PDA

View Full Version : virgin-trim the fat

albatrossuk
2nd Feb 2001, 10:24
at present ,as most are aware the pilots are entering the realms of a potential dispute with the company.this i believe is completely justified for many if not all the reasons mention/expressed elsewhere on this website.
what annoys me greatly is that while we are fighting for what is basically "parity" in our field of long haul ops. the company is in general a vastly overstaffed,bloated menagery of departmental 'empire building'.
for eg. we were recently sent through the post a format /diagram illustrating the flt ops rostering/crewing dept. what the hell is going on when a 'schedule'airline with a relatively 'static'route system,flt.deck no's of approx 700,etc has what can only be described as an 'empire' of a dept.not only this but there is equipment/programs available(but not utilised)which could spit out the entire flt.crew rosters in an afternoon....for several months in advance....!!
these kind of ineficiencies are unacceptable!!
it is in our best interests and the companies to irradicate this kind of incredible wastage but for this to happen we need to recruit true professionals who are experts in their fields of management.
i find it rather gaulling that such a person has been hired in double quick time to "deal"with the potential trouble brewing with balpa etc.if the same kind of attention was paid to the myriad of areas of incredible wastage elsewhere in virgin(u/c seats spring to mind as an obvios example)the cost savings would be substantial..!!!
'never has so much been wasted by so many for so few'............
what say ye !!!!!

Mother
2nd Feb 2001, 11:40
I say this would be better off in the Airline Specific Provate Forum.

Flap40
3rd Feb 2001, 00:40
Surely you can just delete the word "Virgin" and substitute any other airline name. I know it works for KLMuk and I've heard of others!

ECAM actions
3rd Feb 2001, 15:05
Albatrossuk, this is not confined to the rostering dept. Remember when we were all in one building in Horley less than five years ago and now there is a main office, a susidiary main office, one for the engineers, a tech training office, and another new one on its way up. It's all a bit much when we've only expanded by around 15 - 20%. Let's hope the banks don't call the loans in!!!!