PDA

View Full Version : Problems with IE7 ?

Flybywyre
1st Sep 2007, 20:43
Anyone out there experiencing problems with the latest download of IE7 ?
A couple of friends have had problems such as freezing, very slow operation and in one case it just doesn't work.
I downloaded it yesterday and it works OK but it is considerably slower than the IE6 that it replaced.
I put up with it for 24 hours but it all came to an end 3 hours ago.
Downloaded Mozilla Firefox and already I can't believe how smooth and quick its operations are :8
Looking forward to playing around with it over the next few days but if its opening performance is anything to go by its goodbye to IE (forever !!)
Regards
FBW

Saab Dastard
1st Sep 2007, 21:17
My number 1 browser on all my PCs is...

Firefox!

FF - 3, IE - 0.

SD

frostbite
1st Sep 2007, 21:37
I would have totally agreed with SD, Firefox is certainly good and there is no way I would ever go back to IE, which I haven't used for years.

But, Opera just has the edge on Firefox for me.

green granite
2nd Sep 2007, 06:35
Agreed totally, especially with the IE tab option installed for those sites where the programmer was to idle to make compatible with all browsers.

MarcJF
2nd Sep 2007, 20:23
Either Firefox or Opera for me, IE7 and Vista = N I G H T M A R E !!

WALSue
7th Sep 2007, 20:17
IE 7 does have a habbit of locking up if you have too many tabs open. However, most web developers only develop for the latest IE and don't care too much about how their site runs in other browsers (including a certain council...)
I'm using Opera on a Nintendo DS but thats just very nerdy!

HandyAndy
8th Sep 2007, 23:22
Yes, I too have been having these issues with IE7 and did searches to see what is causing it. One report suggested that there were too many add-ons in IE (Tools/Manage Add-Ons) and I did close a few. It didn't help much.

I am now educating myself to using Firefox (which has been installed for a while but not used much).

It was a case of "better the devil you know" for me but I have to admit Firefox is a big improvement over IE and I am succeedng in pointing my mouse to Firefox now after bootup!:cool:

HA

PPRuNe Pop
9th Sep 2007, 06:46
This is really very interesting.

I have tried Opera and Firefox but I always come back to IE6. I just take it for granted. It's always there, unless there are things happening that I don't realise is a problem.

Having said that I am going to try Firefox again to see if I can solve the very annoying problem of some narrow web pages with overlapping text.