just breeze through a hundred or so and feel like you can keep going. Also as EK4457 said, alot of the questions in the feedback are the same question wrote in a different way repeated several times over.

I would say though that for a person to remember the majority of the feedback that you are going to have to be able for coping with copious amounts of information over a short period of time and being able to retain it. Not all people are capable of doing this though. There was several in my class who I would by no means call stupid but were just not able to absorb the huge quantities of information. All people work at different levels. I have always thought of History as a good indicator. A subject were there was no real theory involved but did require a person to remember huge quantities of information.

tweak302
3rd Sep 2007, 09:11
hi there,

definitely do bristol, has the most up to date and accurate database, there was only 3 or 4 q's i had not already seen when i did my jaa's, try to get the whole database in before your exams but don't over-cram. i did all of human perf. in one day and it definitely had a limited benefit. the search tool on bristol is useful for finding those tricky q's as well so you don't have to do the ones that you find easier over and over again. a lot of this is getting used to the style of question thats going to be asked, some of the wording is terrible and once you have the technique sorted you'll be fine. where bristol comes into its own is the simple "fact answers" where there is no calculation...you either know it or you don't and if you know most of the bristol answers then you will be fine. and trust me, its far easier memorizing 900 bristol answers than a 90,000 word textbook...!!!

hope this was usefull...

Mrs-rodge-bless-her
3rd Sep 2007, 17:06
Many thanks guys and gals.