PDA

View Full Version : FTE/Flybe seminars, Birmingham/Belfast

Irish_Stu
1st Sep 2007, 15:38
I'm probably late on the ball as usual, but just in case anyone hasn't seen this on the FTE website, they are running seminars in Birmingham and Belfast on 12th and 13th of September. Details in link below:

http://www.flighttrainingeurope.com/page.php?page_name=seminars&idgroup=15

Stu

Neo_RS14
1st Sep 2007, 22:42
Thanks for putting that up mate, I hadn't seen it. :ok:

Lost_ethics
2nd Sep 2007, 14:15
Thanks for putting this up.
Anyone know of any (un)official 'entry requirements' (Age, qualifications, how many FlyBe Captins you know etc.) for the seminar and is it a worthwhile seminar for a real insight or just a FlyBe insight? :8

Irish_Stu
2nd Sep 2007, 14:41
Well I'm not sure if it's what you mean but I suppose if you want to attend the seminar with a view to applying for one of the Flybe/FTE schemes, then you'll want to be able to meet the entry requirements for the course, which are (taken from FTE site) :

have a minimum of 2 A-Level passes, Grade C or above (or equivalent).
have a minimum of 5 GCSE passes.
Of the 5 GCSE passes, Maths, English and Science subjects are mandatory at Grade C or above.
have the right to live and work in the UK.

Lost_ethics
2nd Sep 2007, 15:02
I'm looking at attending for a bit of information weighing up the Uni or flying schemes decision. I'm 17 and 11 months off (fingers crossed) getting the elusive final A levels I meet the rest of the criteria just wondering if it's worth a trip to the NEC or should I give it a year (or three)?

Irish_Stu
2nd Sep 2007, 15:32
I would say it's always worthwhile to attend things like this. Good opportunity to talk to Flybe and FTE staff and see what sort of qualities they are looking for in cadets. You might also get some good advice as to which course to do at uni if you decide to go down that route. It will also probably be a good opportunity to network with other wannabes which is always useful.
As far as I can see it's free to attend so what have you got to lose?

AlexD121
2nd Sep 2007, 15:36
I have to agree with Stu here, especially as you say you haven't yet reached a decision on what you want to do. These seminars may well reveal something to you that will help you make up your mind one way or the other. All to gain, nothing to lose.

Irish_Stu
2nd Sep 2007, 15:42
You heading along Alex? I'm hoping to attend the Belfast one although it's the same day as my phase 4..
So if my Flybe interview finishes on time for me to catch my Flybe flight, and it arrives in Belfast on time, I'll be able to attend the Flybe seminar...

:ok:

AlexD121
2nd Sep 2007, 15:54
I'm not sure at the moment, my phase 4 is on the morning of the 12th so they're both a bit late for me! I might go just in case phase 4 doesn't go the way I want it to but then I don't want to think like that incase it Jinx's my phase 4 lol!

Shay
2nd Sep 2007, 17:29
I'm heading to the one in Belfast on the 13th I think, can't remember... I've already decided to go to Jerez after I take my year out after school, so hopefully they might mention a sponsorship in the near future :8 Anyone else heading to them?

AlexD121
2nd Sep 2007, 21:43
I would have said smart casual would be a good idea.

Put1992
11th Sep 2007, 17:08
eep. ive kind of been put off the whole idea now, i emailed ahead explaining that i was 15, and they said it would be fine, and informative for me to attend. After all those responses, i dont think i'll go!

AlexD121
11th Sep 2007, 17:49
Put 1992, can I ask what exactly has put you off? I think FTE are right, the seminar would be very informative for you. At your age I think you should find out all you can about your chosen career so you can make sure it really is for you.

Gingerbread Man
12th Sep 2007, 10:08
I registered for this ages ago but haven't been sent a confirmation email or anything. Should I have done? Or do I just arrive at the hotel?

Cheers

Ginger ;)

Lost_ethics
12th Sep 2007, 14:30
Put1992 I think you should go. I'd like to see a fewer younger faces just scouting for some more information like me rather than those who know what they're up to.
(Smart casual... I've got my sandels, shorts and my "I love Magaluf" t-shirt at the ready ;):E)

Put1992
12th Sep 2007, 19:22
Lost_ethics thanks, i didnt go in the end, but ill be sure to attend the next seminar.

Thanks

FruitSalad
12th Sep 2007, 22:52
It was good, got a chance to meet the chap in charge of selection for the recent Cabair sponsorships with Flybe. After receiving over 200 applications they are looking to narrow down the selection to just 6 pilots.

Also FTE looks like a fantastic place to train for those who have only considered a flight school in the UK think about applying for the Flybe MAPS scheme through FTE as they have 24 places on offer. The sponsorship is for a lesser amount of money but they are taking on far more pilots.